Author Topic: Wisconsin Post Election Night Debrief…  (Read 1974 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wisconsin Post Election Night Debrief…
« on: April 06, 2016, 03:41:29 pm »
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/04/06/wisconsin-post-election-night-debrief/#more-114733

Wisconsin Post Election Night Debrief…
Posted on April 6, 2016   by sundance

Great job Wisconsin.  All the campaign staff and volunteers should be proud of their accomplishments.  Team Trump winning 44 counties in the state, and Team Cruz winning 24 counties in the state.  [*There was one tie] ...

Poster's note:
Please go to the URL above to read the article -- to many graphics, etc., to post here.

Very interesting graphic regarding the counties of Wisconsin, and who won:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 03:42:26 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Wisconsin Post Election Night Debrief…
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 04:22:21 pm »
Trump did well, considering the GOPe went all out to defeat him.  He's got a path to victory, and the window of opportunity for his opponent is narrowing considerably - really against the odds from here on out.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 04:43:35 pm »
Path to 1237 :

Trump=tough

Cruz=almost impossible

Most probable outcome:

A Trump-Cruz ticket

They make the deal in a backroom, wherein Trump

commits to Ted he will serve just one term.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 04:52:47 pm »
At this point Cruz has to be considered the slight favorite to get the nomination.  Trump cannot get to 1237 first ballot votes.  After that, his vote count goes down with each new ballot. 

For reasons I cannot explain, Trump seems to not want to prepare himself to be president.  He is like a 2-year old who refuses to be toilet trained.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2016, 05:12:38 pm »
Path to 1237 :

Trump=tough

Cruz=almost impossible

Most probable outcome:

A Trump-Cruz ticket

Agree somewhat! CRUZ has to know he is the RINOGOPe tool and being used. If he succeeds they will dump him immediately and he has to realize that. If the convention is brokered CRUZ has to know he will not be the candidate. he knows more than most the RINOGOPe cannot be trusted and he is not the fair hair boy. JEB is ! Anyway one looks at it CRUZ is going to get F*****. IF TRUMP wins NY and CRUZ is out of it I think a deal is in the works. The RINOGOPe hates CRUZ BUT they fear TRUMP. Where we disagree or at least thinking different is TRUMP IMO will go 2 terms. The deal is he will financially support CRUZ for his run at the POTUS to succeed him because the RINOGOPe will be so pissed at CRUZ in 8 years that they will not give him the DONOR access. CRUZ needs the money to run and if something is in the works like this CRUZ better realize what the real world is all about. JMO and it is as crazy as the election season has been.  :silly: :beer:

PS: Thanks again Alice & RIV for this site TCG!. Great to read and learn from the group on here and not have to fight a war with the HATERS every time one post.  :beer:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 05:25:51 pm by Longiron »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 05:20:21 pm »
At this point Cruz has to be considered the slight favorite to get the nomination.  Trump cannot get to 1237 first ballot votes.  After that, his vote count goes down with each new ballot. 

For reasons I cannot explain, Trump seems to not want to prepare himself to be president.  He is like a 2-year old who refuses to be toilet trained.

I think Cruz is "growing" on the establishment types who run the nomination machine.  His caricature as a loose cannon/bomb thrower is being deconstructed day by day.

The guys who do politics for a living like to see an organized ground game and a predictably professional candidate. 

Cruz is stepping up to that job.

The Limbaugh theorem of some RINO parachuting into the slot is wrong in my opinion.   

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 05:28:20 pm »
Path to 1237 :

Trump=tough

Cruz=almost impossible

Most probable outcome:

A Trump-Cruz ticket

There is ZERO chance of a Trump/Cruz ticket.  Too much ego and animus between those two men.

Now ... if Trump went in front of the New York media and made a pledge to name Ted Cruz as a Supreme Court Justice should he win the office?   That would be important to me and that promise alone would cement my support for The Donald should he win the nomination. 

