Author Topic: In reversal, Trump expresses openness to raising minimum wage  (Read 9022 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: In reversal, Trump expresses openness to raising minimum wage
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2016, 11:08:44 pm »
Reagan managed. Better have powers of persuasion if you can't be a dictator.

Yes the great dealmaker has been demonstrating his awesome, I mean really good, really really good skills of persuasion as he's attacked conservatives and sought to utterly silence anyone who disagrees with him.

Yep his skills are awesome
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2016, 11:10:26 pm »
I Want Trump to follow the Constitution. And as much as hes disliked by the Establishment you can be assured they will hold him to it.

Hasn't worked with Obama.   

geronl

« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2016, 11:16:28 pm »

The establishment is Trump's golfing buddy

A-Lert

« Reply #153 on: May 05, 2016, 11:20:08 pm »
Yes the great dealmaker has been demonstrating his awesome, I mean really good, really really good skills of persuasion as he's attacked conservatives and sought to utterly silence anyone who disagrees with him.

Yep his skills are awesome

It was a campaign. Trump isn't a politician, he's a businessman. You remove obvious obstacles first (your competition) as quickly and inexpensively as you can and then you start your advertising campaign.

geronl

« Reply #154 on: May 05, 2016, 11:28:33 pm »
It was a campaign. Trump isn't a politician, he's a businessman. You remove obvious obstacles first (your competition) as quickly and inexpensively as you can and then you start your advertising campaign.

A campaign of lies and sleaze

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #155 on: May 05, 2016, 11:38:05 pm »
Then you know you cannot find one time he said he was going to raise minimum wages and YOU KNEW he said raise wages with Jobs and that Min wage made us uncompetitive.  You hear what you want to hear.

Trump’s abrupt dismissal of his own tax plan, which he regularly cited on the campaign trail, came a day after he signaled a possible willingness to raise the federal minimum wage, which would be a major reversal from his stance in the primaries.

“I am open to doing something with it, because I don’t like that,” Trump told CNN on Wednesday after being asked if he thought the $7.25 minimum wage should be increased.

Trump added that “you have to have something that you can live on” and that his willingness to entertain a wage increase showed he was “very different from most Republicans.”

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-flip-flops-taxes-wages-he-turns-focus-general-election
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:48:52 pm by LonestarDream »
(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #156 on: May 05, 2016, 11:50:15 pm »
Quote from: A-Lert link=topic=204998.msg867228#msg867228 udate=1462490408

I'm a business man.    I dont do business with people who act like that.   My customers wouldn't do business with people like that.  My partners don't act like that.

Trump is polite to the Clinton's and you say it was business.  Yet he does "business" with Republican voters and he's a jackass to anyone who even mildly disagrees with him.

Your excuses don't hold water.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2016, 12:21:14 am »
Reagan managed. Better have powers of persuasion if you can't be a dictator.

I always wondered why Trump specifically said he could work with Pelosi, Reid, and Schumer.  But no mention of any of the Republicans in congress.  Hmmmm.....

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2016, 12:22:40 am »
Watch this whole video and try not to say WTF! and then just shake your head in shame.

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2016, 12:28:53 am »
Trump’s abrupt dismissal of his own tax plan, which he regularly cited on the campaign trail, came a day after he signaled a possible willingness to raise the federal minimum wage, which would be a major reversal from his stance in the primaries.

“I am open to doing something with it, because I don’t like that,” Trump told CNN on Wednesday after being asked if he thought the $7.25 minimum wage should be increased.

Trump added that “you have to have something that you can live on” and that his willingness to entertain a wage increase showed he was “very different from most Republicans.”

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-trump-flip-flops-taxes-wages-he-turns-focus-general-election

My point still stands. he did not say he was for raising the minimum wage. And citing MSNBC for a hit piece on the Republican nominee...
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2016, 01:52:56 am »
My point still stands. he did not say he was for raising the minimum wage. And citing MSNBC for a hit piece on the Republican nominee...

He basically did.  MSNBC is irrelevant.  Our readers can decide his clear statements.

A-Lert

« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2016, 03:04:42 am »
A campaign of lies and sleaze

Which candidate was pure and holy?

A-Lert

« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2016, 03:08:01 am »
I always wondered why Trump specifically said he could work with Pelosi, Reid, and Schumer.  But no mention of any of the Republicans in congress.  Hmmmm.....

It should be a breeze working with people in your own party, don't you think? (Except possibly for Ted Cruz) :laugh:

A-Lert

« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2016, 03:11:06 am »
He basically did.  MSNBC is irrelevant.  Our readers can decide his clear statements.

You're confused. Nowhere in his statements has he said he wants to raise the minimum wage.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2016, 03:45:56 am »
It is right there.  He clearly intends to raise the federal minimum wage or mislead people into thinking he will.  Was going for the more charitable explanation.

:pondering:

You're confused. Nowhere in his statements has he said he wants to raise the minimum wage.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2016, 03:51:26 am »
It is right there.  He clearly intends to raise the federal minimum wage or mislead people into thinking he will.  Was going for the more charitable explanation.

It's early...Trump will change his mind before he goes to bed.   :smokin:

A-Lert

« Reply #166 on: May 06, 2016, 04:11:09 am »

Being "open" to doing something and actually doing someting are entirely different.

And this  “you have to have something that you can live on” means what exactly.  Get a freaking education or learn a trade so you can have a job that pays enough to live on.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2016, 04:13:48 am »
Cruz's tax plan was a prop. His Owners would never let him do it and you know it. It was put out there to pacify the gullible. Bet you cannot name the 3 donors who were controlling his campaign at the end? BTW. I do have Degrees that include many formal hours of Economics, finance, etc. So please stop trying to blow smoke up my rear.

Owners? Who may they be?
That wouldn't be Goldman Sachs or Soros would it?
I am pretty sure you know who they are.
Why Donald trump just hired one of their own, A former Goldman Sachs partner no less, to be his finance director!
I wonder why Trump would make such a move?

A-Lert

« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2016, 04:21:40 am »
Owners? Who may they be?
That wouldn't be Goldman Sachs or Soros would it?
I am pretty sure you know who they are.
Why Donald trump just hired one of their own, A former Goldman Sachs partner no less, to be his finance director!
I wonder why Trump would make such a move?

Look at Mnuchin's bio and you'll see why.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2016, 04:25:15 am »
Look at Mnuchin's bio and you'll see why.

I've seen the FEC lsit of poeple Mnuchin has donated to in the past, and there are a lot of Democrats on that list.
More democrats then there are Republicans on that list.

A-Lert

« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2016, 04:37:37 am »
I've seen the FEC lsit of poeple Mnuchin has donated to in the past, and there are a lot of Democrats on that list.
More democrats then there are Republicans on that list.

In 2012, Mnuchin donated to Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign, according to Federal Election Commission records.

“Steven is a professional at the highest level with an extensive and very successful financial background,” Trump said in a statement. “He brings unprecedented experience and expertise to a fundraising operation that will benefit the Republican Party and ultimately defeat Hillary Clinton.”

Mnuchin’s Dune Capital provided financing for box office successes like the “X-Men” franchise and “Avatar,” which is the all-time box office champion, along with “The Devil Wears Prada” and “Borat.” Ratpac-Dune, which started in 2013, has been a key financing partner for Warner Bros., with titles including “The Lego Movie,” “American Sniper” and “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.”

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2016, 07:23:30 am »

Exactly.  If they weren't willing to make Obama adhere to the Constitution...what makes anyone think the GOPe will make Trump do it?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!