Author Topic: Trump 4th statement on abortion: 'Abortion is murder but don't change the law. Leave it the way it is."  (Read 14014 times)

A-Lert

Trump's gotta talk about Bill Clinton because he's such a bleeping idiot himself on policy issues.
After the way Trump has treated women in the last two weeks
He'll be lucky if any of Bill's victims will be seen on the same stage with him

Not Bill, Hillary. The enabler and destroyer. Try to focus and  keep up.

Offline sinkspur

Not Bill, Hillary. The enabler and destroyer. Try to focus and  keep up.

Good luck with that.
Do you realize how unpopular Trump is with women?  Maybe you don't.
But it's historic.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

Good luck with that.
Do you realize how unpopular Trump is with women?  Maybe you don't.
But it's historic.

I know how unpopular Hillary is and the numbers are growing. Trump has been demonized by the media exclusively. I can't wait for the  SHTF for Hillary,

Offline sinkspur

I know how unpopular Hillary is and the numbers are growing. Trump has been demonized by the media exclusively. I can't wait for the  SHTF for Hillary,

Hillary's numbers are NOT growing.  Trump's are.  He's lost 5 points with women in a week.
Trump has been sucked up to by the media like no other candidate.  He gets on whenever he wants.
That's his problem.  The more the country sees of him, the less they like him.

Offline sinkspur

Erick EricksonVerified account
‏@EWErickson

Trump went from wanting to jail women to not wanting to jail women to being pro-choice in less than 24 hours.

A-Lert

Hillary's numbers are NOT growing.  Trump's are.  He's lost 5 points with women in a week.
Trump has been sucked up to by the media like no other candidate.  He gets on whenever he wants.
That's his problem.  The more the country sees of him, the less they like him.

You're an anti-Trump propagandist. Do you work  for Hillary?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-and-hillary-clinton-viewed-unfavorably-by-majority-cbsnyt-poll/

More than half of voters have unfavorable views of Hillary Clinton

A-Lert

‏@EWErickson

Trump went from wanting to jail women to not wanting to jail women to being pro-choice in less than 24 hours.

Erik?  :mauslaff:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Why is it law?  The judicial branch is not the legislative branch.  It is followed as if it were law because the SCOTUS overstepped its authority.  We need to reset the boundaries of the federal government or this probably will go on and on and on.  It won't stop with the murder of unborn babies and the redefinition of marriage.  "Rights" not written in the Constitution have become harder to change than the ones that are there in black and white.  We better fight this battle or we will more and more live under a judicial oligarchy.  Kiss the Constitutional republic goodbye.

It's law because it disallows for laws that ban abortion by finding those laws unconstitutional. SCOTUS did NOT overstep their authority in Roe v. Wade any more than they did in Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc., Schuette v. Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action, or  National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) v. Noel Canning. A case was brought to them and they decided in favor of one party over the other. It's their Constitutional power to do so and what they're supposed to do.

Even if Roe were to be overturned, the issue would revert to the States and abortion would still be legal in the US, albeit with possibly less restrictions since more liberal States would naturally expand the existing parameters.

Roe is far too deeply rooted in our culture to go away. It's up to our culture, not the government, to fix the problem of excessive abortions.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:08:56 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

‏@EWErickson

How does anybody take Trump seriously?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Most do not. That is why he will never be President even if somehow he becomes the GOP nominee.   :beer:

Did you see this?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-trump-unpopularity-20160401-story.html
Donald Trump is now the least popular American politician in three decades

:smokin:Trump is leading the polls again.

Offline Frank Cannon

What scares me the most is that you can't pin this guy down on any issue. If he becomes President every day will be like Russian Roulette hoping he picks the right position on any given topic.

Offline NavyCanDo

What scares me the most is that you can't pin this guy down on any issue. If he becomes President every day will be like Russian Roulette hoping he picks the right position on any given topic.

