Author Topic: NY Post's Dicker: Trump Supporters 'Shocked' By Attacks on Heidi, Ted Cruz  (Read 666 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=721230

Newsmax
NY Post's Dicker: Trump Supporters 'Shocked' By Attacks on Heidi, Ted Cruz
Monday, March 28, 2016 06:56 PM

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump's New York supporters have been "engulfed" in a "wave of pessimism" after the real estate billionaire retweeted an unflattering photo of Heidi Cruz last week and amid fears the Trump campaign was behind Friday's National Enquirer article alleging Ted Cruz engaged in affairs with multiple women, New York Post columnist Fredric U. Dicker writes.

"Everyone has been waiting for months for Donald to become more presidential, and unfortunately, he appears to be going in the opposite direction," Dicker says "one of Trump's most prominent New York supporters" told the paper.

"We understood in the early days when he was trying to differentiate himself from the rest of the pack of candidates that he had to do certain things, but why is he now doubling down on that sort of crap, starting with his talking about the size of his penis and now ending up attacking Cruz's wife and the stuff about alleged affairs?"

"I wish Trump would just shape up and start acting more presidential," another New York GOP official told the Post, Dicker writes.

A third source, who Dicker describes as "a female Republican activist who hasn't taken sides in the presidential contest," says Trump will face "incredible damage" if it is shown that either his campaign or long-time Trump ally Roger Stone was behind the Enquirer article.

"Notwithstanding how resilient Trump has proven himself to be, it'll be a bridge too far to try and destroy someone's family and then expect to walk away unscathed," the activist said, Dicker writes.

Trump backers are still confident he will win his home state on April 19.

"So far neither Cruz nor [John] Kasich even has a campaign going on in New York, so, even with Donald's troubles and the growing doubts about him, there's a good chance he'll win most if not all the delegates on primary day," Dicker quotes a "prominent Trump activist" as saying.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

"Everyone has been waiting for months for Donald to become more presidential, and unfortunately, he appears to be going in the opposite direction," Dicker says "one of Trump's most prominent New York supporters" told the paper.  snip>"I wish Trump would just shape up and start acting more presidential," another New York GOP official told the Post, Dicker writes.

I'm guessing that day will come when:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:45:11 pm by Wingnut »

Bill Cipher

I suppose the NY primary will be a romp for Trump.  Too bad. 

Offline ArneFufkin

Offline Frank Cannon

Wingnut

:silly:

Trump-The-Shark!!!!!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I suppose the NY primary will be a romp for Trump.  Too bad.

Ah but NY is proportional, so even cutting the lead yields more delegates.

On the article, the writer sums my feelings. I don't hate Trump, just very disappointed in his lack of ability to be Presidential.
The Republic is lost.