Author Topic: Trump: I’m not going start 'toning it down'  (Read 742 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump: I’m not going start 'toning it down'
« on: April 23, 2016, 10:47:07 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/277400-trump-im-not-going-start-toning-it-down

April 23, 2016, 04:17 pm
Trump: I’m not going start 'toning it down'

By Caitlin Yilek

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump told his supporters he doesn’t plan to start “toning it down” as the race for the White House nears the GOP convention.

“You know, being presidential’s easy — much easier than what I have to do,” Trump said at a campaign rally Saturday in Bridgeport, Conn. “Here, I have to rant and rave. I have to keep people going. Otherwise you’re going to fall asleep on me, right?”

That message contradicts the one Trump’s chief strategist Paul Manafort told top Republican officials on Thursday.

“The part that he’s been playing is now evolving into the part that you’ve been expecting,” Manafort told Republican National Committee (RNC) members at the party’s spring meeting in Hollywood, Fla.

Trump appears to be pushing back.

“If I acted presidential, I can guarantee you this morning I wouldn’t be here,” Trump said earlier Saturday in Waterbury, Conn.

“I sort of don’t like toning it down,” Trump added. “Isn’t it nice that I’m not one of these teleprompter guys?”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump: I’m not going start 'toning it down'
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 10:51:09 pm »
He's going to do what he wants.  He CAN'T "tone it down."

He knows no other way to behave than hurling insults, derogatory names, encouraging violence, ridiculing his opponents, and spouting ignorance when it comes to policies.

Good.  That means he'll go down in flames in November.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 10:58:00 pm »
Good one, RAT!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 11:00:14 pm »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 11:18:24 pm »
How can anyone listen to this adolescent boy and think there is a man of substance there?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 11:19:51 pm »
More than anything else, Donald seems intent upon burning his bridges before he has crossed them.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 11:21:10 pm »
Trump = the male Sybil

Every day he is saying something different and being someone different.

Donald "Sybil" Trump

Spot on!

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2016, 11:22:23 pm »
More than anything else, Donald seems intent upon burning his bridges before he has crossed them.

Many have predicted his political self-destruction.  He may set his entire campaign of fire before it is said and done.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 11:29:03 pm »
Toning it down? That would mean Trump going from Orange to his normal color.  A paler shade of jaundice Yellow.