Author Topic: Donald Trump wins big in New York  (Read 13192 times)

Offline R4 TrumPence

Re: Donald Trump wins big in New York
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2016, 07:54:50 pm »
You all think it's so bad here...go look at FR where JR this very minute is purging all Cruz supporters...I don't want to here anymore complaints here...there is just no comparison!

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3422979/posts?q=1&;page=101

:thumbsup3: :thumbsup3:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2016, 07:55:58 pm »
You all think it's so bad here...go look at FR where JR this very minute is purging all Cruz supporters...I don't want to here anymore complaints here...there is just no comparison!

This place is a Godsend, thank the moderators!

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2016, 07:57:38 pm »
I think you're wrong about the Mods, John.  They are working very hard to be fair under very difficult circumstances.

There are people here whose only purpose is to cause dissension and they are trying to prevent that from happening.

I find questioning the moral fiber of Trump supporters to be rude and judgmental and it is most certainly is designed to cause dissension by you, but if it makes you feel a bit better I really don't mind, nor care what your opinion of me is.  The whining is off-putting, though.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2016, 07:57:48 pm »

And behold Lord Jim hath spoken, and so it was. Many zots were dealt on that day...

Wingnut

« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2016, 07:58:10 pm »
Out of order comes chaos.

-Nietzsche

A-Lert

« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2016, 07:59:28 pm »

Logic and reason says the GOPe would rather have Hillary Clinton as president over Cruz or Trump.

Hey but ya'll are true conservatives!   :silly:

:thumbsup:

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2016, 07:59:32 pm »
This place is a Godsend, thank the moderators!

Amen.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

HonestJohn

« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2016, 08:03:12 pm »
I think you're wrong about the Mods, John.  They are working very hard to be fair under very difficult circumstances.

There are people here whose only purpose is to cause dissension and they are trying to prevent that from happening.

For the most part, yes.

I keep point out that all that work and the accompanying trust and respect can be lost very easily.  They should be looked at as a warning beacon; in that, should certain actions metastasize, we could end up on the same road as the TOS.

They didn't chose to become what they became.  They fell into it with a poor choice here and a bad decision there... and it snowballed.  What was a bad decision/poor choice in the past became the standard.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2016, 08:06:56 pm »
For the most part, yes.

I keep point out that all that work and the accompanying trust and respect can be lost very easily.  They should be looked at as a warning beacon; in that, should certain actions metastasize, we could end up on the same road as the TOS.

They didn't chose to become what they became.  They fell into it with a poor choice here and a bad decision there... and it snowballed.  What was a bad decision/poor choice in the past became the standard.

I don't find mocking the morality of posters who support Trump to be at all in good faith and is solely a personal attack.  Why would I have any trust or goodwill for such a person?

A-Lert

« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2016, 08:07:47 pm »
OMG!  I was reading (or wading) through this thread when your reply--like a ray of sunshine--popped out at me.

Thank you.  Now I can continue wading.   :beer:

Wading is correct. The accumulation of tears keeps getting deeper

A-Lert

« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2016, 08:12:36 pm »
The problem with you is that your loyalty to a shyster keeps you from realizing that it is not the "anti-Trumps" melting down...... it is Conservatism and AMERICA melting down.

And you're here with your pom poms cheering it on.

How do you sleep at night?

Trump isn't a lawyer or a politician for that matter.

Offline flowers

« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2016, 08:19:06 pm »
What a crock of unmitigated crap!   

If you people continue to sit and whine and cry over the death of our Republic...at least point the blame where it belongs.

Look in the mirror.

For if you stay home....vote turd party...or god forbid vote for Hillary, then YOU ARE TO BLAME!   Not Trump voters.

You all disgust me.
  Good post!

A-Lert

« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2016, 08:21:42 pm »
Trump is well on his way, not only to destroying the Republican party and preventing any reformation that could occur with an actual Conservative leader (like Cruz), but he is also on his way to completely destroying Conservatism.

