Author Topic: Trump: I'd Consider Rubio, Kasich, Walker for VP  (Read 7416 times)

Offline Relic

Re: Trump: I'd Consider Rubio, Kasich, Walker for VP
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 09:30:15 pm »
Which is precisely what we get if the GOP throws the nomination away on Trump.

There is no path to victory for the GOP.

The GOP is worried about getting enough votes so Cruz can keep Trump from winning. But those that support Trump are so few in number they don't matter?

In a best case general election, it would be a difficult race. Even though HRC is a vile person, she has Bill, and the Hollywood / media establishment to bolster her. Those Trump supporters that you all view with contempt, they'd be nice to have on your side come election day.

Clinton will win, the only question is by how much.

Offline Relic

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 09:31:59 pm »
What sand?  They've made their own reputation.  They've shared their own thoughts.  They've exhibited patterns of behavior.  It would be dishonest to pretend things are better than they actually are.  It is what it is.  No sand added.

If that kind of bs is what helps you sleep at night Sally, by all means, spread it.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2016, 09:33:36 pm »
There is no path to victory for the GOP.

The GOP is worried about getting enough votes so Cruz can keep Trump from winning. But those that support Trump are so few in number they don't matter?

In a best case general election, it would be a difficult race. Even though HRC is a vile person, she has Bill, and the Hollywood / media establishment to bolster her. Those Trump supporters that you all view with contempt, they'd be nice to have on your side come election day.

Clinton will win, the only question is by how much.

Those who support Trump are at last check no more than about 1/3 of the GOP primary voters.  The winner take all states seriously skew the delegate counts making Trump look like a clear winner when his share of the popular vote is more or less equal to Cruz' share of the popular vote.  Trump is not that popular and does not have any where near the number of supporters the delegate count implies.

If Trump really cared about the voice of the people being heard he would disavow the winner take all results and ask his delegates to vote in proportion to the popular vote.

Offline Relic

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2016, 09:33:53 pm »
There is no coddling them to victory.  They will either choose wisely or they will not.  They're accountable to God for their decision, not me.

Ahhh, but you get to live with the result.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2016, 09:35:26 pm »
Ahhh, but you get to live with the result.

Well so do you, right?

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2016, 09:37:06 pm »
I find it amusing to see how quickly and enthusiastically the anti Trump crowd kicks sand in the face of Trump supporters.

Enjoy president Hillary Clinton's reign folks.

What?  Are you happy or unhappy with Trump's decision?  How can this be kicking sand?  Trump did this and you love Trump.  Thus you love this and one cannot be upset at actions you love.

Unless you've been fooling yourself.

Example: I supported Rubio.  Someone brought up his immigration record to 'tar' him.  It didn't bother me, as I supported him... for his actions, one of which was his immigration record.  So I found the attempt to be more of a pro-Rubio effort instead of an anti-Rubio one.

The fact it isn't for you means you have cognitive dissonance, supporting what you actually dislike/hate.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:37:44 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Relic

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2016, 09:37:36 pm »
Those who support Trump are at last check no more than about 1/3 of the GOP primary voters.  The winner take all states seriously skew the delegate counts making Trump look like a clear winner when his share of the popular vote is more or less equal to Cruz' share of the popular vote.  Trump is not that popular and does not have any where near the number of supporters the delegate count implies.

If Trump really cared about the voice of the people being heard he would disavow the winner take all results and ask his delegates to vote in proportion to the popular vote.

So far, Trump has 8.2 million votes.

2012 results, Obama 65.9m, Romney 60.9m.

You're right, those Trump voters won't matter.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2016, 09:37:52 pm »
What?  Are you happy or unhappy with Trump's decision?  How can this be kicking sand?  Trump did this and you love Trump.  Thus you love this and one cannot be upset at actions you love.

Unless you've been lying to yourself.

Example: I supported Rubio.  Someone brought up his immigration record to 'tar' him.  It didn't bother me, as I supported him... for his actions, one of which was his immigration record.  So I found the attempt to be more of a pro-Rubio effort instead of an anti-Rubio one.

The fact it isn't for you means you have cognitive dissonance, supporting what you actually dislike/hate.

:thumbsup:

Offline Relic

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 09:39:07 pm »
Well so do you, right?

I note the schism in the party and I know what's coming.

I don't see a need to pee on people who in theory, are on my side. Some of the people here sound like liberals attacking the stereotypical Republican.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 09:41:09 pm »

I don't see a need to pee on people who in theory, are on my side. Some of the people here sound like liberals attacking the stereotypical Republican.

Another "dem plants" dude? Mesaclone spent 40 pages and never outed the dem plants. Maybe you can finally solve the mystery?

A-Lert

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2016, 09:41:56 pm »

It's that arrogance that Rush was talking about.

Bill Cipher

Offline Relic

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2016, 09:43:38 pm »

Unless you've been fooling yourself.

I know I shouldn't even bother. I know you're somewhat lacking in ability, and enjoy your bias, even if it's wrong.

Here's a clue princess, I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm watching Trump implode just as everyone else is watching. However, when I see the jerks on this board attack Trump supporters, I think of the people I've conversed with over the years, and see no need for that.

Just as Mizzou is facing declining enrollment for it's strong stance supporting BLM, you folks will get yourselves a president Hillary Clinton by attacking those who could be on your side.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2016, 09:45:04 pm »
We have one solution left to save us from this nightmare. A Gilmore/Santorum unity ticket. Think about it. It's genius.

Offline Relic

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2016, 09:47:04 pm »
I sleep fine, thank you.  Do you?  I mean, can you live with the fact that I won't vote and speak and act in accordance with your will and demands?  Or will that keep you up at night?   It's tough to allow others their freedom, but it is the best way.  Vote according to your own conscience.  I will listen to mine.  Two people don't decide the outcome.  I'm sick of people trying to shame others into voting according to their demands.  You worry about you.  Persuade all you want.  But when you start the shaming, you are not promoting the unity you pretend to be promoting.

You should start with some reading comprehension.
The only Republican I was strongly against was Jeb! He's gone, that's good. As for the rest, I respect anyone who supports a candidate, who can state why they do so. What I don't respect is people in the same party, attacking each other as if they were in different parties.

The anti Trump crowd attacks the Trump supporters more than they attack Democrats.

Offline Relic

« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2016, 09:47:59 pm »
We have one solution left to save us from this nightmare. A Gilmore/Santorum unity ticket. Think about it. It's genius.

Rick? Rick Santorum, is that you?!

HonestJohn

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2016, 09:48:36 pm »

General Zod will save planet Houston!

---

No Santorum!  I don't want a federal department of internet censorship.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:51:18 pm by HonestJohn »

A-Lert

« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2016, 09:48:45 pm »
I know I shouldn't even bother. I know you're somewhat lacking in ability, and enjoy your bias, even if it's wrong.

Here's a clue princess, I'm not a Trump supporter. I'm watching Trump implode just as everyone else is watching. However, when I see the jerks on this board attack Trump supporters, I think of the people I've conversed with over the years, and see no need for that.

Just as Mizzou is facing declining enrollment for it's strong stance supporting BLM, you folks will get yourselves a president Hillary Clinton by attacking those who could be on your side.

Arrogance of the worst kind drove off good, long time members.

Offline Relic

« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2016, 09:51:39 pm »
Another "dem plants" dude? Mesaclone spent 40 pages and never outed the dem plants. Maybe you can finally solve the mystery?

Can't really put your finger on how to attack me, so you decided to paint me with that brush?
Lacks originality, and displays a significant lack of depth in your thinking.

But I bet you got a good laugh out of it. Feeble minds are easily amused.

Offline Relic

« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2016, 09:53:56 pm »

I've noticed. But they've imported a new crop, and the numbers are better than ever.

So all is well.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2016, 10:12:21 pm »

Wow, princess.  For some one who claims to pine for civility you sure ain't civil. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2016, 10:12:55 pm »

8888crybaby

Bill Cipher

« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2016, 10:30:02 pm »
Oh I know....Dole/Bush.  There ya go.  Old fart stuck in the mud ticket.  I mean HW, you know.  He only served one term, so he could be President if the first old fart didn't make it the full term.

:thumbsup:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2016, 10:51:49 pm »
There ya go.  What a plan.  Or we could go with all reruns like McCain/Romney or old fart rerun Dole along with, I don't know, Crist.  Wasn't he the Florida party switcher.  That'd really draw in the Republicans.  It's all about unity.

That's a great idea. Think of all the money we would save on designing bumper stickers!

A-Lert

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2016, 11:07:49 pm »
Wow, princess.  For some one who claims to pine for civility you sure ain't civil.

8888crybaby  :boring: