Author Topic: Hillary is channeling Roger B. Taney  (Read 335 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary is channeling Roger B. Taney
« on: April 06, 2016, 12:58:15 pm »
April 6, 2016
Hillary is channeling Roger B. Taney
By Richard F. Miniter

I don’t believe anybody has commented on the fact that Hillary Clinton’s confirmation of the liberal belief that an “unborn person doesn't have constitutional rights” eerily resembles U.S. Supreme Court chief justice Roger B. Taney’s majority opinion in Dred Scott when he said blacks “had no rights which the white man was bound to respect.”

Because this is what liberals are about.  Whether it’s 1857 or 2016, Democrats believe that some people don’t have any rights and some more than their share.  Children who survive abortion have zero rights in the liberal view and so may be killed by being left to die in hospital storerooms, while the women wearing left-wing haloes because they’re intent on destroying their babies have their “reproductive” rights violated by having to travel an extra few miles to an abortion clinic.  Environmentalists seeking to reverse the Industrial Revolution by embracing bad science have any number of rights, including the right to be lionized in Hollywood films, while coal miners laboring beneath the earth in order to keep us warm have only the right to be despised.  Men either strangely deluded or simply voyeuristic have the right to enter a girls’ bathroom if they say they’re really girls, but innocent and actual girls themselves have no right to protection from them.  Persons on the public dole have the right to a certain income, housing, and free food, while working stiffs tending to vote Republican have only the right to pay for it while scrambling for their own families’ income, housing, and groceries.  The House of Representatives and the Senate have the right to their private gold-plated medical plans, while the rest of us have only the right to Obamacare.   

With the liberal, it’s always about working to disenfranchise one group while infusing another with virtue and privilege under the rubric of “fairness” so that they can finally and completely destroy the Bill of Rights and leave the left-wing elite alone to decide who gets what and why.

So yeah, Hillary, I get it: the unborn or just born have no rights, just as Trump has no right to speak on a college campus, just as a Christian baker has no right to religious liberty, just as I have no right to the light bulb or toilet or immigration policy I prefer.

Just as the blacks once had no rights, and the Southern Democrat slave owners had them all.

I get it.

A pox on you.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/04/hillary_is_channeling_roger_b_taney.html#ixzz453D5mJqy
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook