Author Topic: McCain on tape: Trump damages my reelection hopes 'If Donald Trump is at the top of the ticket,' the senator says in a recording obtained by POLITICO, 'this may be the race of my life.'  (Read 230 times)

HAPPY2BME

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/trump-latinos-mccain-222810

Burgess Everett and Seung Min Kim
05/05/16 05:17 AM EDT

Publicly, John McCain insists Donald Trump will have a negligible effect on his campaign for reelection. But behind closed doors at a fundraiser in Arizona last month, the Republican senator and two-time presidential hopeful offered a far more dire assessment to his supporters.

“If Donald Trump is at the top of the ticket, here in Arizona, with over 30 percent of the vote being the Hispanic vote, no doubt that this may be the race of my life,” McCain said, according to a recording of the event obtained by POLITICO. “If you listen or watch Hispanic media in the state and in the country, you will see that it is all anti-Trump. The Hispanic community is roused and angry in a way that I've never seen in 30 years.”

Offline libertybele

No way am I defending Donny, but McCain needs to realize that he is about as establishment as they get and that's the reason he'd lose.  I would love nothing more than to see him defeated; unfortunately it will probably be to a DEM and not a GOP.

Do I think we will lose the Senate majority and possibly the House because of Donny absolutely.  But McCain is on his way out either way.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
No way am I defending Donny, but McCain needs to realize that he is about as establishment as they get and that's the reason he'd lose.  I would love nothing more than to see him defeated; unfortunately it will probably be to a DEM and not a GOP.

Do I think we will lose the Senate majority and possibly the House because of Donny absolutely.  But McCain is on his way out either way.

What McCain doesn't realize is that him or any Republican losing to a Dem isn't a problem for Trump. Trump will make the deal with or without a GOP majority. He will beat Mitch McConnell to the front of the line to make the deal.
The Republic is lost.