Author Topic: YouGov/CBS Poll: Trump 49, Cruz 31 in California Primary  (Read 6573 times)

Offline ArneFufkin

Re: YouGov/CBS Poll: Trump 49, Cruz 31 in California Primary
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2016, 06:52:59 pm »
It seems there are 2 sides to this one.

There were two votes on TPA.  Cruz voted for the measure in May, then voted against it in June when he saw the changes made and the misrepresentation of Senate GOP Leadership.

Offline flowers

« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:43 pm »

Offline flowers

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2016, 07:01:42 pm »
There were two votes on TPA.  Cruz voted for the measure in May, then voted against it in June when he saw the changes made and the misrepresentation of Senate GOP Leadership.
I thought he voted for each time then when the final vote came up he voted no?

Offline flowers

« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2016, 07:07:17 pm »
2016 Votes

Confirm a Common Core Advocate as Secretary of Education

Vote Result Date: 3/14/2016

Conservative Position: No

Cruz Vote: —

This vote was to confirm John B. King as the next Secretary of Education. John King's nomination presented Republican members of the Senate with a choice: confirm a liberal self-avowed supporter of Common Core to the most powerful education-related office or stand up against increased federal control of education by refusing to confirm King. In New York, King implemented a controversial Common Core, one size fits all education system against the will of the parents, teachers, and local school board. Rather than undoing the damage that the Department of Education has wrecked on local education systems, King will solidify Obama’s legacy of more federal control at the Department of Education.
    Lifetime Appointment of a Liberal Judge

Vote Result Date: 1/19/2016

Conservative Position: No

Cruz Vote: —

This vote was to confirm Wilhelmina Marie Wright, an ultra-liberal judge to the United States District Court for the District of Minnesota. A proponent of "critical race theory," Wright once argued the right to property, one of America's most foundational rights, perpetuates racism in America. She has even gone so far as to claim that property rights are racist. Rather than reject this judge, who clearly holds views antithetical to the Constitution, Republicans confirmed her for a lifetime appointment. Overall this vote is one of the latest examples of President Obama packing courts around the country with liberal judges. Liberal judges have used the judiciary branch to legislate from the bench and usher in and defend radical policies that are unconstitutional. The Senate Constitutional role of "advice and consent" gives Congress an effective check on liberal appointees, but only if it is used as something more than a rubber stamp.

https://www.conservativereview.com/members/scorecard/ted-cruz/

He didn't even vote on these two. Why?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2016, 07:08:45 pm »

I would imagine he was campaigning. 

Offline flowers

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2016, 07:14:13 pm »
I would imagine he was campaigning.
That judge is one of the worse ones yet and he had no time for that vote?????   :shrug:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2016, 07:57:27 pm »
That judge is one of the worse ones yet and he had no time for that vote?????   :shrug:

The vote on March 14 was the eve of a big primary day so I imagine he was campaigning in one of the large states (Florida/Ohio/Illinois) that were in play on the 15th.   The primary in South Carolina was on January 20 so I imagine he was stumping there on the 19th for the judicial vote.

I'm not excusing his absences but I would think that Rubio and Sanders missed some votes as well while campaigning.   It's just part of the deal for these Senators and Governors who are out of the Chambers and out of office during national election campaigning.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:58:01 pm by ArneFufkin »

geronl

« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2016, 08:01:28 pm »

At the Republican debate in Miami, Ted Cruz said he has never supported the Trans-Pacific Partnership. (Screenshot)

Trade has become a dividing line in the Republican Party. While traditionally the GOP has been a vocal supporter of reducing trade barriers between the United States and its trading partners, the cost of trade deals on American jobs has led to outright opposition to the largest treaty now on the table, the Trans-Pacific Partnership.

CNN moderator Jake Tapper asked Texas Sen. Ted Cruz to explain why he shifted from supporting the TPP to opposing it in the March 10 debate in Miami. Cruz was quick to say that the question contained an error.

"There are two different agreements," Cruz said. "There’s TPA (Trade Promotion Authority), and TPP. I opposed TPP, and have always opposed TPP, which is what you asked about."

Cruz was talking about two separate pieces of legislation that are linked, but indeed are separate. Before we untangle them, we will assess Cruz’s statement that he has always opposed the TPP.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2016, 09:17:28 pm »
Absolutely true! NO doubt about it!  And they are ALL economic idiots to boot!

Sweetie, you're becoming such a  crotchety old coot.  Just thought you'd like to know ...and hopefully you'll let the real Bigun return soon.   :0001:

« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2016, 09:19:09 pm »

Cruz had to be sure how he was expected to vote first.

I trust nothing this man says and even less of what he does.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2016, 09:24:35 pm »

You'll never win an argument with these people because the most stupidest man in the world, Trump, has no record to look at. He he against TPA or is he just saying that until he gets elected and then he will cut "deals" with his buddies on the Left so that he can claim he did something. Trump is an empty headed vessel all his fans can put all their hopes and dreams into.

