Author Topic: Lindsey Graham won't vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016  (Read 865 times)

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON
Lindsey Graham won't vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016
« on: May 06, 2016, 05:52:38 pm »
Lindsey Graham won't vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016
By Dana Bash, CNN
Updated 1:28 PM ET, Fri May 6, 2016

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/06/politics/lindsey-graham-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-not-vote/index.html

Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of Donald Trump's most outspoken Republican critics, says he will not vote for either Trump or Hillary Clinton for president this year.
Graham says in a statement Friday he "cannot in good conscience support Donald Trump because I do not believe he is a reliable Republican conservative nor has he displayed the judgment and temperament to serve as Commander in Chief."

South Carolina's senior senator also says he will join a growing list of veteran Republicans, including both Presidents Bush, Mitt Romney, John McCain and others, now declining to attend the party's convention this summer in Cleveland, Ohio.
-excerpt

He is supposed to be speaking on CNN @ 2 pm ET

He also went on a twitter tirade about it...
https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC

Online libertybele

Re: Lindsey Graham won't vote for Trump or Clinton in 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 06:02:45 pm »
Graham dropped out rather early in the race.  He stated that Trump wasn't a reliable Republican conservative.  Gee, we had a tremendously reliable conservative ...where was your support for him Lindsey??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 06:08:50 pm »
Graham on now......

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 06:10:45 pm »
This is like Stalin saying he doesn't support Hitler.
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Offline Nickname

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 06:12:03 pm »
It's an interesting split.

People who supported conservatives and those who supported establishment candidates want nothing to do with Trump.

Trump's supporters wanted to 'burn it down' and Trump went scorched earth so maybe they've succeeded. We'll know soon how it all plays out.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 06:13:51 pm »
Graham dropped out rather early in the race.  He stated that Trump wasn't a reliable Republican conservative.  Gee, we had a tremendously reliable conservative ...where was your support for him Lindsey??

Did Lindsay at one point urge people to vote for Cruz after Graham dropped out? That seems to be a vague notion I have. LG certainly never told people to vote for Trump. Maybe LG gave some support to Rubio or Kasich, it was to someone I thought.

Offline Nickname

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 06:15:55 pm »
Did Lindsay at one point urge people to vote for Cruz after Graham dropped out? That seems to be a vague notion I have. LG certainly never told people to vote for Trump. Maybe LG gave some support to Rubio or Kasich, it was to someone I thought.

Graham begrudgingly endorsed Cruz.

Offline ThePatriotFile

• #NEVERCLINTON
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 06:16:36 pm »
It's an interesting split.

Not sure what the plan with this is?  Something is starting to appear to be happening behind the scenes.

Online libertybele

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2016, 06:18:31 pm »
Well, I look for one of two things to happen if Trump should become our president.  They will impeach him OR they will make him a lame duck president from day one.  He picks Kasich as his they will impeach him ASAP (they have to have reason first of off).  If he picks someone like Carson, they'll just work against him as Carson would be an even worse president.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2016, 06:20:20 pm »
I've posted an article entitled "What happens when you hate your candidate"? by Elliott Abrams. It's about George McGovern's 1972 run and how Scoop Jackson and Hubert Humphrey refused to endorse him before the Convention and how they worked to undermine him.

I think there's some of that going on now.  Many of these guys aren't just going to sit on the sidelines.  They'll work for Congressional races, but I'm betting some will work to sabotage Trump.  I sure would if I could figure out how.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 06:22:48 pm »
Well, I look for one of two things to happen if Trump should become our president.  They will impeach him OR they will make him a lame duck president from day one.  He picks Kasich as his they will impeach him ASAP (they have to have reason first of off).  If he picks someone like Carson, they'll just work against him as Carson would be an even worse president.

Congress gets to decide what "high crimes and misdemeanors" are.  So something as dopey as discounting the debt could be construed as such if the markets tank and nobody wants to buy our debt. The Democrats would love it, and I'm sure a lot of Republicans would be happy to run his ass out of town.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Nickname

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 06:33:25 pm »
Not sure what the plan with this is?  Something is starting to appear to be happening behind the scenes.

There does seem to be something going on between Ryan and now this.

I can't see them backing Johnson on the Libertarian ticket. The party guys aren't going to want to see donors or voters funneled to another party and risk it becoming habit.

I could see them backing an independent candidate who would be one-and-done.

In all liklihood tho, they're just gobsmacked and floundering.

We will see!