Author Topic: Trump:'Punish' Women for Abortions  (Read 6351 times)

Wingnut

Re: Trump:'Punish' Women for Abortions
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2016, 09:44:57 pm »
Maybe that was the point.

If he truly is a stalking horse for Hillary (which I still believe), then he may be deliberately giving her fodder to help her campaign.

Otherwise the only conclusion to draw is that he's a complete idiot.

I vote for complete idiot.   

Online libertybele

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2016, 09:48:14 pm »
They are dug in deeper than ticks on a dogs butt.  Don't expect then to back out without poking them with a burning match head.

:beer:  :silly:  :silly:  Sad, but very true.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2016, 10:15:34 pm »
I vote for complete idiot.

How about both??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Wingnut

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2016, 10:21:33 pm »

How about both??

That would imply trump would be an Idiot savant.    I just don't see the savant part in Trump.  Just an idiot.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2016, 11:19:07 pm »
Pressed further on whether he believes women would be specifically punished for abortion if it were illegal, Trump said yes, but added that the exact punishment would "have to be determined."

Full disclosure:  I don't think abortion politics serves any purpose other than to keep Republicans out of office.  I have long wanted "abortion/pro-life" removed from the Republican Platform.

Having said that--IF abortion were illegal (and that was the question),  why would pro-life conservatives recoil at the prospect of punishing women for breaking the law--a law they have so long fought for?

Have all the marches, speeches, litmus tests for SC Justices and Republican candidates simply been a fraud--that when push actually came to shove the pro-life advocates would fold like a cheap suit? 

If so, I am going to be very PO'd with social conservatives for consistently pushing "pro-life" as a wedge issue in national elections.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:21:29 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2016, 11:27:31 pm »

Full disclosure:  I don't think abortion politics serves any purpose other than to keep Republicans out of office.  I have long wanted "abortion/pro-life" removed from the Republican Platform.

Having said that--IF abortion were illegal (and that was the question),  why would pro-life conservatives recoil at the prospect of punishing women for breaking the law--a law they have so long fought for?

Have all the marches, speeches, litmus tests for SC Justices and Republican candidates simply been a fraud--that when push actually came to shove the pro-life advocates would fold like a cheap suit? 

If so, I am going to be very PO'd with social conservatives for consistently pushing "pro-life" as a wedge issue in national elections.

I just knew you, so all-in for Trump, would figure out a way to defend Trump on this.  No pro-lifer, no pro-life organization has ever advocated punishing women for having an abortion.  You know that. 

You argue like a liberal on abortion while not admitting that Trump doesn't know what he's talking about on this issue and many others and, when caught, backtracks and said he's always believed the second thing he said all along.

I'm PO'd at you for foisting this ignorant, demagogic misogynist on the Republican party.  You and your other well-meaning but clueless cohorts are seeing the Trump so many always knew was there.  He's falling apart politically.  10 points down in Wisconsin and likely to fall further, he will not get the delegates to win before the convention.

There, he'll be out.  The GOP is not going to commit political suicide with this angry, foolish dope.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:28:20 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2016, 11:42:30 pm »

Spot on post!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2016, 11:45:26 pm »

Too bad your mentally defective Presidential candidate can't string that concept together. He actually could have saved himself some embarrassment.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2016, 11:46:45 pm »
Spot on post!

When did you stop being pro-life, flowers?  I thought it was important to you........

(Now I understand better how you can support a pro-abortion candidate, and it makes me very, very sad.....)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2016, 11:47:49 pm »
Too bad your mentally defective Presidential candidate can't string that concept together. He actually could have saved himself some embarrassment.

Actually, I don't think Trump has a conscious, therefore he would not know the feeling of embarrassment. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2016, 11:50:56 pm »
I have a suggestion for Mr. Trump.  After you are president, sir, you can appoint Corey Lewandowski "Abortion Punishment Czar."  Whenever a woman has an abortion Lewandowski can punish her by bruising her arm. 

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 12:09:08 am »
When did you stop being pro-life, flowers?  I thought it was important to you........

(Now I understand better how you can support a pro-abortion candidate, and it makes me very, very sad.....)

So let me get this straight, people raked Romney for not being pro life enough for not being a true pro life candidate?? Yet the same people are giving Trump a pass??
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

A-Lert

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 12:21:07 am »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/03/30/trump-punish-women-for-abortions.html?via=twitter_page

Trump: ‘Punish’ Women for Abortions

There must be "some form of punishment" for women who have abortions, Donald Trump said Wednesday afternoon during a pre-taped MSNBC town hall event. Asked by host Chris Matthews whether he believes abortion should be illegal, Trump agreed, noting that to actually ban the procedure, "you go back to a position like they had where they would perhaps go to illegal places, but we have to ban it." Pressed further on whether he believes women would be specifically punished for abortion if it were illegal, Trump said yes, but added that the exact punishment would "have to be determined." Asked whether men would be held responsible for abortions under the law as well, Trump replied, "I would say no."

