Author Topic: Expert: Clinton unlikely to be indicted, but she shouldn't be celebrating  (Read 681 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/expert-clinton-unlikely-to-be-indicted-but-she-shouldnt-be-celebrating/article/2590649

Expert: Clinton unlikely to be indicted, but she shouldn't be celebrating
By Rudy Takala (@RudyTakala) • 5/7/16 12:01 AM

Hillary Clinton isn't likely to be indicted over accusations that she mishandled classified information, according to a former Justice Department official. But that doesn't mean she should be celebrating.

"If the FBI recommends prosecution, which I think they will, and if the Justice Department agrees crimes have been committed, they're going to try to negotiate plea agreements with people … involving misdemeanors," Joseph DiGenova said in an interview with the Washington Examiner. "I don't think they're going to let it get to a point where there's going to be an indictment.

DiGenova was appointed by President Reagan and served as U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia. He won esteem for cases that included the conviction of two of the district's deputy mayors, and the prosecution of Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard.

He's also an expert on the case against Clinton, who he said he believes will have a difficult time avoiding charges. "Even though I don't trust this Justice Department ... this case is so well-known that if no one is charged, that will be almost as bad as charging everyone," DiGenova said. "If no charges are brought, then I assume there will be massive leaks from the FBI, and the public will learn about it a different way."

Washington Examiner: Reports this week indicated that Guccifer has claimed he hacked Clinton's server. We already know that the server violated records laws, so does the fact of a breach in some way enhance the wrongdoing?

DiGenova: It would demonstrate that any classified information that was on the server was subject to compromise, so it would be a piece of evidence that would be used in building a case of violations of the various statutes that prohibit storing or maintaining classified information in an improper location.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kik5150

There is a lot of information that has not been made public, such as exactly how the air gap between secure and non-secure servers was breached, how many of her deleted emails the FBI were able to recover, and what was in them. It is not just possible crimes related to the mishandling of classified information, but destruction of public records violations as well as public corruption (Clinton Foundation).
"Trump is no conservative. He's a self-dealing charlatan and he's got a lot of fall-for anything chump types fooled."
-Jim "Chump" Robinson