Author Topic: Under Obama Abortion And Teenage Pregnacy Fall To Record Low  (Read 760 times)

Offline mirraflake

http://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/20...rth-rates.html

Births among Hispanic and black teens have dropped by almost half since 2006, according to a new analysis published by CDC. This mirrors a substantial national decline: births to all American teenagers have dropped more than 40 percent within the past decade.

Preventing teen pregnancy remains one of CDC’s top priorities and the agency is working on a number of fronts. One key component of this work is encouraging community-centered efforts. For example, between 2010 and 2015, CDC and the HHS Office of Adolescent Health (OAH) collaborated to demonstrate the effectiveness of innovative, multicomponent, communitywide initiatives in reducing rates of teen pregnancy and births in communities with the highest rates, with a focus on reaching African American and Latino or Hispanic young people ages 15 to 19 years. Preliminary outcome data indicate that the community-wide initiatives were successful - each community increased the number of teens who received evidence-based teen pregnancy prevention interventions and reproductive health services, as well as the percentage of teens who received moderately or highly effective contraceptive methods, including long-acting reversible contraception.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:27:42 pm by mirraflake »

Offline mirraflake

Re: Under Obama Abortion And Teenage Pregnacy Fall To Record Low
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 06:34:25 pm »
Couple of my comments:

1. Widely  available BC in schools has helped. A family friend is a guidance counselor. Back in the 90's he said 10-20 girls i HS at any given time   were pregnant and today most classes do not have any pregnant

2. When I was in HS late 70's/early 80's guys and girls were out mingling it up and trying to get laid. I would say most guys were not virgins when graduating if they looked halfway decent and had  a good personality.  Due to social  media today young guys are total clowns/clueless around girls.

My nephews tell me how many guys have never kissed a girl in HS let alone had a date/still virgins in college...and guys who upon graduating college have NEVER been on a date.

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 06:45:34 pm »
So he is to credit for this how?  Cuz he has been pushing homosexuality?

He passed along his Low T to a new generation of emo's?   :shrug:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:47:24 pm »
I think we are simply having a cultural change where people are connecting more virtually and less in person. More time is spent being distracted online and through the massive amount of media so fooling around is reduced. Also, to try to put this as politely as possible, I think when teenagers are fooling around these days, more often, alternative options to intercourse are chosen as they are becoming more accepted/norm. (think Lewinsky)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 06:48:41 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 06:53:42 pm »
alternative options to intercourse are chosen as they are becoming more accepted/norm. (think Lewinsky)

Oral sex was common place in my day late 70's. Nothing new.  I messed around a lot..How do I put this?  rare to find a girl who did not give oral sex..and these were just regular small town gals who later went to college and got married.

Less young people today are having sex than in our generation.

I also think more options for girls..many are wanting to go to college and don't want a baby.  They saw their mom's and Aunts lives screwed up with a baby out of wedlock.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:55:34 pm »
So he is to credit for this how?  Cuz he has been pushing homosexuality?

Might by pushing homosexuality  you are either gay or you are not. Gays are still only going to be 2-4% of population at most.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 07:04:25 pm »
Oral sex was common place in my day late 70's. Nothing new.  I messed around a lot..How do I put this?  rare to find a girl who did not give oral sex..and these were just regular small town gals who later went to college and got married.

A Frank Zappa Tune From Joes Garage just came to mind!   
Thanks Man!   :beer:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 07:16:42 pm »

I also think more options for girls..many are wanting to go to college and don't want a baby.  They saw their mom's and Aunts lives screwed up with a baby out of wedlock.
Less people today are having sex period. Take a look at the birth rate in general. I'd also say that there's a lot of fear that men will get screwed by a girlfriend if they end up breaking up, so they just avoid relationships altogether. Then, I think women are fatter, uglier and emotionally colder than they used to be, making it impossible to win a good one over without a perfect confluence of circumstances.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024