Read it at NBC

http://abc7ny.com/politics/donald-trump-backtracks-on-question-of-punishing-women-for-abortion/1269242/

The rest of the story; (that you so conveniently left out.

Donald Trump said Wednesday that women who get an abortion should receive "some form of punishment" if it is ever outlawed,

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2016, 12:32:44 am »
I have a suggestion for Mr. Trump.  After you are president, sir, you can appoint Corey Lewandowski "Abortion Punishment Czar."  Whenever a woman has an abortion Lewandowski can punish her by bruising her arm.

This post is so disappointing, Massadvj.  I've long considered you a "deep thinker"---a "big picture thinker".

But you went for the sarcasm at the exact moment we need less of it. 

I've not always agreed with your opinion, but I have always respected your thought process and presentation.  Now  I am having second thoughts  because this post is beneath your previously exhibited depth of understanding and talent.   **nononono*

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2016, 12:35:13 am »
http://abc7ny.com/politics/donald-trump-backtracks-on-question-of-punishing-women-for-abortion/1269242/

The rest of the story; (that you so conveniently left out.

Donald Trump said Wednesday that women who get an abortion should receive "some form of punishment" if it is ever outlawed,

No pro-life organization has ever advocated punishing the woman even if abortion is outlawed.  Trump goes much further than any pro-life group ever has.  That's why several of them came out and opposed his position.

Your boy is stupid.  Very stupid.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2016, 12:35:31 am »
This post is so disappointing, Massadvj.  I've long considered you a "deep thinker"---a "big picture thinker".

I've not always agreed with your opinion, but I have always respected your thought process and presentation.  Now  I am having second thoughts  because this post is beneath your previously exhibited depth of understanding and talent.   **nononono*

Do you consider Trump a deep thinker?

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2016, 12:36:08 am »
Actually, I don't think Trump has a conscious, therefore he would not know the feeling of embarrassment.

And tell me again the year you completed your advanced degree in psychology  . . . .   :whistle:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2016, 12:37:03 am »

What's there to understand?  You support a man who wants to come up with some form of punishment for women for having an abortion (a position he was forced to back off of an hour later).  Are you comfortable with that?

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2016, 12:37:33 am »
Do you consider Trump a deep thinker?

Thanks for playing.  But allow Massadvj to answer for himself. 

« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2016, 12:38:39 am »
What's there to understand? 

Sink, Sink, Sink.... why do you goad me so?   888blackhat

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2016, 12:41:02 am »
Sink, Sink, Sink.... why do you goad me so?   888blackhat

Because I'm hoping the blinders are coming off and you're realizing what a colossal disaster Donald Trump would be as president.  His answer on abortion proved his profound ignorance.

A-Lert

« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2016, 12:41:28 am »
No pro-life organization has ever advocated punishing the woman even if abortion is outlawed.  Trump goes much further than any pro-life group ever has.  That's why several of them came out and opposed his position.

Your boy is stupid.  Very stupid.

Not as stupid and misleading as your post. If ever abortion becomes illegal, which nearly all agree is highly unlikely, some form of "punishment" certainly would be appropriate for breaking the law. Otherwise, a law is pointless.

A-Lert

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2016, 12:44:13 am »
A poster can provide explanations and provide accurate  information, but can't make anyone understand it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2016, 12:46:08 am »
Not as stupid and misleading as your post. If ever abortion becomes illegal, which nearly all agree is highly unlikely, some form of "punishment" certainly would be appropriate for breaking the law. Otherwise, a law is pointless.

Punishment for the woman?  Abortion providers yes, but never the woman.  Even when states outlawed abortion prior to 1973 the woman was never punished for seeking an illegal abortion.

You think you're helping Trump with women arguing for punishing them for an abortion?

Online libertybele

« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2016, 12:50:17 am »
Maybe that was the point.

If he truly is a stalking horse for Hillary (which I still believe), then he may be deliberately giving her fodder to help her campaign.

Otherwise the only conclusion to draw is that he's a complete idiot.

I have thought for quite sometime that Trump was merely a siphon for the DEMS; a stalking horse for Hillary.  With his comment about punishing women who have abortions, I am absolutely 100% positive.  In addition he is a bombastic, narcissistic, idiot!  There isn't a day that goes by anymore that Trump doesn't say or do something that is so inappropriate that it actually shocks me.  I'm to the point that I think that Trump would be a worse president than Hussein, in fact, I'm sure of it! I really didn't think anyone could be any worse for this country ... enter Donald J. Trump.