Author Topic: Trump:'Punish' Women for Abortions  (Read 6352 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Trump:'Punish' Women for Abortions
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2016, 12:54:31 am »
Punishment for the woman?  Abortion providers yes, but never the woman.  Even when states outlawed abortion prior to 1973 the woman was never punished for seeking an illegal abortion.

You think you're helping Trump with women arguing for punishing them for an abortion?

You are on your game tonight. Good answer.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2016, 12:55:18 am »
I have thought for quite sometime that Trump was merely a siphon for the DEMS; a stalking horse for Hillary.  With his comment about punishing women who have abortions, I am absolutely 100% positive.  In addition he is a bombastic, narcissistic, idiot!  There isn't a day that goes by anymore that Trump doesn't say or do something that is so inappropriate that it actually shocks me.  I'm to the point that I think that Trump would be a worse president than Hussein, in fact, I'm sure of it! I really didn't think anyone could be any worse for this country ... enter Donald J. Trump.

Something I have believed from the beginning..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2016, 01:00:37 am »

Reid J. Epstein
‏@reidepstein

Ben Carson says Trump mangled abortion Q because "I don't believe that he was warned that that question was coming."

Facepalm!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2016, 01:01:09 am »
Punishment for the woman?  Abortion providers yes, but never the woman.  Even when states outlawed abortion prior to 1973 the woman was never punished for seeking an illegal abortion.

You think you're helping Trump with women arguing for punishing them for an abortion?

If the woman makes the decision to break the law and there is no punishment involved, then the law is pointless. An abortion provider can't perform an abortion if there are no clients. Common sense. Why can't you comprehend that?

I don't GAS if I'm helping Trump or not. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2016, 01:02:03 am »

So let me get this straight, people raked Romney for not being pro life enough for not being a true pro life candidate?? Yet the same people are giving Trump a pass??

They are indeed.

And apparently giving up their own values and replacing them with his lack thereof....... 

It's disappointing, to say the least.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2016, 01:06:10 am »
Rich Lowry ‏@RichLowry  12m12 minutes ago

Can anyone have imagined this question six months ago? "Does your campaign have plans to mitigate violence among your supporters?"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online libertybele

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2016, 01:07:06 am »

I have thought for quite sometime that Trump was merely a siphon for the DEMS; a stalking horse for Hillary.

Time for the tinfoil hats!  :silly:

You laugh ...  it's not the first time I've been laughed at for making political comments only to have those people who laughed at me come back and apologize when it came to light that I was correct.  Carry on ...
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2016, 01:07:54 am »
I have thought for quite sometime that Trump was merely a siphon for the DEMS; a stalking horse for Hillary.  With his comment about punishing women who have abortions, I am absolutely 100% positive.  In addition he is a bombastic, narcissistic, idiot!  There isn't a day that goes by anymore that Trump doesn't say or do something that is so inappropriate that it actually shocks me.  I'm to the point that I think that Trump would be a worse president than Hussein, in fact, I'm sure of it! I really didn't think anyone could be any worse for this country ... enter Donald J. Trump.

I agree.  Look at the things he has said.  Look at the way he has behaved.

He has embodied the false narrative of a conservative from the standpoint of the left.  In every regard.

Now, with saying that women should be punished for abortions, he is once again presenting a 'conservative' as an unthinking, uncaring, awful individual.  The leftist stereotype, once again.

I don't know how anyone is missing who this terrible man is.  It is SO transparent, and yet, even here we see decent people defending the indefensible because of their loyalty to a total charlatan.

My only prayer is that he doesn't get anywhere near the nomination in Cleveland.  He needs to be put back in his box and forgotten........... though the damage he is doing to conservatism and all we have ever stood for will not be undone for decades.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2016, 01:09:18 am »
You laugh ...  it's not the first time I've been laughed at for making political comments only to have those people who laughed at me come back and apologize when it came to light that I was correct.  Carry on ...

Don't wait for that one to apologize.  He doesn't have it in him to do the right thing.....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2016, 01:10:32 am »

Reid J. Epstein
‏@reidepstein

Ben Carson says Trump mangled abortion Q because "I don't believe that he was warned that that question was coming."

Facepalm!

Poor Ben has completely lost it......   **nononono*

A-Lert

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2016, 01:10:59 am »
Rich Lowry ‏@RichLowry  12m12 minutes ago

Can anyone have imagined this question six months ago? "Does your campaign have plans to mitigate violence among your supporters?"

