Author Topic: YouGov/CBS Poll: Trump 49, Cruz 31 in California Primary  (Read 6576 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: YouGov/CBS Poll: Trump 49, Cruz 31 in California Primary
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 05:21:35 pm »
Aw come one post one or two. Advancing the TPP was one......can you Cruzers explain that one to me at least?

You've seen them over and over again, and you don't care.

Why should anyone respond to your Trump-like taunts?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 05:23:16 pm »
bleep.......really geronl? Post one accomplishment instead of calling me a tard.

He can't.  The one admirable thing Cruz did was filibuster funding ObamaCare for a few weeks until it started to hurt him politically.  Then it got funded.

He ruined any of that goodwill with his TPP vote.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:25:45 pm by AnybodyButaDem »
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?

geronl

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 05:30:20 pm »
Aw come one post one or two. Advancing the TPP was one......can you Cruzers explain that one to me at least?

He voted against the TPP. He opposes the TPP. There, that's explained.

Now explain how you can support a man who stole inheritance from his own family and cut off medical benefits to the sick baby of his nephew...

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 05:30:46 pm »
bleep.......really geronl? Post one accomplishment instead of calling me a tard.

Many of the anti-Trump posters here post the vile type of things that Trump would say.  Kind of hard preaching the high ground when you're swimming in the gutter.   :shrug:

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 05:31:47 pm »

Now explain how you can support a man who stole inheritance from his own family and cut off medical benefits to the sick baby of his nephew...

He did and I do believe that he will kill that deal as President, just as Trump will do as well.   :beer:

Offline flowers

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 05:33:08 pm »
Ironic, isn't it, that Trump devotees are asking what Cruz' "conservative accomplishments" are while supporting a Progressive in the Donor Class and part of the corrupt establishment?

Boggles the mind........
I know another vote he did......wait he didn't even vote on it................that last judge obama got. She was another full on social justice warrior. Cruz vote against her? NOPE.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 05:34:21 pm »
There could be a thousand of them and bleep won't care. They will still pretend that leftwing Trump is their lord and savior.

Trumpism is a cult. period.

Absolutely true! NO doubt about it!  And they are ALL economic idiots to boot!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 05:42:12 pm »

TPP ‘Fast Track Authority’ Passes Senate, Moves to House

Republican Senator and Presidential candidate Ted Cruz voted in favor of the TPA.

http://truthinmedia.com/tpp-fast-track-authority-passes-senate-moves-to-house/

link geronl to Trump stealing inheritance to sick baby.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2016, 05:49:29 pm »

Cruz voted for the TPA (Trade Promotion Authority)
The TPP  (Trans Pacific Partnership) has not yet been voted on--and is a bill both Cruz and Ryan support fully.  See below: 

Senator Ted Cruz’s statement that he “always opposed TPP” is incorrect.  He and Representative Paul Ryan co-authored an April 21, 2015 op-ed in the Wall Street Journal (Putting Congress in Charge on Trade) in which they both supported fast-tracking TPP (the Trans Pacific Partnership).  Cruz was also incorrect when he implied that TPA is separate from TPP.  TPA (Trade Promotion Authority) was the “fast-track” bill that gave up Congress’s right to amend or filibuster TPP and which reduced the number of votes required to pass TPP from two thirds of the Senate to a simple majority in each chamber.**

**This was a MAJOR victory for Barack Obama.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/03/cruz_lied_in_thursdays_debate_about_his_previous_support_for_tpp.html#ixzz46CWUwopE
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

geronl

« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 05:50:09 pm »
TPP ‘Fast Track Authority’ Passes Senate, Moves to House

TPP and TPA are not the same thing.

« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 05:56:17 pm »
TPP and TPA are not the same thing.

TPA is what Ted Cruz voted FOR in the Senate:

TPA (Trade Promotion Authority) was the “fast-track” bill that gave up Congress’s right to amend or filibuster TPP and which reduced the number of votes required to pass TPP from two thirds of the Senate to a simple majority in each chamber.   This gave Obama a victory so big, it made even his head spin.

Ted Cruz wants TPP passed, and he and Paul Ryan so eloquently stated in there Op-ed in the WSJ in April 2015:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/putting-congress-in-charge-on-trade-1429659409

« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:57:27 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 06:00:48 pm »
I know another vote he did......wait he didn't even vote on it................that last judge obama got. She was another full on social justice warrior. Cruz vote against her? NOPE.

flowers, you're supporting a hard core pro-abortion, pro-Dream Act, pro-Obamacare, pro-Obameconomy Progressive.

That pretty much invalidates your opinion on who's conservative and who's not.

If you want to make the case that Cruz is not conservative, the evidence is still on his side that he's at the opposite side of the spectrum from liberal Donald.

You, as a Trump zealot, can't argue this case credibly......

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 06:01:26 pm »

TPA (Trade Promotion Authority) was the “fast-track” bill that gave up Congress’s right to amend or filibuster TPP and which reduced the number of votes required to pass TPP from two thirds of the Senate to a simple majority in each chamber.   This gave Obama a victory so big, it made even his head spin.

Ted Cruz wants TPP passed, and he and Paul Ryan so eloquently stated in there Op-ed in the WSJ in April 2015:

Reading that, it's apparent that the Cruz supporter doesn't even know the position of his candidate, and in fact was completely wrong about it.

That's embarrassing.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:03:47 pm by AnybodyButaDem »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2016, 06:04:24 pm »
Reading that, the Cruz support doesn't even know the position of his candidate.

That's embarrassing.

Even if true, not as embarrassing as zealous support for Progressive Democrat Trump who has both positions on every single issue, and knows nothing about the Constitution.

If you're supporting Trump vs. Cruz based on Conservatism, you've been fooled BIG time.

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 06:09:24 pm »
Even if true, not as embarrassing as zealous support for Progressive Democrat Trump who has both positions on every single issue, and knows nothing about the Constitution.

If you're supporting Trump vs. Cruz based on Conservatism, you've been fooled BIG time.

Those being fooled are the people who think the GOPe wants either Cruz or Trump in the White House.

They will try to get Cruz the nomination, actively work against him behind the scenes with Democrats, and then when Hillary or Bernie win the GOPe will say "see, we told you conservative candidates don't win national elections."

Mark my words that is my prediction.  They would rather lose with Cruz for exactly that reason, and we conservatives can go back and sit in the corner for all they care.

« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2016, 06:10:13 pm »
He has made the senate VASTLY more conservative whether YOU are able to recognize the fact or not!

HOW, Bigun?  How?  What is it that I  have missed --- or you are imagining? 

WHAT specific change did Ted Cruz's two years bring to the Senate?    Please, keep this a secret no longer! 

Offline flowers

« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2016, 06:10:58 pm »
flowers, you're supporting a hard core pro-abortion, pro-Dream Act, pro-Obamacare, pro-Obameconomy Progressive.

That pretty much invalidates your opinion on who's conservative and who's not.

If you want to make the case that Cruz is not conservative, the evidence is still on his side that he's at the opposite side of the spectrum from liberal Donald.

You, as a Trump zealot, can't argue this case credibly......
Sigh. post one thing he has done...............just one with link.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2016, 06:14:34 pm »
What! has Ted Cruz accomplished--or even proposed in the Senate! to advance the conservative agenda--(other than to quote Ronald Reagan)?

Ted Cruz' conservative ratings:

American Conservative Union:    Lifetime 100 (Most conservative in Senate)
Conservative Review:          97   2nd most conservative member in Senate (behind Mike Lee)
Heritage Action Scorecard:     100  (Most conservative in Senate)
Club for Growth:                100 (Most conservative in Senate)

Each one of these ratings have detailed voting records.   

I present this for fair-minded members and guests as I don't expect any Trump supporter to peruse these rankings and their methodologies - or do any critical thinking regarding their support for Trump this election.   

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2016, 06:15:25 pm »
HOW, Bigun?  How?  What is it that I  have missed --- or you are imagining? 

WHAT specific change did Ted Cruz's two years bring to the Senate?    Please, keep this a secret no longer!

Do you HONESTLY imagine that the senate would be refusing to move Obama's SCOTUS nominees without what Ted has done in that body?

Do you remember when he stood on the floor of the senate and called Mitch McConnell out for being the LIAR he absolutely is?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2016, 06:26:01 pm »
I see nobody has posted any accomplishments Rafael has in the Senate. I know of one....he voted on the TPP. His vote was to advance it. 

Come on Cruzers.......post what he has accomplished please. I would like to know, it might help me like him a little.  :smokin:

Flowers, it's not a question of liking him or not, it's who will do the best job as President.  I like a lot of people and not many of them would I recommend for president.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2016, 06:35:00 pm »

Ted Cruz voted against the TPA fast track authority in June 2015, one of five Pubbies to do so.   

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/tpa-trade-bill-democrat-vote-tally-119331

Offline flowers

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2016, 06:39:32 pm »
Ted Cruz' conservative ratings:

American Conservative Union:    Lifetime 100 (Most conservative in Senate)
Conservative Review:          97   2nd most conservative member in Senate (behind Mike Lee)
Heritage Action Scorecard:     100  (Most conservative in Senate)
Club for Growth:                100 (Most conservative in Senate)

Each one of these ratings have detailed voting records.   

I present this for fair-minded members and guests as I don't expect any Trump supporter to peruse these rankings and their methodologies - or do any critical thinking regarding their support for Trump this election.
Link to this please.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2016, 06:44:35 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2016, 06:50:27 pm »
Ted Cruz voted against the TPA fast track authority in June 2015, one of five Pubbies to do so.   

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/tpa-trade-bill-democrat-vote-tally-119331
It seems there are 2 sides to this one.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 06:50:48 pm by flowers »