Offline flowers

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2016, 09:37:25 pm »
The vote on March 14 was the eve of a big primary day so I imagine he was campaigning in one of the large states (Florida/Ohio/Illinois) that were in play on the 15th.   The primary in South Carolina was on January 20 so I imagine he was stumping there on the 19th for the judicial vote.

I'm not excusing his absences but I would think that Rubio and Sanders missed some votes as well while campaigning.   It's just part of the deal for these Senators and Governors who are out of the Chambers and out of office during national election campaigning.
I looked it up. Sanders was a no-vote too. So was Rubes.

Offline flowers

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2016, 09:39:16 pm »
You'll never win an argument with these people because the most stupidest man in the world, Trump, has no record to look at. He he against TPA or is he just saying that until he gets elected and then he will cut "deals" with his buddies on the Left so that he can claim he did something. Trump is an empty headed vessel all his fans can put all their hopes and dreams into.
Stupid yet worth billions. Heck at least he isn't a liar.   :laugh:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2016, 09:54:13 pm »
Compare it to whomever or whatever you like.  Just will someone PLEASE show me one tangible bill or proposal initiated by Ted Cruz in the Senate which advanced conservative principles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=====================================

You may be waiting awhile to get an answer to this.

Does him getting a paycheck count?

HonestJohn

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2016, 09:54:25 pm »
Aw come one post one or two. Advancing the TPP was one......can you Cruzers explain that one to me at least?

Oh no!  Insulting another poster!  How vile!

Specially after you made such a fuss about it.

I've got the vapors!

Offline flowers

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2016, 10:02:24 pm »
Oh no!  Insulting another poster!  How vile!

Specially after you made such a fuss about it.

I've got the vapors!
Whoa! What is insulting in that post? Cruzers? I was called a bleep recently.....I see that is still around. Please let me know, seriously.

HonestJohn

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2016, 10:05:43 pm »
Whoa! What is insulting in that post? Cruzers? I was called a bleep recently.....I see that is still around. Please let me know, seriously.

If the measure of insult is based on the opposition's views on the terms, then you have no reason to call bleep an insult, as it's up to the Anti-Trump side to determine if it's offensive.

---

Since you lead the charge for more civility in the forum, you are a leader in that.  You set the example for others having taken up that mantle.

Offline flowers

« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2016, 10:14:58 pm »
If the measure of insult is based on the opposition's views on the terms, then you have no reason to call bleep an insult, as it's up to the Anti-Trump side to determine if it's offensive.

---

Since you lead the charge for more civility in the forum, you are a leader in that.  You set the example for others having taken up that mantle.
I asked what is the insult in that post......what word was offending to you?

Offline Jackson

« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2016, 10:30:23 pm »
I see nobody has posted any accomplishments Rafael has in the Senate. I know of one....he voted on the TPP. His vote was to advance it. 

Come on Cruzers.......post what he has accomplished please. I would like to know, it might help me like him a little.  :smokin:

YOU come on. You aren't even interested a little bit in facts. You trumpazoids succeeded in ruining one of the best boards on the internet - no need to be specific here, everyone will know what I am referencing - and now you are bringing your crap here. I love discussion. I detest being used by paid Russian trolls who are only here to disrupt.

« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2016, 10:34:35 pm »
Do you HONESTLY imagine that the senate would be refusing to move Obama's SCOTUS nominees without what Ted has done in that body?

Do you remember when he stood on the floor of the senate and called Mitch McConnell out for being the LIAR he absolutely is?

Yes to both.  But what did he accomplish?  There's still talking of a vote on Obama's current SCOTUS nominee.  Calling someone a liar is not a tangible accomplishment.

I'm asking you to tell me what I have missed in Cruz's Senate legacy.

« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2016, 10:36:13 pm »

I'm starting to think this is just a way to stop the serious discussion about Ted Cruz's accomplishment, or lack thereof.   :shrug:

Offline flowers

« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2016, 10:51:51 pm »
I'm starting to think this is just a way to stop the serious discussion about Ted Cruz's accomplishment, or lack thereof.   :shrug:
It does appear so.

A-Lert

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2016, 10:53:27 pm »
YOU come on. You aren't even interested a little bit in facts. You trumpazoids succeeded in ruining one of the best boards on the internet - no need to be specific here, everyone will know what I am referencing - and now you are bringing your crap here. I love discussion. I detest being used by paid Russian trolls who are only here to disrupt.

Can I get you a crying towel?

HonestJohn

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2016, 10:55:40 pm »
I asked what is the insult in that post......what word was offending to you?

Cruzers.

Offline flowers

« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2016, 10:56:14 pm »
Whoa.............................really? Who the hell are you to question me?