Author Topic: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race  (Read 68477 times)

Offline LonestarDream

Re: Ted Cruz drops out of presidential race
« Reply #625 on: May 06, 2016, 08:48:01 pm »
It's not that difficult for anyone to believe that as human beings, we have rights that supersede any constitution or government created by man.  It can delve into metaphysical debate, but one that concludes that we have human rights simply by virtue of being human.

It is not that abstract , we either have an objective standard or rely on a 'Nash Equilibrium'  like OPEC does in setting its price floor.  Of course, 'the floor' is always undercut as producers 'cheat' and undersell each other, even though all participants will claim 'to follow the program'.

More simply, we would be 'Relying on the kindness of strangers'.

There is no pre- ordained system of government or set of laws on how people should treat each other.

(?) Trump Realist    (*) Trump believer   (?) Never Trump,   Which are you ?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #626 on: May 06, 2016, 08:49:53 pm »
The absence of Hillary R. Clinton from the WH.

To me, it's one hell of a prize.

LOL! Why would the male version of Hillary be a damned bit better?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #627 on: May 06, 2016, 08:51:53 pm »

Quote from: Mesaclone on Today at 04:17:48 PM

Incredibly well stated, Mac. You are a true role model for the rest of us in both your reasoning and civility. My gratitude is yours, sir!

Thank you.  ^-^

See?   This is another "I told you so, moment!"

I think you're "two peas in a can"    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #628 on: May 06, 2016, 08:52:31 pm »
You'd think.

I'm hoping that once Trump leaks out possible favorites for Cabinet and Foreign Policy wonks on his team, that more support will be forthcoming.

But remember again, it's SMALL business the runs this country.  And they've been smothered.  It's THEM that are standing in line for hours to see and listen to Donald Trump.

I just hope Trump gives real Conservatives a place next to him at the table.

You mean like this guy?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/05/trump-names-former-goldman-partner-soros-money-manager-as-finance-chairman/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #629 on: May 06, 2016, 08:55:04 pm »
The absence of Hillary R. Clinton from the WH.

To me, it's one hell of a prize.

Yeah, that would have been a nice prize.  That's why I so strongly supported Kasich - I was willing to sacrifice some conservative "purity" to see Hillary turned away from the White House.  But I would have fought for Cruz if he'd prevailed, too.   

But none of that's possible now.  Thanks a lot. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #630 on: May 06, 2016, 08:56:38 pm »

But remember again, it's SMALL business the runs this country.  And they've been smothered.  It's THEM that are standing in line for hours to see and listen to Donald Trump.

No we're not. We don't have time to stand around listening to babble. Don't know one other business person into Trump around here at all. The people going to Trump rallies are old white guys who lost their union factory job 20+ years ago and think now all of a sudden Trump is bringing them back.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #631 on: May 06, 2016, 08:57:38 pm »
It is not that abstract , we either have an objective standard or rely on a 'Nash Equilibrium'  like OPEC does in setting its price floor.  Of course, 'the floor' is always undercut as producers 'cheat' and undersell each other, even though all participants will claim 'to follow the program'.

More simply, we would be 'Relying on the kindness of strangers'.

There is no pre- ordained system of government or set of laws on how people should treat each other.

We here in this Country rely on our Constitution not to set a standard, but to protect those rights.  Human rights exist, whether from God as religious person, or from natural law for those without faith.  That they've not always been protected or even recognized doesn't change their existence.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #632 on: May 06, 2016, 08:58:06 pm »
I'm one of those business owners [though I was for Cruz in the beginning] and I believe he will have Conservatives in the mix because he knows that would help unite our side.

I look at it this way.

Anything would be better than a Hillary presidency and a Hillary-stacked Supreme Court.

Although Trump can go down in history as one of the greatest of all time....the worst thing I expect from Donald Trump is an Eisenhower-type Republican administration with a Kennedyesque  visage.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #633 on: May 06, 2016, 08:59:06 pm »

See?   This is another "I told you so, moment!"

I think you're "two peas in a can"    :beer:

Was hoping you didn't see that.  I'll never hear the end of it!   :beer:
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #634 on: May 06, 2016, 09:02:38 pm »
Natural law comes from a 'Creator'.  But you are right to point out that for 98% plus of human existence, these rights were not practiced.  Hence American Exceptionalism. 

That they might have existed in the abstract is little comfort for lives crushed under brutality .

We here in this Country rely on our Constitution not to set a standard, but to protect those rights.  Human rights exist, whether from God as religious person, or from natural law for those without faith.  That they've not always been protected or even recognized doesn't change their existence.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:15:25 pm by LonestarDream »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #635 on: May 06, 2016, 09:03:34 pm »
Was hoping you didn't see that.  I'll never hear the end of it!   :beer:

:laugh:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #636 on: May 06, 2016, 09:04:32 pm »
I look at it this way.