How about this; Do the demonrats and anti-Trump have plans to continue with hate and violence against the Trump campaign and supporters? How about those 15 year old protesters? What's with that?

Online libertybele

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2016, 01:13:34 am »

He has embodied the false narrative of a conservative from the standpoint of the left.  In every regard.

Now, with saying that women should be punished for abortions, he is once again presenting a 'conservative' as an unthinking, uncaring, awful individual.  The leftist stereotype, once again.

I don't know how anyone is missing who this terrible man is.  It is SO transparent, and yet, even here we see decent people defending the indefensible because of their loyalty to a total charlatan.

My only prayer is that he doesn't get anywhere near the nomination in Cleveland.  He needs to be put back in his box and forgotten........... though the damage he is doing to conservatism and all we have ever stood for will not be undone for decades.

IMHO, the conservative movement is alive and well and will only get stronger after Trump is gone...he won't be forgotten, and will be a reminder of how close we came to losing everything we've worked for ... I have faith that he will not be our nominee.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2016, 01:13:37 am »
Not as stupid and misleading as your post. If ever abortion becomes illegal, which nearly all agree is highly unlikely, some form of "punishment" certainly would be appropriate for breaking the law. Otherwise, a law is pointless.

Thank you A-Lert, Flowers, Rat Patrol and Right in Virginia!

If (and like you say, the likelihood is very slim) abortion is banned in the US - then, of course, there should be some type of punishment for the parties that broke the law.  What that would be, who knows? 

Just like there is a law now that people cannot come here illegally - but people do because no one enforces the law. 

My question to those of you that call yourselves "pro-life" - especially those who participate in marches, protests, etc......I always assumed the protest was to overthrow Roe v Wade and return the issue to the states.  Was I wrong about that?

If that happened, what would happen in those states that chose to make abortion illegal? 

Instead of saying, Trump gave an honest answer to a question - one that no professional politician would ever give - people that call themselves "conservative" are condemning him for it. 

I am pro-life.  I believe that abortion is the murder of an innocent baby.  Unlike Trump, I don't think there should be any exceptions made to that.  Murder is murder.  People that commit murder should be punished.

Victim of rape?  Report the crime immediately and be given the morning after pill so that you won't have to "suddenly" abort 3 months or more after you were raped. 

Same for incest - take the victim out of the home and arrest the animal that did it.  Why cover up these crimes by not reporting them immediately and taking action to assure there will be no pregnancy to have to abort?  If the victim is too frightened to report it and ends up pregnant - that is a tragedy.  Too many adults take a child for an abortion to cover up and to keep from traumatizing her more.  What about the trauma of living your life knowing you had your baby killed?  Two wrongs don't make a right.  Adoption, not abortion.

Life of the mother?  Fine, but do try to save the baby if possible!  Sometimes you can't, it's too early - but don't you think if you have to shove a pair of scissors into the baby's spine - the baby might could have been saved?

Let's not even get into the practice of harvesting the dead baby's parts to sell to the highest bidder. 

Are you FOR abortion - or - are you AGAINST this heinous act?

Every abortion is a human sacrifice.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2016, 01:15:48 am »
That 73% disapproval among women should go up to 80%...

And that includes people involved in the pro-life movement as well as those who support abortion.

Apparently Trump has never heard of Rachael's Vineyard -- a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion.  Yes Donald there are some women who feel remorse and need to be healed and not punished.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2016, 01:17:43 am »
Actually, I don't think Trump has a conscious, therefore he would not know the feeling of embarrassment.

Trump is much like his buddy Bill Clinton.  He also lacks the embarrassment gene and is incapable of feeling embarrassment.

HonestJohn

« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2016, 01:18:52 am »

I don't know if he's a false narrative or not.  Roughly 35% of self-described conservatives believe in his message.  So if he's a narrative, he's a narrative of over 1/3rd of our voter-base.

A-Lert

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2016, 01:19:06 am »

If (and like you say, the likelihood is very slim) abortion is banned in the US - then, of course, there should be some type of punishment for the parties that broke the law.  What that would be, who knows? 

Just like there is a law now that people cannot come here illegally - but people do because no one enforces the law. 

My question to those of you that call yourselves "pro-life" - especially those who participate in marches, protests, etc......I always assumed the protest was to overthrow Roe v Wade and return the issue to the states.  Was I wrong about that?

