Author Topic: Conservative leaders launch effort to find alternative to Trump  (Read 509 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/07/politics/donald-trump-alternative-candidate/index.html

By Kevin Bohn, CNN

The group includes radio talk show host Erick Erickson and former George W. Bush adviser Bill Wichterman
"We will not vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton; but we will vote," the group said in a statement

Washington (CNN)A major group of conservatives that opposed Donald Trump for months is now promising to find an alternative candidate -- but is not vowing to support a third-party candidacy.

Saying this is not just a fight for the "heart and soul of the Republican Party" but a battle for the future of the country, the group known as Conservatives Against Trump issued a statement Saturday saying: "This week, Conservatives Against Trump launched a formal effort to identify an acceptable alternative candidate to run for president against Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton."

"We believe the political environment remains wide open for a qualified conservative candidate to emerge," the group said. "We are working to identify an alternative candidate, obtain the necessary ballot access through a state-by-state effort and develop a comprehensive campaign plan to enable victory in November."

The group, which includes dozens of conservative leaders, vowed not to stay away from the polls come election day. "We will not vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton; but we will vote," the statement concluded.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Conservative leaders launch effort to find alternative to Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 03:04:34 pm »
Who are these "conservative leaders" they allude to?

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 03:05:12 pm »
"Saying this is not just a fight for the "heart and soul of the Republican Party" but a battle for the future of the country" ... where has our 'conservative' leadership been in the past 8 years?   :shrug:  There has been NO conservative leadership!   :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 03:10:04 pm »
Erick Erickson gets $3 million to support “The Resurgent”

Yet even these political whores do not top “conservative” Erick Erickson, founder of RedState.com, who funds his media venture “The Resurgent” with Super-PAC money from the Ricketts family of Wisconsin, big backers of Gov. Scott Walker (who incidentally endorsed Cruz).

ConservativeTreeHouse.com documented that the Ricketts family funded Our Principles PAC to the tune of $3 million in February alone.  We should not be surprised when FEC filings show money from Our Principles PAC flowing to Resurgent Media, with the box “Oppose Trump” checked off as the Erickson media group’s purpose.

“In addition to all of those in the Salem Media Communications network, along with Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, Ben Shapiro, Erick Erickson and anyone who is hosted upon the various media enterprises they front for…. all paid shrills dependent upon political graft,” the ConservativeTreeHouse.com article concludes.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/04/08/gop-establishment-money-funding-mark-levin-glenn-beck-erick-erickson-to-attack-trump/

This Article exemplifies more proof #neverTrump is a Democrat/GOPe FAKE operation to save the Ruling class from the People.

Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 03:12:42 pm »
Palin really tied her wagon to Trump, if she hadn't done that, I wonder if folks would consider her or even, still consider her? I like her, I guess she carries some baggage though, nothing really bad except a media that has been mean-spirited.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 03:12:57 pm »
Ben Sasse / Nikki Haley.  American Conservative  Party  2016

My dream team and dream Party.

Not like it will happen this election, but I do see a movement away from The party that accepts Trump as their leader.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2016, 03:29:25 pm »
.This Article exemplifies more proof #neverTrump is a Democrat/GOPe FAKE operation to save the Ruling class from the People.

If by "the People" you mean the alt-right yahoos who are supporting Trump,  then bring it on.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2016, 03:48:26 pm »
Palin really tied her wagon to Trump, if she hadn't done that, I wonder if folks would consider her or even, still consider her? I like her, I guess she carries some baggage though, nothing really bad except a media that has been mean-spirited.

Once a fighter against crony capitalism, now she hitched her wagon to one of the biggest crony capitalist of the last hundred years.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 06:01:28 pm »

===============================

That is an accurate summation of Sarah Palin.