Author Topic: PayPal Pulls Plans in North Carolina Over Transgender Law  (Read 2220 times)

Offline sinkspur

PayPal Pulls Plans in North Carolina Over Transgender Law
« on: April 05, 2016, 03:39:55 pm »
http://fortune.com/2016/04/05/paypal-withdraws-plans-in-north-carolina/

by  Leena Rao  @leenarao  APRIL 5, 2016, 10:53 AM EDT

It’s about the law restricting which restroom transgender people can use.

PayPal is withdrawing plans to open an operations center in Charlotte, N.C., in reaction to the state overturning a local law that would have let transgender people use public bathrooms that match their gender identities.

Last week, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed House Bill 2, which prevents cities from protecting gay and bisexual people from discrimination, and specifically restricts transgender individuals’ rights to use restrooms and other facilities that don’t match their “biological sex.”

As PayPal CEO Dan Schulman wrote in a statement: “The new law perpetuates discrimination and it violates the values and principles that are at the core of PayPal’s mission and culture. As a result, PayPal  PYPL -0.72% will not move forward with our planned expansion into Charlotte.”
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: PayPal Pulls Plans in North Carolina Over Transgender Law
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 03:42:47 pm »
Should have just left it up to localities to be honest.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 03:51:54 pm »
Should have just left it up to localities to be honest.

Yep.  Now the whole state is going to suffer over this, a rule that applies to a less-than-one-half-of-one-percent of the population.

Some Republicans don't understand the concept of federalism, of allowing the government nearest the people to make the decision.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2016, 04:23:28 pm »
Paypal is in the wrong.  It is not discrimination in the way they mean it.  Male bathrooms are for males so, yes, they discriminate against females.  But that is common sense, not bigotry.

A locality may try to say that Mondays are now Fridays, but it doesn't make it true and the fact that the state would have to step in is their own fault, not the state's.

Once again, just as with homo marriage, federalism, local control, etc are being used to manipulate for a temporary win.  But the fact that Paypal is trying to force their personal preference is proof to the fraud.  The state is deciding.  It is state's rights.  The state as a whole finds it profoundly offensive to have opposite sex cross dressers in their restrooms with them.

If the cost of Paypal business includes surrender to the gaystapo left they I say who needs 'em.  Buzz off, PayPal.

This won't be the last business to do this.  I don't understand why a locale can't make a decision like this.  McCrory and his GOP buddies are likely to rue their knee-jerk action, given that Charlette is a convention destination.

Plus, I just don't get what the big deal is. Female plumbing won't let them stand at a urinal, and males in a female restroom will have to sit down anyway.

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »
This won't be the last business to do this.  I don't understand why a locale can't make a decision like this.  McCrory and his GOP buddies are likely to rue their knee-jerk action, given that Charlette is a convention destination.

Plus, I just don't get what the big deal is. Female plumbing won't let them stand at a urinal, and males in a female restroom will have to sit down anyway.

I think the transgender stuff is ridiculous, I just hate cultural battles like this. Now there's a big bruhaha with hashtags, idiots on Facebook and other social media. Liberalism thrives on stupid people shouting loudly.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 06:14:12 pm »
Last week, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed House Bill 2, which prevents cities from protecting gay and bisexual people from discrimination, and specifically restricts transgender individuals’ rights to use restrooms and other facilities that don’t match their “biological sex.”

That's some twisted language there.  I guess they had to write it that way to either make it incomprehensible or to make it sound like the the Governor and Legislature were doing something bad.  Or, both.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 06:19:49 pm »
To most people, women in particular, it is a big deal.  I get that it is not a big deal to everyone.  But everyone must share the same bathroom setup.  Why cater to the feelings of less than 1% while offending the feelings of over 50%?.

Localities can make stupid decisions but when they do, they might be overridden by the state.  That's the way it goes. 

As for businesses butting in, I don't understand the argument that strong arming from businesses is fine but having the state government weigh in is not fine.  If a business is so offended by a state insisting that men use the men's room and women use the women's room and that "men" be defined as those with male body parts and male DNA, etc.....then the business is run by a bunch of fruitcakes and who needs 'em.  There are other businesses who will welcome sanity.  Let California stay home to the lunatics.

Thank you for standing up for women, RAT Patrol.  Yes.  It IS a big deal, because it puts us a greater risk if we need to use a public bathroom.  It interferes with raising children morally.  It interferes with the few of us left who still maintain a modicum of modesty.

The government has NO right to deliberately put women at risk to support the agenda of a tiny few.  NO right.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2016, 07:08:34 pm »
Well, this law forces those men/women who've had a sex-change to use their original bathrooms.

So women will see 'men' in the ladies room... and 'women' will be sitting down in the men's restroom.

It's now the law.

It should have been left up to the localities, with wiggle room based off current external appearance.

---

Not that this is a huge number of people, though.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 07:09:02 pm by HonestJohn »

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2016, 10:28:18 pm »
Rat Patrol noted above:
"If the cost of Paypal business includes surrender to the gaystapo left they I say who needs 'em.  Buzz off, PayPal."

Right you are, man.

Tell PayPal to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Let them go wherever they want. Buh-bye!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 10:29:56 pm »
Weird wrote above:
"I think the transgender stuff is ridiculous, I just hate cultural battles like this..."

If you're unwilling to fight the "cultural battles like this", you'd better be satisfied with LOSING "the culture".

Your choice, my friend!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2016, 11:03:47 pm »
http://fortune.com/2016/04/05/paypal-withdraws-plans-in-north-carolina/

by  Leena Rao  @leenarao  APRIL 5, 2016, 10:53 AM EDT

As PayPal CEO Dan Schulman wrote in a statement: “The new law perpetuates discrimination and it violates the values and principles that are at the core of PayPal’s mission and culture. As a result, PayPal  PYPL -0.72% will not move forward with our planned expansion into Charlotte.”