He is the embodiment of all the lies the left has been telling about us because he is NOT one of us.  He is a caricature of a Republican because he is actually a Progressive.

And he's most likely laughing at those of you who are walking into the pit with him.

So what has the Republican party done with the nearly half million dollars Trump contributed?  How much has Cruz contributed?

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2016, 08:23:28 pm »

I find it amusing that a supporter of a lawyer/politician whose own wife was an exec at Goldman Sachs would call any other candidate a "shyster."

Maybe they don't know what that word means.  Neither do I because I'm a stupid Trump supporter?   :shrug:

Offline flowers

« Reply #264 on: April 20, 2016, 08:25:35 pm »
NavyCanDo asks (in what sounds like desperation):
"At this point I am just praying for a miracle to occur at the contested GOP convention (and it will be contested) and we get a nominee that not only does the near impossible, unify the Republican voters behind a candidate and his or her VP choice, but that also has the popularity to beat Hillary in the general."

OK, I'll bite.
I'll accept your premise, that "in lieu of" Mr. Trump, the Republican party needs someone else to beat o'er-the-hillary in November.

Now I'm going to ask you -- just WHO that candidate might be?

You've already written off Trump.
It won't be Cruz -- he won't beat hillary, might even do worse against her than Trump (do you remember Goldwater v. Johnson in 1964?)
It won't be Kasich -- he's not getting the nomination, and he would lose badly, as well.

So... once again.... who...?
Paul Ryan? Are you kidding?

Who....?

C'mon folks, all of you who want a brokered convention.
Let's hear some names, other than those above.
Which dark horse is gonna become your white knight in the big fight?
   :patriot:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2016, 08:29:55 pm »

No, he's a crooked businessman with a small mind, a big mouth, and an insatiable appetite for power. That's much better.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

A-Lert

« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2016, 08:31:49 pm »
Here's a clue:  there are more Democrats in New York than Republicans.  Lots more.

NSS! GOP voter turnout was low because Trump was a sure winner.

A-Lert

« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:22 pm »
Once again, the voter turnout for the GOP last nite was higher than '12, '08, and '00. But far less than Wisconsin and Missouri. So why does New York get 95 delegates again?

I'm certain the GOPers would be more than happy to address your concerns.

Offline flowers

« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:58 pm »
You've shown all of us here in a very short time that you're a special needs person yourself, geronl.

Prayers up.
+1    :beer:

Offline flowers

« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »
No, he's a crooked businessman with a small mind, a big mouth, and an insatiable appetite for power. That's much better.
You forgot small hands.   :silly:

A-Lert

« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2016, 08:36:27 pm »

Crooked? Like the politicians and lawyers you hold in such high regard?

Offline flowers

« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2016, 08:40:51 pm »
Let's discuss New York, the candidates, the nomination impact.  Insights.  Real concerns properly expressed,  Stuff like that.
That is a cool avatar.

A-Lert

« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2016, 08:51:01 pm »
You forgot small hands.   :silly:

:laughingdog: Cruz and Kasich were "schlonged"  In 2011, NPR's Neal Conan made this observation (to The Post's Chris Cillizza) on the 1984 Walter Mondale/Geraldine Ferraro campaign: "That ticket went on to get schlonged at the polls.

Offline flowers

« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2016, 08:51:35 pm »
Crooked? Like the politicians and lawyers you hold in such high regard?
Hush,  you are not supposed to notice Rafeal from Canada is a lawyer and his wife worked at Goldman Sachs.  :king:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2016, 09:13:23 pm »
What a crock of unmitigated crap!   

If you people continue to sit and whine and cry over the death of our Republic...at least point the blame where it belongs.

Look in the mirror.

For if you stay home....vote turd party...or god forbid vote for Hillary, then YOU ARE TO BLAME!   Not Trump voters.

You all disgust me.
The republic died in 2012 when Obama was re-elected and yet somehow that's our fault?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024