Author Topic: Cruz on McConnel Accusation: "Every Word I Said Is True".  (Read 495 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Cruz on McConnel Accusation: "Every Word I Said Is True".
« on: April 14, 2016, 05:09:34 pm »
Wow.  This is a very bold move along the campaign trail.  However, he told the truth.  Plan and simple.  I think Ted's speech on the Senate floor criticizing McConnel and pointing out exactly what's happening in the Senate has been perhaps one of the most important speeches of his career so far.  If you haven't listened to it, it's definitely worth watching and listening to.  I have watched it several times and each time, I am emotionally moved.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSl8DWUQYf8

Ted Cruz on McConnell accusation: ‘Every word I said is true’

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz during a MSNBC town hall on Thursday doubled down on an accusation that Republican Majority Leader Mitch McConnell lied to him, all the while insisting that he would work well with DC legislators.

“Every word I said there is true and accurate. No one disputed a word I said,” he told the audience in Buffalo, New York of his scathing floor speech condemning his party’s Senate leader over Export-Import bank legislation. “The reaction in the Senate is how dare you say that out loud? They’re not upset that somebody lied to them!”

Still, Cruz insisted that he’d have no problem working with the very legislators he’s condemned.

“I think I’ll be able to work very, very well with Republican leadership, partially for focusing on issues that bring us together,” Cruz said....

...http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/ted-cruz-mcconnell-accusation-every-word-i-said-true
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline MACVSOG68

Re: Cruz on McConnel Accusation: "Every Word I Said Is True".
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 05:48:33 pm »
“I think I’ll be able to work very, very well with Republican leadership, partially for focusing on issues that bring us together,” Cruz said....

Sounds a lot like Trump's promise of starting to act presidential once the Party nominates him.  Some things simply don't pass the laugh test...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 06:19:02 pm by MACVSOG68 »
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 05:59:35 pm »

Sounds a lot like Trump's promise of starting to act presidential once the Party nominates him.  Some thinks simply don't pass the laugh test...

I disagree.

The people who are invested in these nomination processes and primary tests cannot look at Cruz and not respect his approach.

He is a brilliant, unapologetic Conservative man and he has a REALLY effective organization.  Can he win in November?  Who knows, we live and move with morons.   The left side of the Bell Curve is running our feckless culture.

But, his brilliance and Conservative integrity/morality?  Those are the attributes the "GOPe" and the "donors" ... and me ... are looking for.   

Bill Cipher

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 06:03:17 pm »

Sounds a lot like Trump's promise of starting to act presidential once the Party nominates him.  Some thinks simply don't pass the laugh test...

Maybe not as bad as Trump, but not so smart in picking scabs right now.  Cruz is going to need to build some goodwill with Congress, even before the convention, and reminding everyone of this is not likely to be conducive. 

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 06:13:56 pm »
Maybe not as bad as Trump, but not so smart in picking scabs right now.  Cruz is going to need to build some goodwill with Congress, even before the convention, and reminding everyone of this is not likely to be conducive.

IMO, the long goal is to win the Convention and grab enough of the GOP electorate -  weakly owned by Trump right now - to beat a historically weak Dem candidate.   A liar, fraud etc.

Trump's "Let us destroy the GOP" vanity tour needs to be eviscerated.  By any legal and authentic means.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 06:19:45 pm »
If you listen to the video, he was very calm and reasonable.  He explained the process that got him to that point and why he had to say what he said that day before the entire senate.  The fault of not working well lies with McConnell.  Most failed leaders lose their position.  So should McConnell.  His continued grudge over this and his own unwillingness to apologize proves again and again that he is a harmful and destructive leader, not just a bad one.

This is one of the reasons I really dislike Cruz.  He makes no effort to work with other Senators and will go out of his way to kick sand in their faces if he thinks it will benefit him.

He can't swallow his pride and let things slide.  This is why he is so despised by so many of his colleagues. 

Voting for Trump or Cruz is like being forced to drink nuclear waste or raw sewage.  I can recover from drinking sewage.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 06:30:08 pm »
He did not go out of his way and this is clearly not about pride.  He was asked about it because there have been many reports (posted on this very board) which have McConnell demanding an apology.  Cruz spoke the truth.  McConnell lied.  It is McConnell who should be issuing an apology.

He is not despised by so many of his colleagues.  McConnell has a grudge against Cruz because Cruz exposed him.  Watch the video.  He is not delighting in it.  He tried to work it out behind the scenes.  He had no choice.  It is McConnell who is the sewage, not Cruz.

I disagree.  It is extremely rude and bad form to go on the Senate floor and call the Majority Leader from his own party a liar.  He did it to grandstand.  Most men would have approached McConnell privately and voiced his concerns. Instead, he showboats for the cameras.

And he did it again today instead of letting it go.  I really do not like Ted Cruz and never have.  His speaking style is a breathless sanctimony that makes me cringe.  I think a Cruz presidency would be only slightly better than a Hillary presidency.  He's just way too strident.

And, yes, he is despised by his colleagues.  He was once voted down 98-2 on an effort to bring up a set of bills. A huge slap. 

I will vote for Cruz, but that just tells how low I hold Trump.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 06:40:46 pm »
I will do now as Cruz should have done this morning:  let this go.

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 06:47:26 pm »
I disagree.

The people who are invested in these nomination processes and primary tests cannot look at Cruz and not respect his approach.

He is a brilliant, unapologetic Conservative man and he has a REALLY effective organization.  Can he win in November?  Who knows, we live and move with morons.   The left side of the Bell Curve is running our feckless culture.

But, his brilliance and Conservative integrity/morality?  Those are the attributes the "GOPe" and the "donors" ... and me ... are looking for.

From my perspective the "GOPe" and the donors are looking for someone who can unite a very divided Country and an even more divided Party.   Many of his stands will be even more divisive, and some of his plans are simply not going to happen.  About the only thing I wouldn't have concerns about would be his judicial nominations.  But that's not going to be nearly enough to bring most American voters to embrace him.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 11:47:10 pm »
I disagree.

:beer:   goopo
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.