Author Topic: 3 Types of Trump Supporters, And Why They Defend Trump's Lies  (Read 2699 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: 3 Types of Trump Supporters, And Why They Defend Trump's Lies
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 01:44:17 am »
I see no evidence of that. All elections since '08 have Rats losing big time and being replaced by more conservative GOPers. As a matter of fact all the at risk seats this election cycle are the moderate squishes who claimed they were Tea Party/Conservative and then went full RINO. Just look at Elmers and Ayotte for tangible proof.
Yet in 2014, with the exception of Dave Brat, it was the liberal and "moderate" Republicans who cleaned house in the primaries. Lindsey Graham outdrew seven competitors COMBINED. Thad Cochran over Chris McDaniel. Mitch McConnell over Matt Bevin.

Plus, note that the higher the voter turnout, the more liberal the votes tend to turn out.

This country's veering left, very quickly—social media has allowed them to have a view of how Europe does things and they see us getting mocked, so they want to be cool and do things their way because it's supposedly so much better over there.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 3 Types of Trump Supporters, And Why They Defend Trump's Lies
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 01:47:19 am »
I looked at the title of this article (posted by you-know-who, of course) wondering, "why would I want to read this?"

So I skimmed down a bit, until I saw it.
Saw it there in bold type:
"The Burn-It-All-Down Crowd."

Hey!
That's ME!
Yup, as of late, that describes me quite well.

An old friend I worked with for years called me up a couple of days ago, and the conversation turned to Mr. Trump.
I tried my best to put forth an analogy. Of course I'm no writer and much worse a speaker, but it went like this:

Imagine D.C. and the people who run the place (both elected and UNelected) as an edifice that just keeps being built taller and taller and taller. Doesn't matter which party is in power. Republicans or 'rats, that governmental wall just keeps gettin' raised higher and higher. Similar to a "civilian, political" version of what Dwight Eisenhower called "the military-industrial complex" in his farewell speech.

I sense that whatever else he's able to do or not do, Donald Trump is going to directly or indirectly do things that are going to knock away at this edifice and what's inside. Like a raging bull in a china shop, he's going to break a lot of stuff, maybe even go so far as to "damage the system".

I told my friend that with a bit of luck, he'll inflict enough damage so that 1) it will no longer be growing higher, and 2) that whatever resources the D.C. establishment have left will be used up trying to repair the damage.

And that's just fine for guys like my friend and me.

So, yep!
Count me in with the "burn it down! knock it down!" crowd.
When it comes to the D.C. establishment -- which is comprised EQUALLY of democrats and Republicans -- I want to see an elected anarchist with a vocal sledgehammer have at 'em!

Who was it who said that the government that governs least, governs best?

Tear down that "edifice", and we have a chance of seeing that again.

Keep goin' the way we're goin', and you'll only see that with the same solution the Colonists resorted to....

Once again, for your enjoyment,
Fishrrman at his keyboard: