Author Topic: Trump:'Punish' Women for Abortions  (Read 6353 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump:'Punish' Women for Abortions
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2016, 02:09:36 pm »
Any bets that his supporters will still follow him like Charles Manson and his popularity will only increase?

I'll take that bet. I think Trump's popularity is going to continue to decrease, and anyone on the fence will quickly fall off. The anti-Trump vote will coalesce.

He peaked a month ago, and it's been downhill since then.  And the snowball will now pick up speed. 

Trump will not be the nominee.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #126 on: March 31, 2016, 02:18:48 pm »
I'll take that bet. I think Trump's popularity is going to continue to decrease, and anyone on the fence will quickly fall off. The anti-Trump vote will coalesce.

He peaked a month ago, and it's been downhill since then.  And the snowball will now pick up speed. 

Definitely feels different this time, but we've been wrong before.

I fear protesters invading Trump's rallies and therefor getting him sympathy votes.

Best argument against Trump is Trump himself: unknowledgable, unqualified, gaffe-prone.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #127 on: March 31, 2016, 02:22:18 pm »

It is a simple syllogism:

If Trump reaches 1237 first ballot votes, he will be the nominee
If Trump does not reach 1237, he will not be the nominee
If Trump does not win Wisconsin, he cannot reach 1237

Trump will not win Wisconsin.

Therefore:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #128 on: March 31, 2016, 02:24:49 pm »

Therefore:

That's beautiful.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2016, 02:27:38 pm »

Therefore:

QED

I hope your faith in Wisconsin is not misplaced.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2016, 02:29:58 pm »
QED

I hope your faith in Wisconsin is not misplaced.

Me too.  It's pretty much the last firewall.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2016, 02:31:03 pm »
Definitely feels different this time, but we've been wrong before.

I fear protesters invading Trump's rallies and therefor getting him sympathy votes.

Best argument against Trump is Trump himself: unknowledgable, unqualified, gaffe-prone.

Considering Trumps campaign schedule has him taking off two days, there is no opportunity for protesters to act up.

Ted Cruz: Ted Cruz has a couple of events tomorrow and has formally scheduled a couple more GOTV/infrastructure events for his Wisconsin campaign staff. The Senator is also hosting a showing Saturday for God’s Not Dead 2. Looks like Cruz is concentrating on the state.
    John Kasich: John Kasich is likewise campaigning in Wisconsin Friday… then moving onward to Pennsylvania and New York before the Wisconsin primary Tuesday. This suggests that Kasich is not going to be concentrating on the state. Although, to be fair: the polling is not suggesting that Wisconsin is fertile ground for Kasich.
    Donald Trump: Donald Trump is apparently taking the next two days off. He has a town hall on Saturday, and that’s it. Now, you might very well think that a part of this is due to the need for Trump to get the taste of shoe polish out of his mouth – but I couldn’t possibly comment.

http://www.redstate.com/moe_lane/2016/03/30/ted-cruz-john-kasich-donald-trump-wisconsin-schedules/

Wingnut

« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2016, 02:32:51 pm »

Therefore:

I want to see Wisconsin voters open up a can of Whoop ass on Trump, and run him and his clown car thug posse out of the State.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2016, 02:33:44 pm »
I want to see Wisconsin voters open up a can of Whoop ass on Trump, and run him and his clown car thug posse out of the State.

Don't hold back!!  :silly:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2016, 02:34:44 pm »

Therefore:

On Wisconsin, On Wisconsin, fight on for your fame!! 

(Songs always come to mind!  ^-^)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2016, 11:19:53 pm »
Analyzing Trumps answer further, before he said women should be punished, he said "people in certain parts of the Republican Party and conservatives would say yes"....

He gave a Pro-choice answer. He has been Pro-Choice  all his life and he believes that is the position of  Pro-Life people. I have never met a conservative, even one active in Pro-Life causes that ever took the position that the woman should be put in jail.  He doesn't know how to answer the question, because he is not really Pro-Life.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 11:21:15 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2016, 11:22:02 pm »
Analyzing Trumps answer further, befor he said women should be punished, he said "people in certain parts of the Republican Party and conservatives would say yes"....

He gave a Pro-choice answer. He has been Pro-Choice  all his life and he believes that is the position of  Pro-Life people. I have never met a conservative, even one active in Pro-Life causes that ever took the position that the woman should be put in jail.  He doesn't know how to answer the question, because he is not really Pro-Life.

Where did Trump state "the woman should be put in jail"?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2016, 11:22:38 pm »
Analyzing Trumps answer further, before he said women should be punished, he said "people in certain parts of the Republican Party and conservatives would say yes"....

Exactly. 

He is a Pro-abortion advocate masquerading as a Pro-life candidate, and it doesn't work because he can't understand who we are or what we believe.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2016, 11:50:20 pm »
Me too.  It's pretty much the last firewall.

Cruz has to win Wisconsin; otherwise he has zero chance of getting the nomination.  He will.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2016, 11:54:56 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/03/30/trump-punish-women-for-abortions.html?via=twitter_page

Trump: ‘Punish’ Women for Abortions

There must be "some form of punishment" for women who have abortions, Donald Trump said Wednesday afternoon during a pre-taped MSNBC town hall event. Asked by host Chris Matthews whether he believes abortion should be illegal, Trump agreed, noting that to actually ban the procedure, "you go back to a position like they had where they would perhaps go to illegal places, but we have to ban it." Pressed further on whether he believes women would be specifically punished for abortion if it were illegal, Trump said yes, but added that the exact punishment would "have to be determined." Asked whether men would be held responsible for abortions under the law as well, Trump replied, "I would say no."

Read it at NBC

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

A-Lert

« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2016, 12:02:31 am »

Meshuge Mikey  Near Master of Visual Propaganda

Without a doubt.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #141 on: April 01, 2016, 12:22:10 am »
The President of the most powerful country in the world should not have to walk back half of the statements he makes.
We have a candidate who needs someone to come out with a pooper scooper every time he speaks.