Author Topic: After His Honeymoon, Ted Cruz Immediately Bought 100 Cans Of Soup  (Read 946 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: After His Honeymoon, Ted Cruz Immediately Bought 100 Cans Of Soup
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2016, 11:35:38 pm »
Well one good thing about Cruz and his chunky soup.  A-Lert can relate.  I guess that's the beauty of stories like this.

Oh and I am sure as they went on in their marriage Cruz probably bought less and less soup.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:36:42 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2016, 11:37:28 pm »
Sorry sink..this has got to be one of the stupidest articles ever posted here :shrug:
Well, it's from gawker, so ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2016, 11:51:13 pm »
Doesn't that make it the opposite of soup?

It does kind of take the Mmmmm  Mmmmmm good out of the picture.   But what the hell we ain't soup nuts.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 11:59:02 pm »
Well, it's from gawker, so ...
Sometimes it's good to expose the silly articles for the silliness that they are. Like Romney and the dog on the top of a roof from eight years ago.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2016, 11:59:37 pm »
Well one good thing about Cruz and his chunky soup.  A-Lert can relate.  I guess that's the beauty of stories like this.

Oh and I am sure as they went on in their marriage Cruz probably bought less and less soup.

Actually I believe Heidi stated she wasn't a very good cook.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2016, 12:00:14 am »
Who eats soup out of a can?  That crap is full of sodium and is horrible for you.

I make homemade soup and add lots and lots of salt.

Is that better for you??   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2016, 12:01:48 am »
Man, I LOVE sodium. I always ADD sodium to my food, especially to my soups, although Campbell's usually require a bit less to get the taste right.

And something must be right or I wouldn't be pushing 97 with all my own teeth and hearing that tests out an an 18 year old level.

I LOVE it!  Welcome!!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2016, 12:23:51 am »
...hmm...this indeed is a ridiculous article, but in a way quite a nice break from the usual political scene.

Soup.  Let's see.  Speaking of soup (hey... I didn't start this thread) ...

When I was 19 (and I won't tell you how long ago that was) I was a receptionist for an advertising agency.  I greeted clients, radio and tv personalities, and other marketing and advertising personnel.  As God is my witness, a rather portly gentlemen came in with a round face, sandy brown floppy hair, blue eyes and the biggest rosiest cheeks I had ever seen.  Being the good receptionist that I was I politely asked him his name; he responded:  "Porky Campbell".  The name fit the face and try as I might laughter soon got the best of me.  My outburst of laughter was completely embarassing.  Porky responded by saying "don't worry, I'm used to it". After showing the gentlemen to the conference room and having gained my composure, I went in to discuss the incident with by boss only to find out that Porky Campbell was indeed his legitimate name.  Who in the heck names their kid Porky when their last name is Campbell?  :silly:

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Wingnut

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 12:28:51 am »
97..really?

LOL.    He must be napping

Offline AnybodyButaDem

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 03:24:22 am »
Sometimes it's good to expose the silly articles for the silliness that they are. Like Romney and the dog on the top of a roof from eight years ago.

I'm pretty sure sinkspur took this as a serious criticism of Cruz.
Guess who got the NYT's endorsement in the GOP primary?