If that happened, what would happen in those states that chose to make abortion illegal? 

Instead of saying, Trump gave an honest answer to a question - one that no professional politician would ever give - people that call themselves "conservative" are condemning him for it. 

I am pro-life.  I believe that abortion is the murder of an innocent baby.  Unlike Trump, I don't think there should be any exceptions made to that.  Murder is murder.  People that commit murder should be punished.

Victim of rape?  Report the crime immediately and be given the morning after pill so that you won't have to "suddenly" abort 3 months or more after you were raped. 

Same for incest - take the victim out of the home and arrest the animal that did it.  Why cover up these crimes by not reporting them immediately and taking action to assure there will be no pregnancy to have to abort?  If the victim is too frightened to report it and ends up pregnant - that is a tragedy.  Too many adults take a child for an abortion to cover up and to keep from traumatizing her more.  What about the trauma of living your life knowing you had your baby killed?  Two wrongs don't make a right.  Adoption, not abortion.

Life of the mother?  Fine, but do try to save the baby if possible!  Sometimes you can't, it's too early - but don't you think if you have to shove a pair of scissors into the baby's spine - the baby might could have been saved?

Let's not even get into the practice of harvesting the dead baby's parts to sell to the highest bidder. 

Thanks for posting a thoughtful, common sense  response. They seem few and far between as of late.

HonestJohn

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2016, 01:19:58 am »
Poor Ben has completely lost it......   **nononono*

I don't think he ever had it.  I thought he was bonkers the moment I learned that he believed that the Pyramids were ancient grain silos.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2016, 01:24:44 am »
They are indeed.

And apparently giving up their own values and replacing them with his lack thereof....... 

It's disappointing, to say the least.

It is.. I thought our side had common sense..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2016, 01:25:23 am »

word
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2016, 01:27:45 am »
I don't think he ever had it.  I thought he was bonkers the moment I learned that he believed that the Pyramids were ancient grain silos.

And, that's we have to thoroughly vet any candidate.  I have to admit that I thought Carson was a super-nice super-smart guy.  Just maybe a little naive.  His actions over the past several months have proven me wrong on the first two counts and the jury's out on the third.  I still feel that he is a nice guy, but that's why I don't pick a candidate, or make any other important decision based on my feelings, because they can so easily be wrong.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2016, 01:28:13 am »
IMHO, the conservative movement is alive and well and will only get stronger after Trump is gone...he won't be forgotten, and will be a reminder of how close we came to losing everything we've worked for ... I have faith that he will not be our nominee.

I appreciate your confidence, libertybele.  With Donald Trump falsely representing conservatism to the rest of the country, and the myriad of low information voters, I think it will be a long time before we recovery.

But maybe I'll grab on to some of your optimism about the future........ and I actually do believe he will not get the nomination.

His campaign seems to be imploding at a rapid pace.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2016, 01:30:36 am »
And, that's we have to thoroughly vet any candidate.  I have to admit that I thought Carson was a super-nice super-smart guy.  Just maybe a little naive.  His actions over the past several months have proven me wrong on the first two counts and the jury's out on the third.  I still feel that he is a nice guy, but that's why I don't pick a candidate, or make any other important decision based on my feelings, because they can so easily be wrong.

Boy, ain't that the truth.  Feelings can be foolers.  I too was intrigued by Carson early on and really liked him for a long time.

That's why principles have to guide us.  It is feeling alone that has driven the Trump campaign....... anger based on fear......... and it could get us into a heap of trouble if sensibility doesn't take over soon.

Hopefully, Trump is helping that along with boneheaded comments like this one.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2016, 01:34:22 am »
Apparently Trump has never heard of Rachael's Vineyard -- a safe place to renew, rebuild and redeem hearts broken by abortion.  Yes Donald there are some women who feel remorse and need to be healed and not punished.

Trump doesn't know diddly squat about anything pro-life because he ISN'T pro-life.  If he were, he would know about the great efforts by pro-lifers to help women who have had abortions deal with the consequences of their very bad (sometimes forced) decision to kill their babies.

As has been said earlier, Trump makes these ridiculous statements because he is absolutely clueless.

He is a pretender who is saying stupid stuff like this to both try to attract pro-life voters (who are repulsed by his words), and I think, subversively to make pro-lifers look like monsters.

That's what leftists do........

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2016, 01:44:33 am »
 :amen: Musiclady :amen: