Author Topic: Trump 4th statement on abortion: 'Abortion is murder but don't change the law. Leave it the way it is."  (Read 14031 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You know as well as I, that not that many weeks ago it was the Trumpsters that dominated the politics thread, with Happy2beMe starting topic after topic often filling a page with his threads, and you, DC, Longiron, and a few others jumping-in heavily on any conversation going south on Trump, driving the "Trump haters" off the thread your goal.      And now the Tables have turned and some of those earlier mentioned Trumpsters are rarely heard from again and you don't like it. At least one, maybe more are no longer Trump supporters after a couple of bad weeks.  But don't blame this forum, blame Trump for the more sensible not Freeper-like path this forum seems to now be going down.

:amen:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

HonestJohn

You know as well as I, that not that many weeks ago it was the Trumpsters that dominated the politics thread, with Happy2beMe starting topic after topic often filling a page with his threads, and you, DC, Longiron, and a few others jumping-in heavily on any conversation going south on Trump, driving the "Trump haters" off the thread your goal.      And now the Tables have turned and some of those earlier mentioned Trumpsters are rarely heard from again and you don't like it. At least one, maybe more are no longer Trump supporters after a couple of bad weeks.  But don't blame this forum, blame Trump for the more sensible not Freeper-like path this forum seems to now be going down.

Good post.

---

Of course... only one faction was demanding that everyone who did not comply with their views be purged from this site.  Based off the post you responded to, I see they are still upset that they couldn't "ZOT" people, but had to argue their candidate based on merit.  Strangely enough, though, they have removed themselves to their own fantasy land instead of doing so.

This inability to persuasively argue the merits of their candidate, their desire to silence debate, their hounding of posters with innuendo and personal attacks, their destructive wish to 'blow up the GOP', and their use of propaganda (fortunately noted and publicized for all to see) from outright hate sites is, to me, a betrayal of every single principle of conservatism as espoused since Buckley came on the scene.

In essence, this looks like the 1930's era conservatism of Charles Lindbergh.

I see that a segment of GOP primary voters prefer that over Buckley's version.  And frankly, it's a horrifying sight to see.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 06:01:16 pm by HonestJohn »

A-Lert

NOW you want details?

Where are your demands for details when that giant gasbag with the orange hair makes vague claims about his alleged "plans"?

Hypocrite much?

If you can't provide them just say so. Any blowhard  can make allegations.

Online Lando Lincoln

I shall endeavor to voice my opinions based on my reality. If it happens to differ or comport with others, it is simply that.

I am one who is not taken with the front runner. In my case, his words regarding the events in Wisconsin severed or smashed any hope of that. To me, that is a tangible and supportable conclusion based on my own cognitive abilities. That it aligns with others here is fine. That it doesn't is fine too. If you wish to express agreement with me, or raise counterpoints for me to consider, well then... We have a forum.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline NavyCanDo

Good post.

---

Of course... only one faction was demanding that everyone who did not comply with their views be purged from this site.  Based off the post you responded to, I see they are still upset that they couldn't "ZOT" people, but had to argue their candidate based on merit.  Strangely enough, though, they have removed themselves to their own fantasy land instead of doing so.

This inability to persuasively argue the merits of their candidate, their desire to silence debate, their hounding of posters with innuendo and personal attacks, their destructive wish to 'blow up the GOP', and their use of propaganda (fortunately noted and publicized for all to see) from outright hate sites is, to me, a betrayal of every single principle of conservatism as espoused since Buckley came on the scene.

I see that a segment of GOP primary voters prefer that over Buckley's version.  And frankly, it's a horrifying sight to see.

:thumbsup:         Highly Insightful commentary. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Good post.

---

Good post.

I admire elegance.

Whether that elegance be casual and unintended but inwardly born, whether it's the breathtaking delicate elegance of Gershwin's più mosso piano solo about two minutes onto his Rhapsody in Blue, or the elegance of thought succinctly delivered with effortless clarity and economy by the likes of Buckley and Friedman.

Fred Astaire.

Duke Ellington.

It was the elegance and logic of conservative thinking that made me a conservative. It's what I believe to be the essence of conservatism; an ideology based on logic, not visceral reactions.

There is no real elegance in politics today, not since Reagan. Talks of a better place, a shining city on a hill are gone. Today's politics, this cycle anyway, are vulgar and mean-spirited, driven by anger, resentment and fear. Not hope, but rather hopelessness.Trump and Hillary are two sides of the same coin. Inelegant stirrers of base emotions, there are no shining cities in their minds. Nothing shines more than they do.

There are no Gershwins or Buckleys or Friedmans or Astaires or Ellingtons left in America.

It's a sad, inelegant nation.

It's my nation, and I cry for her, but it is a sorrowful shadow of its better days, and we own that.

No one individual will ever bring that back.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 07:04:50 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

A-Lert

"He is not only unqualified for the office, but unworthy of it."

Your opinion. He's a smart successful CEO who gets things done.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

So is Jay Z.

He's not qualified or worthy of the office either.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline NavyCanDo

So is George Soros. In fact Soros is six-times more wealthy than Trump and owns far more assets, and has made far more deals with politicians.  Does that make him worthy and qualified?   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

So is Jay Z.

He's not qualified or worthy of the office either.

What is Jay Z?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

A-Lert

So is George Soros. In fact Soros is six-times more wealthy than Trump and owns far more assets, and has made far more deals with politicians.  Does that make him worthy and qualified?   

Soros isn't eligible. He holds dual citizenship.

A-Lert

It's not my job to educate you.

