Author Topic: Gingrich to GOP: Trump's Winning, 'Get Over It'  (Read 314 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gingrich to GOP: Trump's Winning, 'Get Over It'
« on: April 27, 2016, 02:32:31 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=725946

Newsmax
Gingrich to GOP: Trump's Winning, 'Get Over It'
Tuesday, April 26, 2016 11:09 PM

By: Greg Richter

Donald Trump has the momentum to carry him to the Republican presidential nomination, and talk of a contested convention is just a waste of time, says former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

After big wins in five states Tuesday night, Trump is expected to win in California and New Jersey, placing him above the 1,237 delegates needed to win on a first convention vote, Gingrich said on Fox News Channel's "Hannity."

"Now, what's the contest?" Gingrich asked. "He won. And the challenge then for the Republican establishment is to get over it."

Gingrich said he can't figure out what the Washington establishment and the news media expects to change in coming primaries.

"Why do you think California, where Trump is ahead by at least 18 points, what is it that's going to suddenly go sour for Trump?" he said. "What is it that's going to go sour for him in Indiana?"

Trump is "almost certainly going to have an absolute majority of the delegates before you get to the convention in Cleveland," Gingrich said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Resp3

Re: Gingrich to GOP: Trump's Winning, 'Get Over It'
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2016, 02:38:14 pm »
"Now, what's the contest?" Gingrich asked. "He won. And the challenge then for the Republican establishment is to get over it."

It ain't over till the fat lady sings. And she ain't singing until June.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 02:50:14 pm »
If Trump wins the nomination in June,  I'll get over it by leaving the GOP.   It will no longer reflect my values.  The immediate task will be to defeat Trump in the fall,  and then to find a new vehicle to promote conservatism and constitutionalism.   

But as Resp3 says, it's not over 'til its over.   It is only the delegates to the convention that can decide whether or not to commit political suicide.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 03:04:13 pm »
I agree with Gingrich; I have never voted for Trump in a primary or online polls but could in the general election unlike some it sounds like.

I see Beck is taking out a page out of Michael Medved's book and citing poll in and poll out saying Trump can't win. 

I think Medved has currently gotten off that kick because he has largely done it for months on end it seems, all the time.