What about the rights of the majority ,you scum-sucking SOB?

Now that you have declared that PayPals mission and culture is to create a freaking leftist police state where the rights of a tiny minority overpower the rights of the vast majority,I encourage ever other PP used to do what I just did,and cancel their PP accounts and vow to never use PP again.

Not only that,but send them letters,emails,and telephone calls to let them know why you are doing this. These billionaire MoFo's tend to forget they owe their safe and protected lifestyles to those of us they are dictating to on political matters,and need this reminder.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2016, 11:05:33 pm »
Yep.  Now the whole state is going to suffer over this, a rule that applies to a less-than-one-half-of-one-percent of the population.

Some Republicans don't understand the concept of federalism, of allowing the government nearest the people to make the decision.

He's not a Republican. He's a billionaire business owner.

I hope he and PP are hammered the first time a child molester takes advantage of this to rape and murder a child.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2016, 11:09:03 pm »

The Billionaire Left are using this as a "cause celeb" to promote Bubbette! Clinton and punish anyone that wants to stand up to the Borg.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2016, 11:12:46 pm »

Once again, just as with homo marriage, federalism, local control, etc are being used to manipulate for a temporary win.  But the fact that Paypal is trying to force their personal preference is proof to the fraud.  The state is deciding.  It is state's rights.  The state as a whole finds it profoundly offensive to have opposite sex cross dressers in their restrooms with them.

If the cost of Paypal business includes surrender to the gaystapo left they I say who needs 'em.  Buzz off, PayPal.

Yup,just wait until some airhead that swells up with pride over being so "open-minded and progressive" over this crap has to face the reality of walking their female child past the weenie wavers LEGALLY "shaking it down"  in front of their child at a urinal,and the reality of what they supported dawns on them.

BOYCOTT PAYPAL,and do it NOW!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2016, 11:16:38 pm »
Yup,just wait until some airhead that swells up with pride over being so "open-minded and progressive" over this crap has to face the reality of walking their female child past the weenie wavers LEGALLY "shaking it down"  in front of their child at a urinal,and the reality of what they supported dawns on them.

You don't say things with the kind of decorum I prefer, but you certainly do boil it down to the truth!

If people don't realize that this "progressive" garbage is dangerous to women and children, in more ways than one, they need to think again.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2016, 11:17:30 pm »

>>Last week, North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory signed House Bill 2, which prevents cities from protecting gay and bisexual people from discrimination, and specifically restricts transgender individuals’ rights to use restrooms and other facilities that don’t match their “biological sex.”<<

That's some twisted language there.  I guess they had to write it that way to either make it incomprehensible or to make it sound like the the Governor and Legislature were doing something bad.  Or, both.

Exactly. Suddenly is is just peachy-keen to discriminate against the majority in order to protect the non-existent alleged "rights" of a very tiny minority.

BOYCOTT PAYPAL,AND BOYCOTT THEM NOW!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2016, 11:20:57 pm »

Thank you for posting that.

Now,let's rub it in their faces in public.

BOYCOTT PAYPAL,AND DO IT NOW!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 11:21:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2016, 11:21:18 pm »

Not going to happen .the Security and bodyguards that protect the liberal elite will not let these freaks within 600 ft of a liberals family member
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2016, 11:22:31 pm »

Do women's restrooms have stand-up urinals? 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2016, 11:29:30 pm »
Exactly. Suddenly is is just peachy-keen to discriminate against the majority in order to protect the non-existent alleged "rights" of a very tiny minority.

BOYCOTT PAYPAL,AND BOYCOTT THEM NOW!

How are you gonna know? 

Female transgenders can't stand at the urinals so they'll have to go in the stalls,and male transgenders don't have any urinals to stand at so they'll have to go in the stalls. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2016, 11:34:05 pm »
Do women's restrooms have stand-up urinals?

No,but there won't be any women's restrooms. Or even men's restrooms. As soon as this becomes accepted law,new businesses will save money by only having one rest room that everybody can use. When that happens,there will be urinals in the Unisex rest rooms.

BTW,I once saw the bride using a urinal in a mens rest room in a bar I used to go to on the night she got married. Too many women lined up for the one stool in the women's rest room,so she came into the men's rest room,hiked her skirt up,and took care of business. Yeah,I knew her and her husband. Women have no luck using the "trough" urinals,but have no problem using the "single user" urinal if they are tall enough.

Although I did see a woman drop her trousers and back up to a trough urinal one night at a bar where Jesse Colin Young was playing. She even added a few comments after glancing to the left and right of her. Probably early 20's. Saw her leaving the bar later with a guy in his 60's,and figured he was in deep,deep trouble.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 11:36:25 pm »
How are you gonna know? 

Female transgenders can't stand at the urinals so they'll have to go in the stalls,and male transgenders don't have any urinals to stand at so they'll have to go in the stalls.

BTW,in case I wasn't clear enough,you aren't "getting it". There will be NO restrooms dedicated for use by either gender. It's multiple choice all the way. Anybody can,and will,go anywhere they want.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 11:40:34 pm »
BTW,in case I wasn't clear enough,you aren't "getting it". There will be NO restrooms dedicated for use by either gender. It's multiple choice all the way. Anybody can,and will,go anywhere they want.

I don't think that's going to be true, but, even if true, it's just not that big a deal.  How much time do you spend in a public restroom?

• Technical
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2016, 11:43:56 pm »
I don't think that's going to be true, but, even if true, it's just not that big a deal.  How much time do you spend in a public restroom?

Welp, we're all men. I don't think it's as big of a deal as it the other way (men in formerly female-only areas).