Author Topic: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want  (Read 33255 times)

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Trump: Transgender people can use whatever bathroom they want
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2016, 01:22:47 am »
Thanks, DC.   If we can make Clinton and Obama's failures the issue, we can win this year.    This penny-ante stuff - ginning up government-provided solutions to made up problems - is what kills us with everyone who gets their news filtered through sources other than right-wing radio.

I shouldn't blame right-wingers if I were you.  A few years ago, gay marriage wasn't much more than a handful of leftist activists.  Today it's the law of the land.  I can live with it as they have their lives, I have mine.  Not so long ago, trannies, etc were just something you saw on TV or in the movies.  Occasionally one might come across them in a public venue depending on what part of the Country one came from.  Today they are the heroes of the left, and once again, as long as they live their lives and don't interfere with mine, great.  As has been pointed out, they've always been around.

But then once again the activism started.  And it's morphed into the desires of a tiny handful of gender challenged verses the right to privacy of almost everyone.  Now states and the courts are moving quickly to not only ban any laws which simply respect the genders of people, but actually to ensure that anyone, regardless of age or dress can use whatever public restroom he she or it feels like.  It's far more than just a tranny issue and everyone here knows it.

It's not about the government getting in the way.  In fact, in most state and local jurisdictions, laws always existed to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to this issue.  It's about government including the courts moving to make new law to eliminate the right to privacy.

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2016, 01:24:54 am »
The simple solution here is to install a 3rd restroom.

Men.  Women.  Transgender.

Now....let's talk about the shitty economy, Donald.

Separate but equal?  Good luck with that one.  Courts already have a precedent.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2016, 01:31:28 am »
As Mr. Trump said clearly today, why don't we just let each state, county and municipality make its own decisions regarding bathroom etiquette. That said, this silliness about crowds of transgenders invading "little girl" occupied bathrooms is just ridiculous. First, they could already do so if they were an actual pervert...and second, couldn't everything you're saying about transgenders apply to lesbians if they were being "perverts and predatory"?

Many of you are looking for a solution where no problem exists, and are concocting absurd scenarios that are incredibly unlikely to occur. This is simply not a presidential issue for a national campaign. And for the record, the ladies bathroom isn't like where we fellas do our business...they have separate stalls with locking doors.

Not about crowds of trannies.  There was no need for any solution as no problem really existed because in most places men couldn't go into a woman's restroom.  If they dressed up contrary to their plumbing, who was the wiser?  As for the separate stalls, if I have my granddaughter out for the day and she wants to use the comfort station, I'll let her know about that, and that even if men are in there, she shouldn't feel any embarrassment or concern, because there simply is no problem, and if there is, it's her problem, not theirs.  That should make her feel a hell of a lot better.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2016, 01:36:33 am »
In my view, he's the most likely to win. There is much more than polls that go on to assessing how a nominee will do in a general election.  Specifically, appeal to Reagan Dems and Independents AND positioning on key issues with the electorate.

But those things are reflected in polls.   And the thing with Trump is that the polls are unanimous -  folks can't stand him, really can't abide him.  That many polls aren't wrong.  It is a sign of cult worship that you'd conclude they must be. 

The only way those poll numbers can change is if Trump changes his positions and persona.   Maybe he can - he admitted (or rather his new top advisor admitted) the other day that it's all an act.   We once elected an actor to the Presidency,  but we elected him with the knowledge or trust that his convictions were sincere.   Trump admits he's a chameleon,  a scam artist, whose credo is exploitation not principle - just give the people the red meat they want. 

History recounts dozens of such figures.   Most of them were big trouble, and the people rued the freedoms that were jack-booted from them.   In the rarest and perhaps most notorious cases,  the people voted in their Strong Man by the voluntary casting of the ballot.   

We all must decide whether or not to be good Germans. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 01:41:42 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2016, 02:25:34 am »
But those things are reflected in polls.   And the thing with Trump is that the polls are unanimous -  folks can't stand him, really can't abide him.  That many polls aren't wrong.  It is a sign of cult worship that you'd conclude they must be. 

The only way those poll numbers can change is if Trump changes his positions and persona.   Maybe he can - he admitted (or rather his new top advisor admitted) the other day that it's all an act.   We once elected an actor to the Presidency,  but we elected him with the knowledge or trust that his convictions were sincere.   Trump admits he's a chameleon,  a scam artist, whose credo is exploitation not principle - just give the people the red meat they want. 

History recounts dozens of such figures.   Most of them were big trouble, and the people rued the freedoms that were jack-booted from them.   In the rarest and perhaps most notorious cases,  the people voted in their Strong Man by the voluntary casting of the ballot.   

[i]But those things are reflected in polls.[/i] Polls are a snap shot, not necessarily predictive. They should be used as a tool, but anyone who thinks they are destiny...especially at this stage before the conventions...doesn't know his political history.

The only way those poll numbers can change is if Trump changes his positions and persona. It IS true that a change in TONE can impact these poll numbers, as will a number of other factors that shape perceptions. Changing positions is the most unlikely factor in impacting the numbers...and would more likely prove detrimental as the change would be repeatedly pointed out by his opponent. Changing tone, good marketing, choosing a VP that softens his tough edges, and simply focusing on a positive campaign will quickly shift perceptions...because such perceptions are notoriously malleable pre-convention.

