Author Topic: In reversal, Trump expresses openness to raising minimum wage  (Read 9062 times)

Offline Mechanicos

Re: In reversal, Trump expresses openness to raising minimum wage
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 11:42:30 pm »
Trump would not bring a single manufacturing job back to the US.  He can't.  Tariffs would set off a trade war and tank the stock market.  Congress would step in shut off the tariffs.

When did you get a degree in international economics? We already are going to hell in a hand basket and cannot sustain the loss. Look at our GDP. That will destroy this country. It is going to take what Trump is doing to save this economy. Because it cannot continue as it has especially with Cruz's TPP.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

A-Lert

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 11:42:39 pm »
Trump would not bring a single manufacturing job back to the US.  He can't.  Tariffs would set off a trade war and tank the stock market.  Congress would step in shut off the tariffs.

We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2016, 11:46:44 pm »
We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

You ever hear of Smoot-Hawley?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

geronl

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2016, 11:47:41 pm »
I read that as he wants to create good paying JOBS aka bring back manufacturing jobs which pay higher then minimum wage. Not raise Minimum wage.

Government does not create jobs, it can get out of the way and allow jobs to be created though. Trump would never do that, he supported the "Stimulus" but he thought it was way too small.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2016, 11:47:52 pm »

There is already a trade war going on..China, Mexico and India against the US. Our politicians are too dumb or crooked to realize it but the American worker does.

Try to sell your product in China..right off the bat tariffs are placed on it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 11:48:41 pm »
When did you get a degree in international economics? We already are going to hell in a hand basket and cannot sustain the loss. Look at our GDP. That will destroy this country. It is going to take what Trump is doing to save this economy. Because it cannot continue as it has especially with Cruz's TPP.

Nice talking points. When you can discuss reality, engage me again.  Until then, bother somebody else.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 11:48:55 pm »
Cruz's TPP.

Which Ted Cruz voted against and has never supported.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 11:48:59 pm »
Holster the Trump Derangement Syndrome. Yes he is looking at bringing manufacturing back to the US from oversees that is very different from the Globalists who own the GOP. Get it. By creating high paying manufacturing jobs. Thats very different from Ctruz's owners.

You do realize that in 10 - 15 years a lot of factories will be 95% - 99% run by robots. There will be less need to hire humans to do the work..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

geronl

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 11:49:58 pm »
Comrade Don endorses the Juche ideology!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:00 pm »
But but but........

WALL!!!!!!!

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:11 pm »
Government does not create jobs, it can get out of the way and allow jobs to be created though. Trump would never do that, he supported the "Stimulus" but he thought it was way too small.
No Government cannot create jobs. But it can create the free market conditions that create Jobs. Repealing much of the regulatory hardships, opening up competition. Using tariffs to stop other countries undercutting us, reducing taxes. etc.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:39 pm »
There is already a trade war going on..China, Mexico and India against the US. Our politicians are too dumb or crooked to realize it but the American worker does.

Try to sell your product in China..right off the bat tariffs are placed on it.

There is no trade war.  We've never had a higher standard of living and one of the reasons is the cheap goods we can import.  Lots of lower middle class and lower class Americans can buy more things now than they could if all this stuff was made here.

The American worker should be able to do more than stitch a hem or assemble a smart phone.  That they can't is the fault of our education system, not businesses which sell imported goods at low prices.

Did you now that 55 cents out of every dollar of imported goods stay in the United States, paid to truck drivers, warehouse workers and other import-oriented businesses?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:41 pm »

Our GDPis increasing at a glacial rate for only two reasons.

1. Over regulation with all it's attendant costs.

2. Our insane Marxist tax code.

EVERYTHING else derives from those two things.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 11:52:51 pm »
To be fair it will be moot in 10 - 15 years.. A lot of business will be replacing humans with automation. Quick frankly this is a waste of time.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

geronl

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 11:53:29 pm »
No Government cannot create jobs. But it can create the free market conditions that create Jobs. Repealing much of the regulatory hardships, opening up competition. Using tariffs to stop other countries undercutting us, reducing taxes. etc.

Trump has spent his life supporting the opposite.

A-Lert

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 11:56:19 pm »
You ever hear of Smoot-Hawley?

Yes. I've heard of NAFTA, GATT and the TPP, too. I also heqar we are $19 TRILLION in debt. How much longer can we sustain these "free trade" agreements?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 11:57:53 pm »

Good luck selling that idea to the legions of people who want to buy a lawnmower for 38 cents at the local Walmart.

The only way you can cut regulations enough to provide that is to eliminate them all. Every single one.....kinda like China.

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 11:59:12 pm »

You do realize that in 10 - 15 years a lot of factories will be 95% - 99% run by robots. There will be less need to hire humans to do the work..

People will be needed to design, manufacture and maintain the robots.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 11:59:50 pm »
To be fair it will be moot in 10 - 15 years.. A lot of business will be replacing humans with automation. Quick frankly this is a waste of time.

McD's said that if the minimum wage is artificially raised, they will fully automate. How many paying jobs will that create?

A-Lert

« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2016, 12:00:41 am »
Good luck selling that idea to the legions of people who want to buy a lawnmower for 38 cents at the local Walmart.

The only way you can cut regulations enough to provide that is to eliminate them all. Every single one.....kinda like China.

Where can I find a 38 cent lawnmower in Walmart, the toy section?

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 12:02:02 am »
McD's said that if the minimum wage is artificially raised, they will fully automate. How many paying jobs will that create?

0, with the exception of the people who maintain the machines..

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2016, 12:02:18 am »
We've never had a higher standard of living and one of the reasons is the cheap goods we can import.  .

Don't blow smoke up my butt. I work in finance.  Wages have been stagnant or declining for much of the population for at least 12-15 years. .  Notice all the reverse mortgage ads on TV towards retired folks?  Why  is that? We had a decent rise in the 2000's due to the housing bubble  and then it popped.  80-85% of people when they retire have less than $25k saved up.

Don't even get me started on dual income families which have skewed net worth from th eold figures in the 1970's and earlier

I could go on and on.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:04:44 am by mirraflake »

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2016, 12:02:34 am »
Where can I find a 38 cent lawnmower in Walmart, the toy section?

Sorry I don't want to pay $2,000 for a smart phone.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2016, 12:05:22 am »

Sorry I don't want to pay $2,000 for a smart phone.

BS figure.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2016, 12:10:47 am »

The depth of labor is expected to issue massive regulations in July regarding exempt vs. Non-exempt.   Quite complicated but the minimum wage for exempt is expected to double.  Going to just over $51,000 per year.   Less and the employee must be hourly.   So instead of hiring a sales person with a low base aND a high commission I'm hiring sales person with a low hourly rate and a small commission.  As hourly I can't have them travel because I have to pay all travel time.  That limits their income.

Labor law is stupid
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.