Author Topic: Cruz to protester: In my house, you'd get a spanking  (Read 251 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cruz to protester: In my house, you'd get a spanking
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:52:59 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/278349-cruz-to-protester-in-my-house-youd-be-spanked

May 02, 2016, 08:49 am
Cruz to protester: In my house, you'd get a spanking

By Rebecca Savransky

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz drew huge applause at an event in Indiana on Sunday when he said a child who behaved the way a protestor did in interrupting his speech would get a spanking.

"You know one of the things that hopefully someone has told you, is that children should actually speak with respect," Cruz said after the protestor yelled out "you suck" during the Texas senator's rally in La Porte, Ind. The crowd immediately erupted into applause.

"Imagine what a different world it would be if someone told Donald Trump that years ago,” Cruz continued.

"You know, in my household, when a child behaves that way, they get a spanking," Cruz then said, drawing louder cheers of approval from his audience.

Cruz is seeking a victory in Indiana's primary on Tuesday over Trump, who is on a winning streak in the GOP presidential contest. Without a victory in Indiana, it could be difficult for Cruz to continue his presidential campaign.

Both Trump and Cruz have spoken out against political correctness in their careers, and it appeared the audience in Indiana relished seeing a presidential candidate say he used spankings to discipline his children.

Views on spanking and other forms of corporal punishment have changed over time, with some studies now suggesting it is not a practice often successful in disciplining children. Others argue that the move away from spanking is itself a form of political correctness.

Cruz has previously discussed his support for spanking.

“In my house, if my daughter Catherine, the 5-year-old, says something she knows to be false, she gets a spanking,” Cruz said earlier this year in Iowa, according to the Huffington Post.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34