Author Topic: TRUMP SOARS IN NEW POLLS: +26 PA...+34 CT...+38 RI...  (Read 10891 times)

Offline AnybodyButaDem

Re: TRUMP SOARS IN NEW POLLS: +26 PA...+34 CT...+38 RI...
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2016, 09:19:46 pm »
I personally couldn't care less what you assume!

I DO care about this once great republic and ain't about to let Hillary OR Trump finish it off if I can help it!

So you still won't acknowledge the mistake you made.  I'll be generous and call it a mistake, because you seem to be civil and of a more congenial temperament than most of your anti-Trump brethren. 
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2016, 09:20:44 pm »
You really should study up on the Founders more, Mesaclone. You don't know what you're talking about when you say they wanted to separate morality and character from American culture.

As for 'religious freedom'...... it's under assault by the left.  The freedom to practice one's religion....... even to speak about morality in churches........... is being taken away.  Now I can see that you, individually don't care because it seems like you'd like us to be silenced, but that's neither here nor there.

And the silliness about Trump's only attacking one women and somehow my noting his misogyny is "liberal," well.. that's a desperate reach and as illogical as anything you've said so far.  He has a history of sexism.  He has a history of debasing women.  He has a history of abusing women for his own gratification.

Presenting him as some sort of political Don Rickles is just dumb....... and shows a total disregard for women in general, not just those whom he has specifically and crudely attacked.

At any rate, 75% of American women don't want a misogynist as President, and I'm one of them.

And whether you like it or not, I'm going with the Founders and the importance of recognizing God's gift of freedom, life, and opportunity.   The farther away we get from integrity and morality, the farther away we get from what this county was founded on.

You can say whatever you like against Christians and morality.  It shows a fundamental ignorance that can't be corrected on an internet forum.

So, carry on, if you wish.  I'm done with this 'conversation.'

Why do you do this...just make up a view and then pretend it came from myself or another board member?

I have never said or thought that the Founders wanted to separate morality and character from governance OR from American culture. I dare you to cite when and where I said, or even implied such a thing.

What I said was that they wanted to separate was institutions of religion from the government. A VERY, VERY different thing altogether.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2016, 09:24:50 pm »
Actually, you said those things about yourself, Mesa.......  It didn't require any interpretation, whatsoever. 

You are officially the poster child for tedious.   

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2016, 09:28:35 pm »
You are officially the poster child for tedious.

Nope! That would be YOU!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2016, 09:31:40 pm »
Why do you do this...just make up a view and then pretend it came from myself or another board member?

I have never said or thought that the Founders wanted to separate morality and character from governance OR from American culture. I dare you to cite when and where I said, or even implied such a thing.

What I said was that they wanted to separate was institutions of religion from the government. A VERY, VERY different thing altogether.

Well, if you didn't mean what you implied, then we're in agreement.

So why are you bashing me if I don't want to do (with religion) what you don't want religion to do?

If you think, however, that the Founders didn't have a fundamental understanding of what morality meant, and that it was based on Judeo-Christian standards, then we disagree.

If we agree, then most of your animosity toward me is misplaced.

So just let it go, Mesaclone, and you will be free of your burden.   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #105 on: April 26, 2016, 09:32:44 pm »
Nope! That would be YOU!

And I blissfully have her on ignore so I don't have to read her tedious snark.  :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #106 on: April 26, 2016, 09:36:12 pm »
Driving away large majorities in every growing voter demographic is not 'attracting new votes'.  This argument is simply bunk.

Try to follow this...sorry I don't have any crayons.

The fanatics among the SOCONS are solely responsible for the 2012 loss.

5 MILLION supposedly stayed home. I say that number because we have to allow for the cheating by the DEMS.

Trump is the ONLY one who can bring enough voters into the Republican Party so that you geeks' sitting out won't mean squat.