That 3 AM phone call,   "Mr. President we have a huge problem.".  This is the last person I want making that decisions that could cost millions of lives.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

Steve BruskVerified account
‏@stevebruskCNN
Trump spokeswoman:"he will change the law through his judicial appointments and allow the states to protect the unborn.There is nothing new"

I can't wait for some interviewer to asking him about legislating from the bench.

I thought our side was against legislating from the bench..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Our side is against legislating from the bench only when the bench doesn't agree with our side.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:11:45 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline kevindavis007

Our side is against legislating from the bench only when the bench doesn't agree with our side.

That is true..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
He's taking every conceivable position on the subject to capture all the supporters. Not a bad policy. :)

Well,it has worked before.

Not with amateur pros that mostly nobody really likes,though.

The leftist media is waiting with "baited" breath for the primaries to be over so they can take the gloves off and really hammer his ignorant ass.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Can't wait for Trump's judges to declare him dictator for life, with no criticism allowed.

Offline kevindavis007

Can't wait for Trump's judges to declare him dictator for life, with no criticism allowed.

He won't win if he is the nominee.  Thankfully..

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why is it law?  The judicial branch is not the legislative branch.  It is followed as if it were law because the SCOTUS overstepped its authority.  We need to reset the boundaries of the federal government ....

Yes,we do,and no,it won't happen.  The way it is now is too convenient for the ruling class for them to ever allow it to change.

We have MAYBE 1 more presidential election remaining after this one,and after that one I am predicting they will quit pretending and just come out and declare themselves to be the new Ruling Royalty.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:45:34 pm by sneakypete »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Quote from: sinkspur

So, Trump now has a FIFTH position on abortion.

It's an interesting tactic really.   Voters can just pick the position they want to agree with.   I think I like Trump's fourth position,  not his fifth.

I agree with Fishrrman's post above.   The right to choose abortion is settled law.    Every woman of child-bearing age in this country has had that right for her entire life.
The pro-choice mantra is there's no turning back the clock.  That's a hard argument to counter, as a political matter.     

The pro-life movement is at its best when it confronts the moral bankruptcy of abortion,  and offers counsel and support to women faced with such a life-changing decision.   When it supports the banning of abortion,  it blunts the moral message by making the matter political.    But one person's murder is another's sacred liberty.  Better to attack abortion at the roots,  emphasizing persuasion,  prevention and support.   
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:29:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Adultery and sexual assault are entirely different issues. Wait til some of Bill's victims who Hillary attempted to destroy start speaking out. I can hardly contain my excitement. :silly:

Then you had better learn to contain it because the first time it is brought up the medial will (rightly)  proclaim that Bubba isn't the one running for President,Bubbette! is,it is old news,and that Bubba was never even charged,never mind convicted.

The majority of 'murikans didn't care about this when Bubba was president and it was still happening,what makes you think they will care now?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump's back on his obsession with Megyn Kelly:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  41m41 minutes ago
Is it possible for @megynkelly to cover anyone but Donald Trump on her terrible show. She totally misrepresents my words and positions! BAD.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  17m17 minutes ago
If @megynkelly stopped covering me on her show, her ratings would drop like a rock! My h to h interview with @AC360 beat her by millions!

Almost sounds like Trump is jealous because someone misrepresents him better than he does himself.

Online Lando Lincoln

Donald Trump has one and one only deeply held conviction.  Donald Trump.

I am seething, SEETHING over his stumping in Wisconsin.  I just ranted on another thread over that.  And this "position" is no different.  The guy spontaneously calculates a "what's-best-for-me" response.  He has no conviction.  What he says now has no connection to what he has said in the past.  But it will be big.  It will be beautiful.  Whatever it is.  Smartest, best... my derriere.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I don't think you know enough to be allowed to cross a street by yourself. Bubbette! has a solid lock on the "Whymen" crowd,and they hate Trump with a passion because he buys the trophy wives a lot of the covet themselves,but can't afford. Then he rubs their faces in it. Well,figuratively,anyhow. Not literally. Many of them would love having their faces rubbed in it literally.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 01:33:02 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
How does anybody take Trump seriously?

The same way they take Santa seriously. A deep NEED to believe somebody is going to give them what they want.