Anything would be better than a Hillary presidency and a Hillary-stacked Supreme Court.

Although Trump can go down in history as one of the greatest of all time....the worst thing I expect from Donald Trump is an Eisenhower-type Republican administration with a Kennedyesque  visage.

Trump is sui generis.

There is nothing Ike-like or Kennedyesque about him.   

An apt comparison is  Jesse Ventura.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #637 on: May 06, 2016, 09:10:08 pm »
Trump is sui generis.

Buddy, that Trump family picture taken recently made the Kennedy's "Camelot" photo look the Adams Family.

I was a kid during the Eisenhower years...but historically, it was a brown-wrapper.  He was merely a steward who stayed out of the kitchen.

So many things need to be addressed, it's hard to imagine he won't be the public face of any failure...and we all know he doesn't accept failure.

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #638 on: May 06, 2016, 09:13:34 pm »
Trump is sui generis.

Too bad we never saw the actual complete list of proposed judges ( other than one ok and one mediocre judge)  prior to Ted getting out.  That would have helped me out at least.

Currently, am in the 'Trump Realist' camp, but finding the 'Never Trump' camp has very compelling arguments here.  Do not ever see myself being in 'Trump believer' camp.

Being in the 'Trump Realist' camp means one never has to say they are sorry.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #639 on: May 06, 2016, 09:14:12 pm »
Donald Trump, Party-Unity Edition:

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #640 on: May 06, 2016, 09:18:56 pm »

That is a joke or a lampoon , right?

The statement itself disunites the party.

Sir, I challenge the chain of possession of this statement.  :thud:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #641 on: May 06, 2016, 09:20:13 pm »
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  18m18 minutes ago
Response to @LindseyGrahamSC:

http://bit.ly/1QUjCfyGrahamResponse

Offline LonestarDream

« Reply #642 on: May 06, 2016, 09:29:23 pm »
Curses!!!

You back up your arguments with multiple sourcing.!!   8888crybaby

NOT the way to unify the party.  Trumps leaves no tree un-peed upon .

- LD

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  18m18 minutes ago
Response to @LindseyGrahamSC:

http://bit.ly/1QUjCfyGrahamResponse

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #643 on: May 06, 2016, 09:37:45 pm »
Curses!!!

You back up your arguments with multiple sourcing.!!   8888crybaby

NOT the way to unify the party.  Trumps leaves no tree un-peed upon .

- LD

He also just attacked Joe Scarborough, who was probably his most media friendly pundit.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/728646402985869312

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #644 on: May 06, 2016, 09:41:40 pm »
Where is Trump's record of governing?

It's all over his business dealings.  Come on, you know that, Wolfcreek. 

A-Lert

« Reply #645 on: May 06, 2016, 09:57:55 pm »
Thank you.  ^-^

I'll second Mesaclone's statement. Hat is off to you!  :beer:

Offline Mechanicos

« Reply #646 on: May 06, 2016, 10:07:25 pm »

You did get you are defending one of the most liberal anti-conservative anti-Tea-Party GOP people there is right? Linda Graham. It is no friend of either conservatives or Americans. If anything, Trumps just brought more conservatives on the Trump Train with that. 

So yeah its a unifier for people who understand why conservatives cannot stand that democrat in all but label.
Trump is for America First.
"Crooked Hillary Clinton is the Secretary of the Status Quo – and wherever Hillary Clinton goes, corruption and scandal follow." D. Trump 7/11/16

Did you know that the word ‘gullible’ is not in the dictionary?

Isaiah 54:17

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #647 on: May 06, 2016, 10:18:59 pm »
You did get you are defending one of the most liberal anti-conservative anti-Tea-Party GOP people there is right? Linda Graham. It is no friend of either conservatives or Americans. If anything, Trumps just brought more conservatives on the Trump Train with that. 

So yeah its a unifier for people who understand why conservatives cannot stand that democrat in all but label.

Lindsey Graham is history.  If he were a lion, he'd be banished and hyenas would eat him alive.

But alas, he's merely a GOPe Queen.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #648 on: May 06, 2016, 10:41:40 pm »

It's a unifier for you Trumploos.  The other 60%of the party who didn't vote for him thinks this kind of stuff is offputting and insulting.

He's brought no one on board with his insults. Except dolts and dopes and angry old white people.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #649 on: May 06, 2016, 10:43:26 pm »
Lindsey Graham is history.  If he were a lion, he'd be banished and hyenas would eat him alive.

But alas, he's merely a GOPe Queen.

I don't defend Lindsey Graham, but this kind of childishness makes Trump look like a sore winner.  He can't rise above anything.

I'm more embarassed by this MOFO everyday.