Author Topic: Clinton: Republicans Are Attacking ‘Every Right We’ve Got’  (Read 295 times)

rangerrebew

Clinton: Republicans Are Attacking ‘Every Right We’ve Got’
Posted By David Rutz On April 1, 2016 @ 3:56 pm In Politics | No Comments

Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton got fairly hyperbolic on the campaign trail Friday afternoon, telling a Syracuse, New York crowd that the Republicans are going after “every right we’ve got.”

“But if you listen to the Republicans, they are going after every right we’ve got, right?” Clinton said. “They’re after civil rights, women’s rights. They’re after gay rights and workers’ rights. They’re after the rights of people with disabilities. They’re after all of them. So I want you to know where I stand. I will defend a woman’s right to make her own health care decision.”

Clinton has focused on abortion in recent days after GOP frontrunner Donald Trump said there should be a “punishment” for women who obtained illicit abortions were they to be banned under his administration.

Curiously, during the same rally, she decried the partisanship of the race and said she did not want to get into an us-versus-them mentality during the campaign. Rather, Clinton said Republicans were constantly against things and needed to show what they would actually do were they to be president.

She has drawn heat in the past for extreme rhetoric about the GOP. Clinton received especially sharp criticism when she likened Republicans to “terrorist groups” for their “extreme views about women” during an event last year in Ohio.

“Now, extreme views about women, we expect that from some of the terrorist groups. We expect that from people who don’t want to live in the modern world. But it’s a little hard to take coming from Republicans who want to be the president of the United States,” Clinton said.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/politics/clinton-republicans-every-right/