Get it?  Got it?  Good!    (Kudos to Grainger)
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #107 on: April 26, 2016, 09:37:09 pm »
And I blissfully have her on ignore so I don't have to read her tedious snark.  :beer:

Ditto to both of you .... but sometimes your entertainment is a hoot!   :tongue2:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #108 on: April 26, 2016, 09:40:26 pm »

5 MILLION supposedly stayed home. I say that number because we have to allow for the cheating by the DEMS.

Trump is the ONLY one who can bring enough voters into the Republican Party so that you geeks' sitting out won't mean squat.

Trump = Hillary!

There is not one dimes worth of difference between them!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2016, 09:40:56 pm »

Crayons.................. :mauslaff:

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #110 on: April 26, 2016, 09:43:40 pm »
Well, if you didn't mean what you implied, then we're in agreement.

So why are you bashing me if I don't want to do (with religion) what you don't want religion to do?

If you think, however, that the Founders didn't have a fundamental understanding of what morality meant, and that it was based on Judeo-Christian standards, then we disagree.

If we agree, then most of your animosity toward me is misplaced.

So just let it go, Mesaclone, and you will be free of your burden.   :patriot:

The problem is that I didn't imply any such thing. I'm bashing you because you made that statement up whole cloth, and then attributed it to me. No thanks, I only accept responsibility for my ACTUAL positions...not views you make up for me from your imagination.

I'm not bashing you for being religious, hell, I respect that tremendously when its sincere. Finally, I have no animosity for you at all...just frustration that you won't argue the actual positions I've stated, and feel a need to create straw men to address instead.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #111 on: April 26, 2016, 09:47:44 pm »
Okay....I'm calling bullsh*t!

Here we are on the eve where Ted Cruz is mathematically eliminated, and this site is crawling....and could crash at any moment.

What the hell?

Oh well....here's my THEME SONG for the Trump Haters tonight!  Turn up your speakers!    :beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okLj1nfGG0s
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #112 on: April 26, 2016, 09:48:24 pm »

What differece does it make how many Democrats he brings into the Republican Party, if the numbers do not back up a win against Hillary?   Going way way out on a limb and he somehow wins 55% of the white women vote, (not even remotly possible the way he insults them), he would need to get somewhere just over 80% of the white male vote to beat Hillary.  Romney got 62%.     Trump's unpopularity levels will come back to haunt him.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #113 on: April 26, 2016, 09:50:06 pm »
Trump = Hillary!

Even you don't believe this, deep down. I get that you need to convince yourself, so you can feel better when you "take your ball and go home", but I KNOW you must be smarter than that. A blind monkey could see the stark differences...unless he was CHOOSING not to.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #114 on: April 26, 2016, 09:50:17 pm »
The problem is that I didn't imply any such thing. I'm bashing you because you made that statement up whole cloth, and then attributed it to me. No thanks, I only accept responsibility for my ACTUAL positions...not views you make up for me from your imagination.

I'm not bashing you for being religious, hell, I respect that tremendously when its sincere. Finally, I have no animosity for you at all...just frustration that you won't argue the actual positions I've stated, and feel a need to create straw men to address instead.

Perhaps because you started out by bashing people of religion with ugly ferocity.  If you want to have a civil conversation with an Evangelical, it might be best not to paint us all as the devil before it starts......

Your "ACTUAL" positions are pretty nasty toward people who believe as I do.  That's fine.  You're free to be as nasty as you want.

For the time being, we DO still have freedom of speech.

With Trump as President, I have no more confidence in continuing that than I do with Obama........

HonestJohn

« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2016, 09:51:02 pm »

And those 5 million will stay home in 2016... plus many more (or vote third party/Hillary).  Furthermore, the independents that did vote for Romney aren't going to this year.  Additionally, the Democratic base will be far more motivated to come out against Trump.  Plus, many independents will be just as motivated against him (there is a reason why the most commonly associated word with Trump is... "scary").

Not to mention that even more of the GOP base will not be voting... as they have died in the last four years.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 09:52:15 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2016, 09:54:07 pm »
Perhaps because you started out by bashing people of religion with ugly ferocity.  If you want to have a civil conversation with an Evangelical, it might be best not to paint us all as the devil before it starts......

Your "ACTUAL" positions are pretty nasty toward people who believe as I do.  That's fine.  You're free to be as nasty as you want.

For the time being, we DO still have freedom of speech.

With Trump as President, I have no more confidence in continuing that than I do with Obama........

You mean...the way you "bash" Trump voters?

And for god's sakes...yes I said it...put the victim card away and make an actual argument for your view. And please, criticize my views all you'd like...I find it enlightening and educational. Just don't make up views for others and then tear them down, that's just wrong.

Offline flowers

« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2016, 09:55:27 pm »
Mesaclone wrote:
"Cruz will steal some, though he has very little support among actual voters...a fact you should be embarrassed by, rather than touting. But, if you're candidate is unethical I guess it follows that his supporters would be no different."

Good post, sir.

And once again, it gives me the opportunity to post this image:

Sorry late to thread.....that is a wonderful image, nothing hideous about it. Only the truth. Yet the people who support Cruz from Canada and his wife Heidi who worked at Goldman Sachs cannot take the truth or post actual links supporting what they tell us about him. Only can gang up on us.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2016, 09:57:12 pm »
Trump = Hillary!

Even you don't believe this, deep down. I get that you need to convince yourself, so you can feel better when you "take your ball and go home", but I KNOW you must be smarter than that. A blind monkey could see the stark differences...unless he was CHOOSING not to.

Not a matter of belief with me! I KNOW it to be true!

Who said anything about me "taking my ball and going home"?  I'm going to keep right on doing what I've always done! Trying my best to DEFEAT the forces of evil wherever they appear!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #119 on: April 26, 2016, 09:57:54 pm »
And those 5 million will stay home in 2016... plus many more (or vote third party/Hillary).  Furthermore, the independents that did vote for Romney aren't going to this year. Additionally, the Democratic base will be far more motivated to come out against Trump.  Plus, many independents will be just as motivated against him (there is a reason why the most commonly associated word with Trump is... "scary").

Not to mention that even more of the GOP base will not be voting... as they have died in the last four years.

I think you're wrong, HJ.

Indys will NOT vote for Hillary or Bernie.  Not gonna happen.

But they WILL vote for Trump.

That, together with college-aged kids sitting it out....ought to do it!

Offline flowers

« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2016, 10:02:49 pm »
Terrific.

My bomb dog and I work every day keeping people safe...we love the work we do.
Thank you for your service!  :patriot:  here too...... :laugh:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2016, 10:04:01 pm »
You mean...the way you "bash" Trump voters?

And for god's sakes...yes I said it...put the victim card away and make an actual argument for your view. And please, criticize my views all you'd like...I find it enlightening and educational. Just don't make up views for others and then tear them down, that's just wrong.

I bash Trump.

Get over it.

If you can't deal with my saying that TRUMP is a Pro-abortion, debauched, pro-big government, anti-Constitutional, vulgar, misogynist, infantile, tyrannical, narcissistic and dishonest, then put me on IGNORE. 

If you can't handle my opinions, then don't read them.

As for the "victim card".....ROFL!  That's all you ever do!

Bye, Mesaclone.  Put me on IGNORE........ so you won't have to feel sorry for yourself any more.

I'll just scroll past your anti-religious, anti-conservative posts and pretend you're not here.  :seeya:

A-Lert

« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2016, 10:04:27 pm »
There it is.  The musiclady strawman!  First sentence this time.  Well played!!

Musiclady's play at martyrdom is getting old.

Offline flowers

« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2016, 10:06:06 pm »

Many more will stay home if Hil is the nominee.

HonestJohn

« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2016, 10:12:52 pm »

The polling has been consistantly against Trump for months.  I highly doubt it'll change, considering the consistency over time.  That's why I think your assumptions that independents will break for Trump to be in error.

Also, college students tend to 'sit it out' anyway.  So the only change factor would be if they actually did come out to vote.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:14:05 pm by HonestJohn »