Author Topic: For Trump, why Goldwater history will repeat itself in the fall  (Read 1987 times)

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: For Trump, why Goldwater history will repeat itself in the fall
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 03:54:57 pm »
Carly going from being veep running mate to endorsing abortion proponent Sanger award winner Hillary Clinton? No way. In fact, even away from that issue, I think Carly has gotten in some decent jabs at Clinton and often says that is what we need to save the country from.

I realize it is a wild prediction, but I think it might happen.  Carly does not hold public office, she is not beholden to the party and has no reason to put on her knee pads for Trump.  I think she will relish the opportunity to thump him in the eye after the sexist comment he made about her.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 04:21:32 pm »
If Trump gets the nomination, he will transform the GOP into an ethnic nationalist party.  In essence, a party that wants a big nanny-state government with great 'freebies'... for whites-only.  The rest of America can pay for it.

I have listened to Donald Trump--really listened-- for months and months.  I have not heard him mention "ethic nationality" at all.  In fact, he is very inclusive--all Americans regardless of gender, race, income bracket, education are welcome to help make America Great Again. 

As for "freebies", the only things I hear Trump promising people are jobs, secure US borders, military strength, smart trade, repeal of Obamacare, the end to CommonCore and a return of education to the states, and care and respect for our Veterans .

So, when you speak of this "ethnic nationalist party" with "freebies for whites only" would you mind terribly explaining just what the hell it is you're talking about?

A-Lert

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 04:35:03 pm »
I have listened to Donald Trump--really listened-- for months and months.  I have not heard him mention "ethic nationality" at all.  In fact, he is very inclusive--all Americans regardless of gender, race, income bracket, education are welcome to help make America Great Again. 

As for "freebies", the only things I hear Trump promising people are jobs, secure US borders, military strength, smart trade, repeal of Obamacare, the end to CommonCore and a return of education to the states, and care and respect for our Veterans .

So, when you speak of this "ethnic nationalist party" with "freebies for whites only" would you mind terribly explaining just what the hell it is you're talking about?

I believe Honest John called  a moderator a vulgar name and requested to be dropped from the  Briefing Room  rolls.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2016, 04:43:13 pm »

Whether by coincidence or design, a good portion of Trump's supporters are white identitarian cockroaches - and Trump has done nothing to discourage such support.  Spend more time perusing the dark corners of the internet and you'll see this support clearly enough.    As for Trump transforming the GOP into an ethnic nationalist party,  that may occur as much by moderates and conservatives bolting the GOP in disgust, leaving what's left to be on full display.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2016, 04:52:44 pm »
Whether by coincidence or design, a good portion of Trump's supporters are white identitarian cockroaches - and Trump has done nothing to discourage such support.  Spend more time perusing the dark corners of the internet and you'll see this support clearly enough.    As for Trump transforming the GOP into an ethnic nationalist party,  that may occur as much by moderates and conservatives bolting the GOP in disgust, leaving what's left to be on full display.

You make BS allegations, but no supporting documentation.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2016, 08:32:05 pm »
I attended the rally last Thursday in Costa Mesa. I have lived in the area for most of my life. I live among the demographics, and the attendance at the rally was a reflection of who lives here.

One surprising thing upon arriving, was how young the crowd was. Another thing easily seen, was the variety of ethnic groups in attendance.

There were far, far most Hispanics inside the rally, than the small group of violent young Marxists outside with Mexican flags.

OC demographics:

White     62.0
Black       1.7
Asian     17.8
Hispanic 33.0*

*all races

I fully expect you will claim I know nothing, etc. I was there, I saw what I saw, who was there. Learned after that one sister-in-law was there too. Of her 3 adult children, 2 are married to Hispanics. The entire extended family (Vietnam Era vet, evangelicals, etc) support Trump.

Most Hispanics in California are native born citizens. They are just as pissed about illegal immigration and crime, than anybody.

What is the Hispanic percent in YOUR area, to qualify you to opine?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_County,_California#Demographics
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2016, 08:36:03 pm »
Trump is sitting at 82% unfavorable with Hispanics.  Seeing a few California Mexicans at a rally is indicative of nothing.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2016, 09:38:58 pm »
Trump is sitting at 82% unfavorable with Hispanics.  Seeing a few California Mexicans at a rally is indicative of nothing.

And I would bet that those numbers are pretty baked in solid.

A-Lert

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 10:37:33 pm »

Have you got a late April, early May poll supporting that number?