Author Topic: Trump’s New Convention Manager Says Cruz Is Engaging in ‘Gestapo Tactics’  (Read 1970 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/trumps-new-convention-manager-says-cruz-is-engaging-in-gestapo-tactics/

Trump’s New Convention Manager Says Cruz Is Engaging in ‘Gestapo Tactics’

by Josh Feldman | 10:59 am, April 10th, 2016 VIDEO 12

Paul Manafort, the convention manager/delegate strategist Donald Trump brought on a few days ago, accused the Ted Cruz campaign of engaging in “Gestapo tactics” to win delegates on Meet the Press this morning.

Chuck Todd ran the video of Trump friend Roger Stone talking about sharing the hotel rooms of delegates engaged in some supposed “steal” of the nomination. Stone and Manafort are longtime allies and former business partners, and Todd asked him about whether “threatening” delegates like that is appropriate.

Manafort deflected the Stone issue and said threatening is not Trump’s style, but went on to say, “It is Ted Cruz’s style.”

Todd asked if he thinks Cruz is threatening delegates. Manafort said, “Well, he’s threatening––you go to these county conventions and you see the Gestapo tactics…”

Todd said “that’s a strong word,” while Manafort insisted Team Cruz is “not playing by the rules.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

He looks like Barzini but he's really Tattaglia.

Can somebody tell me how a guy who managed the Ford/Dole effort 40 years ago and was in the Reagan re-elect effort knows anything about delegate selection and the Convention process today?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 03:47:19 pm by sinkspur »

Offline sinkspur

Trump aide Manafort: Cruz campaign using ‘Gestapo’ tactics

By JEREMY HERB 04/10/16 11:02 AM EDT

Donald Trump’s convention manager on Sunday accused the Ted Cruz campaign of using “Gestapo tactics” in its hunt for delegates.

“You go to these county conventions, and you see the Gestapo tactics — the scorched-earth tactics,” Trump aide Paul Manafort said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”

After playing a clip from Trump confidant Roger Stone — where Stone suggested publicizing the hotel room numbers of delegates —NBC’s Chuck Todd asked Manafort whether threatening delegates was fair game.

“It’s not my style; it’s not Donald Trump’s style,” he responded. “But it is Ted Cruz’s style. And that’s going to wear thin very fast.”

Manafort was hired by the Trump campaign to work on securing delegates ahead of a likely contested Republican convention in July. This week, Trump said that Manafort’s role was expanding to “oversee, manage, and be responsible for all activities that pertain to Mr. Trump’s delegate process and the Cleveland Convention."

Cruz’s campaign has been soundly beating Trump’s when it comes to winning delegates to the GOP convention, including in Colorado and South Carolina on Saturday.

On Sunday, Manafort accused Cruz’s campaign of foul play.

“We're going to be filing several protests because the reality is, they are not playing by the rules,” he said.Manafort declined to talk about the tactics the Trump campaign might use to win over delegates, which will come into play if Trump fails to secure the required 1,237 delegates before the convention.

“I happen to think the best way we're going to get delegates is to have Donald Trump be exposed to delegates, let the delegates hear what he says,” he said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/gestapo-trump-cruz-manafort-221775#ixzz45RIJYWjU
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
“I happen to think the best way we're going to get delegates is to have Donald Trump be exposed to delegates, let the delegates hear what he says,” he said.

And how are they going to do that when, after winning a primary, Trump's team closes shop and leaves the State instead of actually staying and doing the job he was elected for- to be the candidate.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Unfortunate choice of words, but what I have come to expect from the Trump camp. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If this were Trump winning delegates like this, why that would be because he is a wise, experienced, tough operator who knows how to fight to win, make deals, work within the system!

The fact that Cruz is doing it though means it's an insidious and nefarious GOPe plot to use gestapo tactics to steal the nomination from Trump via the insider smoky back room!

