Author Topic: Carson to play key role in Trump VP search: report  (Read 652 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carson to play key role in Trump VP search: report
« on: May 04, 2016, 07:42:18 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278690-carson-to-play-key-role-in-trump-vp-search-report

May 04, 2016, 12:39 pm
Carson to play key role in Trump VP search: report

By Jessie Hellmann

Ben Carson will serve on a selection committee to find Donald Trump’s running mate, Trump told the New York Times on Wednesday.

The presumptive GOP presidential nominee said he plans to announce his vice presidential pick in July before the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.

Trump will soon announce a committee to handle the selection process, he said.

“I think on the committee I’ll have Dr. Ben Carson and some other folks,” Trump said.

Carson, who ended his own presidential bid in March, is one of Trump’s most outspoken campaign surrogates, frequently appearing on news shows to defend the candidate.

While Trump hasn’t publicly discussed possible running mates, he told The New York Times in an article published Saturday that Ohio Gov. John Kasich, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Florida Gov. Rick Scott were possible contenders.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Re: Carson to play key role in Trump VP search: report
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 07:55:02 pm »

“I think on the committee I’ll have Dr. Ben Carson and some other folks,” Trump said.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 07:55:42 pm »
Putting this foreign policy genius on a VP selection committee ought to make the Trumpkins feel warm and fuzzy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 08:25:59 pm »
Now Dr. Ben Carson is being denigrated. :facepalm2:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 08:28:50 pm »

He denigrates himself every time he sucks up to the man who likened him to a pedophile
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2016, 08:29:50 pm »
The reason he is using Carson is because no one respectable wants to be a party to Donny's campaign. Report after report of decent people who want nothing to do with the VP slot. Usually people are standing in line to get involved with a General campaign. Must say something about something.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 08:30:24 pm by Frank Cannon »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2016, 08:31:40 pm »
Remember, Dick Cheney was George W. Bush's headman in the VP search at first as well. If he's in that position, don't be surprised if he gets the nod.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 08:57:40 pm »
"Argument addicts" have changed this place into an "insultathon" in just a few days.

All negative, all destruction, all the time. No wonder many got kicked off another site.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 09:01:17 pm »
"Argument addicts" have changed this place into an "insultathon" in just a few days.

All negative, all destruction, all the time. No wonder many got kicked off another site.

Since it followed the Trumpsters, maybe you need to check the bottom of your shoes.

Just sayin'.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2016, 09:06:43 pm »

Your just sad that we are not going to suck up all the lying and insults your candidate hurled at us over the last half year and rally around him now. There is a point of no return. Trump easily reached that when he smeared Cruz's dad for being involved in the JFK assassination even though he had a lead in IN. Expect many of us to continue insulting your candidate until he either disappears or assumes room temperature, whichever comes first.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2016, 09:07:27 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Since it followed the Trumpsters, maybe you need to check the bottom of your shoes.

Just sayin'.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2016, 09:10:39 pm »

Sniping, cliques and gangbanging just like FR. Sad, isn't it?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 10:51:19 pm »

Worth repeating.   :beer:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2016, 10:52:12 pm »
Your just sad that we are not going to suck up all the lying and insults your candidate hurled at us over the last half year and rally around him now.

Nah, that's not it.  Nice try, though.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 10:56:10 pm »
Sniping, cliques and gangbanging just like FR. Sad, isn't it?

I bet you said that with a straight face too!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 02:44:55 am »
publana wrote (regarding Dr. Carson):
"He will make a great Surgeon General."

That would be wasting him.

How about head of Health and Human Services?

He could be more effective there.
By dismantling much of it!

Offline Fantom

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 02:52:03 am »
The reason he is using Carson is because no one respectable wants to be a party to Donny's campaign. Report after report of decent people who want nothing to do with the VP slot. Usually people are standing in line to get involved with a General campaign. Must say something about something.

Yep, and why pray tell would I seek a brain surgeon to advice me on a political decision? .... Anymore than I would want a politician to advise what surgeon I use for brain surgery.

And THIS is what Scam Wow says he will do ..."Great again"..."Best people".....LOL..what a trump.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 06:52:11 am »
I don't support and I will never vote for Trump, however I think his VP pick is extreamly important as I think its very likely he/she will fill out his term in the unlucky event Trump is elected.

Serving as president will put a severe crimp on his lifestyle, for most life in the Whitehouse is imprisonment in a gilded cage, for Trump it is likely to feel like imprisonment in a flop house in a third world country. Trump is used to telling people where he wants to go and when, the SS will tell him when or if he can go.
Trump is a hands on guy in his day to day businesses, he will have to give that control up and put everything in a blind trust.

If the make up of the next congress opposes him at every turn and makes it their number one priority to prevent his reelection, and conservative talk radio turns against him due to his inability to make good on any of his promises, then I think he will take his ball and go back to his very nice home.

IMHO who he picks as his VP has tremendous significance.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 12:46:12 pm »
Your just sad that we are not going to suck up all the lying and insults your candidate hurled at us over the last half year and rally around him now. There is a point of no return. Trump easily reached that when he smeared Cruz's dad for being involved in the JFK assassination even though he had a lead in IN. Expect many of us to continue insulting your candidate until he either disappears or assumes room temperature, whichever comes first.

I prefer Room Temperature
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 01:00:47 pm »

Exactly.  So far, Susana Martinez, Rick Scott, and Nikki Haley have all told Trump, thanks, but no thanks.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 01:05:47 pm »
Yep, and why pray tell would I seek a brain surgeon to advice me on a political decision? .... Anymore than I would want a politician to advise what surgeon I use for brain surgery.

And THIS is what Scam Wow says he will do ..."Great again"..."Best people".....LOL..what a trump.

:beer:  It still baffles me as to how people don't see 'Carnack the Magnificent' for what he is.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuFSWcNe8hY
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.