Didn't claim it was. I find the anti-Trumps to be the most discourteous posters here. I've been instructed to "find it yourself", "look it up", etc. Why is that?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Didn't claim it was. I find the anti-Trumps to be the most discourteous posters here. I've been instructed to "find it yourself", "look it up", etc. Why is that?

Oh, please!

Next you'll be demanding a safe space and that everyone put their chalk away.

A-Lert

Oh, please!

Next you'll be demanding a safe space and that everyone put their chalk away.

If the questions are too difficult, I can try to make them easier for you.

Bill Cipher

How does being a CEO ipso facto qualify him for elective office?  That is a non sequitur. 

Bill Cipher

Because we all assume you're grown up enough to know how to use the search function.  Sorry if you find being treated like an adult offensive. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

Good post.

I admire elegance.

Whether that elegance be casual and unintended but inwardly born, whether it's the breathtaking delicate elegance of Gershwin's più mosso piano solo about two minutes onto his Rhapsody in Blue, or the elegance of thought succinctly delivered with effortless clarity and economy by the likes of Buckley and Friedman.

Fred Astaire.

Duke Ellington.

It was the elegance and logic of conservative thinking that made me a conservative. It's what I believe to be the essence of conservatism; an ideology based on logic, not visceral reactions.

There is no real elegance in politics today, not since Reagan. Talks of a better place, a shining city on a hill are gone. Today's politics, this cycle anyway, are vulgar and mean-spirited, driven by anger, resentment and fear. Not hope, but rather hopelessness.Trump and Hillary are two sides of the same coin. Inelegant stirrers of base emotions, there are no shining cities in their minds. Nothing shines more than they do.

There are no Gershwins or Buckleys or Friedmans or Astaires or Ellingtons left in America.

It's a sad, inelegant nation.

It's my nation, and I cry for her, but it is a sorrowful shadow of its better days, and we own that.

No one individual will ever bring that back.

It is a sad state of affairs, and indeed a tragic one when a once great nation loses its foundational moorings and succumbs to timeless human temptations.

What makes such temptations timeless is human nature itself, temporary mastery over which is provided only by concerted individual effort, a shared love of truth and eternal values, and a willingness to demand more not of others, but of ourselves. 

America was once a nation many more of whose citizens that would have instantly recognized Donald Trump for what he is: a man unquestionably talented in business and in the political art of self-promotion, but lacking in any moral or intellectual center. He appeals to a segment of the populace angered and discomfited by their perceived powerlessness, often rightly so, as America has come to be dominated by a professional political class whose interests long ago diverged from their own.

Those possessed of a more traditional conservative intellectual foundation would - and do - offer as a solution a return to the values that once led America to sunnier pastures, which involve a good deal of self-reflection, and not a small amount of pain and personal sacrifice. For his part, Trump chooses the easier road: promising greatness without effort, while denying the American people's own culpability for their present condition. Too many of us want something for nothing, and vote for those who offer it in the greatest profusion.

We have met the enemy and he's looking right back at us in the mirror. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
If the questions are too difficult, I can try to make them easier for you.

Generally speaking, that's the tone of most of your responses in the forum, which makes your whining about being mistreated by others sadly comical and rather hypocritical.

Have a nice day.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

It is a sad state of affairs, and indeed a tragic one when a once great nation loses its foundational moorings and succumbs to timeless human temptations.

What makes such temptations timeless is human nature itself, temporary mastery over which is provided only by concerted individual effort, a shared love of truth and eternal values, and a willingness to demand more not of others, but of ourselves. 

America was once a nation many more of whose citizens that would have instantly recognized Donald Trump for what he is: a man unquestionably talented in business and in the political art of self-promotion, but lacking in any moral or intellectual center. He appeals to a segment of the populace angered and discomfited by their perceived powerlessness, often rightly so, as America has come to be dominated by a professional political class whose interests long ago diverged from their own.

Those possessed of a more traditional conservative intellectual foundation would - and do - offer as a solution a return to the values that once led America to sunnier pastures, which involve a good deal of self-reflection, and not a small amount of pain and personal sacrifice. For his part, Trump chooses the easier road: promising greatness without effort, while denying the American people's own culpability for their present condition. Too many of us want something for nothing, and vote for those who offer it in the greatest profusion.

We have met the enemy and he's looking right back at us in the mirror.

Good post.

Great graphic.

A-Lert

Generally speaking, that's the tone of most of your responses in the forum, which makes your whining about being mistreated by others sadly comical and rather hypocritical.

Have a nice day.

Pointing out what is factual, isn't whining or hypocritical.   :seeya:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Have a nice day.
I kind of like A-Lert.  At least he has the balls or stubborn ignorance to argue for Trump when many have gone silent of late.  I'm not enamored of his debate technique...it reminds me of a Monty Python skit...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hAq9ro7StU
but at least he is making a case for Trump so I don't need to wade through TOS.

A-Lert

I kind of like A-Lert.  At least he has the balls or stubborn ignorance to argue for Trump when many have gone silent of late.  I'm not enamored of his debate technique...it reminds me of a Monty Python skit...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hAq9ro7StU
but at least he is making a case for Trump so I don't need to wade through TOS.

When are all you whining anti-Trumps going to post enthusiastic articles about your favorite candidates? Any photos or information about their campaign rallies and exuberant crowds?  :silly:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

When are all you whining anti-Trumps going to post enthusiastic articles about your favorite candidates?
The minute my prayers for a debilitating Trump stroke are answered...

and 9 posts ago
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,200923.msg828993.html#msg828993

A-Lert