The cognitive dissonance is mind blowing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Just saw a good quote;

A delegate may vote for anyone he/she chooses after the first ballot. Cruz can't "steal" a delegate any more than the ocean "steals" water from the streams that that flow to it.

Offline ArneFufkin

The last time this guy was a "Delegate Whiz" was in the Ford/Reagan dustup.  1976.    He doesn't know the movers and shakers in the GOP in 50 states any more.

First week for the "fixer"  and he's already broken Godwin's Law.   

What's that stink in the air?  YOOOOOGE Desperation.

Offline ArneFufkin

He looks like Barzini but he's really Tattaglia.

Can somebody tell me how a guy who managed the Ford/Dole effort 40 years ago and was in the Reagan re-elect effort knows anything about delegate selection and the Convention process today?

"I'm Paul Manafort.  I solve problems"
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:51:11 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline Frank Cannon

Paul Manafort is a relic from the 70's and a crook. If this is how he thinks he is going to turn team Trump around, he is mistaken.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/04/trumps_convention_manager_once_embroiled_in_nj_hou.html

Wingnut

Paul Manafort is a relic from the 70's and a crook. If this is how he thinks he is going to turn team Trump around, he is mistaken.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/04/trumps_convention_manager_once_embroiled_in_nj_hou.html

It says a lot about the character  of a man who surrounds himself with Crooks, thugs, con men, has-beens and never-weres.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump just loves scumbags for some reason.

HonestJohn

Trump's boys threaten to reveal the locations of all the delegates that don't support him after the first vote... so his followers can 'talk' to them.

And he has the gall to call Cruz's actions "gestapo"?

There's only one candidate in the race that's creating a brownshirt movement, and his name is Trump.

Wingnut

They say Scum seeks it's own level.  :srug:

A-Lert

It says a lot about the character  of a man who surrounds himself with Crooks, thugs, con men, has-beens and never-weres.

You support a lawyer, don't you?  :silly:

A-Lert

Washington D.C. is crawling with scumbags. Perhaps that's why he's running for POTUS. So he can be closer to the scumbags.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump's boys threaten to reveal the locations of all the delegates that don't support him after the first vote... so his followers can 'talk' to them.

And he has the gall to call Cruz's actions "gestapo"?

There's only one candidate in the race that's creating a brownshirt movement, and his name is Trump.

That really is quite frightening.  I hope Cruz is surrounded by excellent bodyguards.  After all Trump has made the comment he doesn't lose.  Trump is becoming this country's worse nightmare.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Rivergirl

tRump's lawyer was Albert Pirro.  Did time in federal prison for tax evasion.  Was later accused of fighting with a prostitute in an upstate NY motel room.
And, of course, there is Charles Kushner.  Ivanka's father in law.
Maybe Chelsea Clinton's father in law and Ivanka's father in law met in Camp Fed.  Maybe it was a threesome with Pirro included.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
tRump's lawyer was Albert Pirro.  Did time in federal prison for tax evasion.  Was later accused of fighting with a prostitute in an upstate NY motel room.
Maybe Chelsea Clinton's father in law and Ivanka's father in law met in Camp Fed.  Maybe it was a threesome with Pirro included.

Chelsea and Ivanka are best buds ... I'm sure they exchange stories of their corrupt father-in-laws.  Both families are up to their eyebrows in corruption. Interestingly enter Chris Christie who was a U.S. attorney for New Jersey who negotiated a plea agreement with Ivanka's father in law...Christie also endorsed Trump. 

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/.premium-1.706420
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Right_in_Virginia

Paul Manafort is a relic from the 70's and a crook.

No he's not.   **nononono*

Online Right_in_Virginia

They say Scum seeks it's own level.  :srug:

A-Lert

Lawyers are scumbags. The district of criminals is crawling with them.

HonestJohn

Please either refute the points brought up or explain why they are 'good' in your point of view.

Posting 'Nuh 'uh!' and irrelevant editorial cartoons does nothing, except reinforce the notion that Trump is antithetical to America.