Author Topic: Hillary says Obama to blame for Libya, Syria messes... By Rick Moran  (Read 274 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/04/hillary_says_obama_to_blame_for_libya_syria_messes.html

April 15, 2016
Hillary says Obama to blame for Libya, Syria messes
By Rick Moran

Looking to run away from the mess she created in the Middle East during her tenure as secretary of state, Hillary Clinton claimed during the debate with Bernie Sanders that she did everything right when recommending that the U.S. take action against Gaddafi in Libya and that it was President Obama who screwed up.

Politico:

"The decision was the president's. Did I do the due diligence? Did I talk to everybody I could talk to? Did I visit every capitol and then report back to the president?" she said. "Yes, I did. That's what a secretary of state does. But at the end of the day, those are the decisions that are made by the president to in any way use American military power, and the president made that decision and, yes, we did try without success because of the Libyans' obstruction to our efforts, but we did try and we will continue to try to help the Libyan people."

Oh, so it's the Libyans' fault, too, because they refused to listen to her.  So far, our "help" in Libya has created a failed state with just about every male over the age of 14 armed with an automatic weapon.  Did she mention that the presence of ISIS is growing by leaps and bounds?  Must have slipped her mind.

Sanders criticized her role in the Syrian debacle as well:

"Yes, when I was secretary of state, I did urge along with the Department of Defense and the CIA that we seek out, vet and train and arm Syrian opposition figures so that they could defend themselves against Assad,” Clinton responded. “The president said no. Now, that's how it works. People who work for the president make recommendations and then the president makes the decision.”

“So I think it's only fair to look at where we are in Syria today and, yes, I do still support a no-fly zone because I think we need to put in safe havens for those poor Syrians who are fleeing both Assad and ISIS and so they have some place they can be safe,” she continued.

In another seeming criticism of Obama, Clinton said earlier: "Nobody stood up to Assad and removed him, and we have had a far greater disaster in Syria than we are currently dealing with right now in Libya."

President Obama recently claimed that the worst mistake of his presidency was  "failing to plan for the day after" in Libya.  It should be noted that the president does indeed possess the authority to use military force.  But it is the secretary of state who makes plans for the "day after" the military wins.

In this, she is directly responsible for what the president considers the worst mistake of his presidency.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34