History recounts dozens of such figures. This is where you fall off the cliff of sound reasoning into the abyss of silly, non-applicable, historical fallacy. If you want genuine historical analogies...and there really are none...the closest you'd come is someone like Churchill or perhaps a Bismarck.

"Good Germans" Really? If anyone fits that mould, and they don't, it would be the Cruzites with their "litmus tests", condoning of unethical though technically allowed tactics like stealing delegates, and hard adherence to religious orthodoxies (they include folks who think Noah's Ark was real, that the world is 6000 or so years old, and that evolution is a devilish conspiracy).
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:28:30 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Wingnut

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2016, 02:31:36 am »

We have YUGE! Problem then,as Cruz is hated almost as much as Trump!
I guess we will have to go with Romney/Ryan!  They did a bang up job last time :silly:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 02:32:21 am by Repub4Trump »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2016, 02:46:49 am »
I guess we will have to go with Romney/Ryan!  They did a bang up job last time :silly:

Folks hate Cruz because he's a stiff lawyer, a staunch conservative and a media caricature.

He'll never fare well in the soundbytes from Comedy Central, MSNBC or wherever.

Mano a (wo)Mano?   He'll destroy Hillary on substance and her record and folks will vote for competence over royalty.  I'm convinced of it.

I saw him look in the eye of that angry Iowa farmer who accused him of trying to ruin his family and business by withdrawing the Ethanol subsidy.  Cruz was measured, firm, courteous and honest.   That was the moment I said "I can support this guy!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6cUDscjrNg

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2016, 02:56:51 am »
Folks hate Cruz because he's a stiff lawyer, a staunch conservative and a media caricature.

Mano a (wo)Mano?   He'll destroy Hillary on substance and her record and folks will vote for competence over royalty.  I'm convinced of it.

I saw him look in the eye of that angry Iowa farmer who accused him of trying to ruin his family and business by withdrawing the Ethanol subsidy.  Cruz was measured, firm, courteous and honest.   That was the moment I said "I can support this guy!"

AMEN!  He's done it before in fact!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2016, 03:04:01 am »
AMEN!  He's done it before in fact!  :beer:

Hey Bigun!

Every time I see that vile charlatan Trump or one of his dismal minions pull out the "Lyin' Ted" bullshit I always re-watch this clip.

This is real.  This guy came in accusing Cruz of destroying his life, family and economy and walked away understanding Ted's approach and appreciating his candor ... if not quite yet trusting him implicitly.

How can you not support a guy like Ted Cruz if you are in sync with Conservatism?   

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2016, 03:06:27 am »
Hey Bigun!

Every time I see that vile charlatan Trump or one of his dismal minions pull out the "Lyin' Ted" bullshit I always re-watch this clip.

This is real.  This guy came in accusing Cruz of destroying his life, family and economy and walked away understanding Ted's approach and appreciating his candor ... if not quite yet trusting him implicitly.

How can you not support a guy like Ted Cruz if you are in sync with Conservatism?

Damned if I know!  :shrug: :shrug:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ArneFufkin

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2016, 05:21:14 am »
Courts ruling that boys can hop into the showers with 13 year old girls is a made up problem...  lol.

Exactly. Does anyone want their daughter or granddaughter seeing some boy's wee wee while their showering in the locker room?
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #315 on: April 23, 2016, 05:38:38 am »

I'm learning to dislike Cruz simply because he has so many vulgar and vile supporters. I believed he would make a great addition to the SCOTUS, but have wondered if he would ever be approved because of his alleged unpopularity with his peers.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #316 on: April 23, 2016, 06:10:05 am »
I'm learning to dislike Cruz simply because he has so many vulgar and vile supporters. I believed he would make a great addition to the SCOTUS, but have wondered if he would ever be approved because of his alleged unpopularity with his peers.

Did you read this on the caucus thread?
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,203109.0.html

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #317 on: April 23, 2016, 06:24:14 am »
Did you read this on the caucus thread?
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,203109.0.html

Thank you for the forum!

I really do try to behave ....

:beer:

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #318 on: April 23, 2016, 06:27:57 am »
Thank you for the forum!

I really do try to behave ....

:beer:

lol what was that for?

you are good!

Iwas talking to alert abt an article he might like to read :patriot:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #319 on: April 23, 2016, 06:28:51 am »

Good post Arne.  I couldn't agree more.  :patriot:

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #320 on: April 23, 2016, 06:48:52 am »
Good post Arne.  I couldn't agree more.  :patriot:

I'm not sure drawing a line in the sand over a $6b/year subsidy when we have a trillion dollar yearly deficit is the way to win an election.   :shrug:
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #321 on: April 23, 2016, 06:58:35 am »
I'm not sure drawing a line in the sand over a $6b/year subsidy when we have a trillion dollar yearly deficit is the way to win an election.   :shrug:

Why start anywhere??? Especially when you can promise endless entitlements and win the support of ( :silly: ) conservatives.

geronl

« Reply #322 on: April 23, 2016, 07:12:23 am »

End all subsidies, every single one.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #323 on: April 23, 2016, 07:20:20 am »
Why start anywhere??? Especially when you can promise endless entitlements and win the support of ( :silly: ) conservatives.

Seems like a dumb stance to me.  You disagree.  Oh well.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #324 on: April 23, 2016, 07:20:58 am »
End all subsidies, every single one.

Yeah that's how you're going to win an election.  Your posts are so silly they are awesome.