Author Topic: Trump:'Punish' Women for Abortions  (Read 6354 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Trump:'Punish' Women for Abortions
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2016, 09:01:03 pm »
Speaking of polls:

Elections & Politics
If the Republican Presidential Primaries came down to these candidates, for whom would you vote?
http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM764BY15

I can't get it to imbed.  If someone can tell me how, please do.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2016, 09:02:16 pm »
March for Life quickly moves away from Trump:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2016, 09:05:35 pm »
Susan B. Anthony runs away from Trump too:

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2016, 09:07:13 pm »
So wait, these groups are both cool with Trump killing the family members of terrorists, but not ok with abortion?

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 09:08:42 pm »
Annnd .... the expected full walk back.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 09:09:55 pm »
Wait five minutes, tRumper will send someone out to spin, er explain.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »
The President of the most powerful country in the world should not have to walk back half of the statements he makes.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2016, 09:19:26 pm »
Trump doesn't understand the pro-life position because he's not pro-life.

This totally nails it, sinkspur.

He is absolutely CLUELESS about Life issues because he has never actually thought about them in his entire life.

This is my biggest problem with Trump.  In spite of his misogyny, his vulgarity, his desire for bigger government, his dishonesty, his lack of ethics, his total ignorance about the Constitution........the biggest problem I have is that he is pro-abortion.

He's saying here what he thinks will make him appeal to the pro-life voter, and it has the complete opposite affect.

Pro-lifers are the ones involved in caring for those who have had abortions; in dealing with their pain and guilt.

This guy is truly a BUFFOON.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2016, 09:19:52 pm »
I am absolutely outraged!!! Punishment for women?  Sorry folks, but I see that with his obvious disdain for women he'd be all for Sharia law.  He doesn't have a clue on any issue; he just spews what he thinks people want to hear and then if he receives a little bit of flack he back peddles.

Unequivocally, without a doubt, DONALD J. TRUMP IS MENTALLY ILL.  His supporters expect him to be able to beat Hillary in the general with statements like this?  It's one thing to be pro life ... but to punish women??  How about we go a step further and punish the man that got the woman pregnant??  Seriously, he is just a royal lunatic with several screws loose.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2016, 09:21:15 pm »
Here's hoping.  Women and millenials already hate him.

That 73% disapproval among women should go up to 80%...

And that includes people involved in the pro-life movement as well as those who support abortion.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 09:23:07 pm »
March for Life quickly moves away from Trump:

As I said.......... NO one involved in the Pro-Life movement would agree with this barbaric statement from Trump.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2016, 09:23:46 pm »
And that includes people involved in the pro-life movement as well as those who support abortion.

Wait a minute.  Now I am starting to feel sorry for him.   :silly:

Offline flowers

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2016, 09:24:43 pm »
This will haunt him. I can now see the ads Hillary is making right now. It was a gotcha question and they got him. I see he walked it back. Won't help the damage is done.

• Technical
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2016, 09:26:18 pm »
This combined with a slew of polls, lewandowski etc,  is beginning to feel like an actual Trump implosion.

Certainly I've been wrong before.

Dare I jinx it?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2016, 09:27:30 pm »
BTW: New poll out today has Cruz up by 10 in Wisconsin.  If Trump loses Wisconsin, he has no viable path to 1237.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/wi/wisconsin_republican_presidential_primary-3763.html

Has his act finally worn thin?   :0001:

Online libertybele

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2016, 09:28:42 pm »
The President of the most powerful country in the world should not have to walk back half of the statements he makes.

You are giving the BUFFOON way to much credit.  I can't think of an issue or a statement that he hasn't walked back on.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2016, 09:28:55 pm »
Here's another doozy:

Ben Schreckinger
‏@SchreckReports

Trump in Wisconsin: “The problem is we have the Geneva Conventions, all sorts of rules and regulations, so the soldiers are afraid to fight”

Online libertybele

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2016, 09:29:54 pm »
BTW: New poll out today has Cruz up by 10 in Wisconsin.  If Trump loses Wisconsin, he has no viable path to 1237.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/wi/wisconsin_republican_presidential_primary-3763.html

Keep praying; that we are able to seat a conservative and we prevent Liberal Trump from handing the White House to Hillary.

• Technical
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »

I can't imagine even his supporters looking forward to 6 months of defending this kind of nonsense.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2016, 09:32:21 pm »
Wait five minutes, tRumper will send someone out to spin, er explain.

Didn't have to wait long.

(CNN) — Donald Trump scrambled to clarify his position on abortion and put out a firestorm of criticism Wednesday after he initially said women who obtain abortions should be punished.

Several hours later, in a statement, he said that women who obtain abortions are victims and, if Congress passes laws outlawing abortion, doctors who provide them should be punished.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2016, 09:32:51 pm »
Here's another doozy:

Ben Schreckinger
‏@SchreckReports

Trump in Wisconsin: “The problem is we have the Geneva Conventions, all sorts of rules and regulations, so the soldiers are afraid to fight”

I'm sure our troops today appreciate being told they're afraid to fight. And what would this draft-dodging ahole know about fighting anyway?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2016, 09:34:07 pm »

Didn't have to wait long.

(CNN) — Donald Trump scrambled to clarify his position on abortion and put out a firestorm of criticism Wednesday after he initially said women who obtain abortions should be punished.

Several hours later, in a statement, he said that women who obtain abortions are victims and, if Congress passes laws outlawing abortion, doctors who provide them should be punished.

How are women victims when they choose to have the abortion?  Is he not making this worse portraying women as poor helpless creatures?

Wingnut

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2016, 09:37:20 pm »
I can't imagine even his supporters looking forward to 6 months of defending this kind of nonsense.

They are dug in deeper than ticks on a dogs butt.  Don't expect then to back out without poking them with a burning match head.

• Technical
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2016, 09:39:25 pm »

:silly:

Always thought we should nuke Luxembourg.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2016, 09:39:46 pm »
This will haunt him. I can now see the ads Hillary is making right now. It was a gotcha question and they got him. I see he walked it back. Won't help the damage is done.

Maybe that was the point.

If he truly is a stalking horse for Hillary (which I still believe), then he may be deliberately giving her fodder to help her campaign.

Otherwise the only conclusion to draw is that he's a complete idiot.