Author Topic: Refugee backers switch after hearing Mark Steyn. 'I draw the line at the 3-year-old getting raped'  (Read 496 times)

rangerrebew

Refugee backers switch after hearing Mark Steyn
'I draw the line at the 3-year-old getting raped'
Published: 6 hours ago

Mark Steyn delivered a stinging rebuke of the progressive stance on mass migration of mostly male Muslim refugees into Europe at a recent debate in Toronto.

Steyn faced off April 1 with opponents in the Spring Munk Debates on the issue of refugee resettlement and whether Western countries should welcome thousands of Muslims from the Middle East and Africa.

The Munk Debates, founded by Peter Munk, allow the audience to pick the winners based on online voting. When the dust had settled, Steyn’s team was declared the winner. The scores are based on how many viewers report their positions being changed on the issue from pro to con or vice versa.

When the debate started, 77 percent of viewers reported being in favor of refugee resettlement as put forth by the Emma Lazarus poem on the Statue of Liberty: “Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.”

By the end of the debate, only 55 percent agreed with that position and the “cons” moved from 23 percent to 45 percent.

Steyn, author several books including “America Alone: The End of the World As We Know It,” teamed up with U.K. Independence Party leader Nigel Farage to debate former U.N. Human Rights Commissioner Louise Arbour of Canada and Columbia University history professor Simon Schama.

After Steyn described the culture of rape against women being imported by Germany, Sweden, France and Belgium, among other countries, rattling off statistics and anecdotes that included a child as young as 3 being raped in Germany, Schama accused him of being “obsessed with sex.”

The audience broke into laughter.

Arbour accused Steyn and Farage of being “new-born feminists” for their focus on sexual assaults against women.

Steyn delivered a rebuttal that saw Arbour shaking her head like a dazed fighter who’d just been hit with a right hook.

“I’m slightly amazed at our colleague’s ability to get big laughs on gang rape,” Steyn said. “Madam Arbour scoffs at the newfound feminists over here. I’m not much of a feminist but I draw the line at the 3-year-old getting raped and the 7-year-old getting gang-raped in a basement. And when Simon tells us that ‘oh we’re all obsessed with sex,’ and maybe we don’t get enough action in the Toronto singles bars.

“Madam Arbour, as she said, is a feminist of a certain generation, and those feminists were very clear, as Madam Arbour was very clear (with a study of rape) in Sudan, that rape is not about sex, whatever Simon may say. Rape is about power, which is what Madam Arbour says.”

Watch video clip of Mark Steyn delivering knock-out blow to Louise Arbour and Simon Schama at Munk Debate in Toronto.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/refugee-backers-switch-after-hearing-this-speaker/#QHB43Tgh2gwboZ4l.99