That would be an "Art of the Deal" I could really get behind.  I think the SCOTUS appointment is a more vital historic event than the POTUS election.   We cannot survive another Lefty on that Court.    Might as well just burn the Constitution opening session.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 05:45:09 pm »
There is ZERO chance of a Trump/Cruz ticket.  Too much ego and animus between those two men.

Now ... if Trump went in front of the New York media and made a pledge to name Ted Cruz as a Supreme Court Justice should he win the office?   That would be important to me and that promise alone would cement my support for The Donald should he win the nomination. 

That would be an "Art of the Deal" I could really get behind.  I think the SCOTUS appointment is a more vital historic event than the POTUS election.   We cannot survive another Lefty on that Court.    Might as well just burn the Constitution opening session.

Isn't that illegal?  To offer a position in return for support?

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 06:33:27 pm »

PS: Thanks again Alice & RIV for this site TCG!. Great to read and learn from the group on here and not have to fight a war with the HATERS every time one post.  :beer:

This thread has been freed from your litlle echo chamber.  Put your big boy pants on and come out and play.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 06:42:15 pm »

I would never support Rump under any circumstances, I don't care what he promises.

HIs chance of winning the general is the same as everyone in this thread winning the lottery at once, so it won't happen anyway.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 06:48:23 pm »
Isn't that illegal?  To offer a position in return for support?

I'm not sure but those are the deals that are cut every day.  Hillary got the SoS gig to enrich the piggish Clinton Foundation as long as she capitulated to Obama and Jarrett, Rice, Rhodes and the rest of his Marxist advisers.

Wasn't Trump going to provide a short list of his SCOTUS candidates?   They're probably being audited like his Tax returns so unavailable at present.

And, I really do think this SCOTUS pick has more historical import than a four or eight year stint as POTUS.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 06:54:23 pm »
I would never support Rump under any circumstances, I don't care what he promises.

HIs chance of winning the general is the same as everyone in this thread winning the lottery at once, so it won't happen anyway.

You are 100% correct but I am digging WAY deep to find any reason to cast a vote for him should he emerge as the GOP nominee.

Actually - or as Newt says ad nauseum "Frankly" - I could never cast a vote for Hillary under any circumstance.

I'd be hit and killed by a huge block of frozen urine/feces dropped from an overhead 777 leaving the polling place.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:55:46 pm by ArneFufkin »

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:56 pm »
The deaded death by 'Blue Ice"  Crappy way to go.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2016, 07:23:04 pm »
There's probably as much of a possibility that Mr. Trump will "make a deal" with Kasich (for the VP slot), in exchange for the delegates needed to go "over the top".

I wouldnt state that Mr. Trump can't win outright with 1237 delegates at this point. It's still within the realm of possibility for him.

That winning number IS NOT within reach of Mr. Cruz or Mr. Kasich.

The New York primary is next week and it looks like Trump will win easily there, perhaps with a vote total of over 50% in which case he will take just about all the NY delegates.

Ted Cruz is running a "poor third" in NY.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2016, 07:25:19 pm »
There's probably as much of a possibility that Mr. Trump will "make a deal" with Kasich (for the VP slot), in exchange for the delegates needed to go "over the top".

I wouldnt state that Mr. Trump can't win outright with 1237 delegates at this point. It's still within the realm of possibility for him.

That winning number IS NOT within reach of Mr. Cruz or Mr. Kasich.

The New York primary is next week and it looks like Trump will win easily there, perhaps with a vote total of over 50% in which case he will take just about all the NY delegates.

Ted Cruz is running a "poor third" in NY.

Are Kashich's pledged delegates allowed to vote for anyone other Kasich on the first ballot?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 07:28:30 pm »
The deaded death by 'Blue Ice"  Crappy way to go.

I have given my friends and family carte blanche to laugh at my funeral if I die in that kind of way. 

Outside of the death ... it's kinda funny.