Author Topic: Trump spokeswoman: There was no attack on Heidi Cruz  (Read 11104 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump spokeswoman: There was no attack on Heidi Cruz
« on: March 29, 2016, 01:45:17 pm »
Just going to leave this here to ponder on.

Donald Trump's national spokeswoman strongly contested on Tuesday the notion that Trump's retweet of a side-by-side image of his wife Melania and Heidi Cruz constituted an attack on the wife of the Texas senator.

“No, I don’t think that’s an attack. That is not an attack, no. It is supporting his wife," Katrina Pierson said during a heated interview with CNN's Don Lemon on "New Day."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/katrina-pierson-trump-cruz-wives-221329#ixzz44Icq6POX
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Trump spokeswoman: There was no attack on Heidi Cruz
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 01:53:36 pm »
We have always been at war with Eastasia.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Bill Cipher

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 02:07:44 pm »
We have always been at war with Eastasia.  :shrug:

Thank you Big Brother.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 02:16:42 pm »
The entire Trump team is playing his voters for chumps.   It's worked before.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 02:17:58 pm »
The entire Trump team is playing his voters for chumps.   It's worked before.

Now come one Sink. This is a positive article. We just posted Trump's SPOX's statement word for word. How can that be taken negatively for his voters?
 ;)

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 02:22:44 pm »
It is amazing that Pierson was able to say this with a straight face.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2016, 02:27:25 pm »

Katrina Pierson said:   "Who are you goning to believe, Me... or your lying eyes and ears?"

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2016, 02:46:29 pm »
Trump today:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Wow, @CNN has nothing but my opponents on their shows. Really one-sided and unfair reporting. Maybe I shouldn't do their town-hall tonight!

Just now:

Brian Phillips ‏@RealBPhil  58m58 minutes ago
Brian Phillips Retweeted Donald J. Trump

FALSE. On @CNN just yesterday: Scottie Nell Hughes was on 3x, Kayleigh Mcenany 2x, Jeff Lord, Katrina Pierson.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:47:45 pm by sinkspur »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 02:51:16 pm »
“No, I don’t think that’s an attack. That is not an attack, no. It is supporting his wife,"

OK.  Who believes this wasn't a joke?  Who believes that she actually meant this??

I mean, seriously folks???
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 02:51:30 pm »
The fracture is now a chasm. The food fight between Trump and anti Trump forces isn't even entertaining anymore. And what's worse, all this madness has paved the way for Queen Hillary I.

Offline ABX

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 02:54:43 pm »
The fracture is now a chasm. The food fight between Trump and anti Trump forces isn't even entertaining anymore. And what's worse, all this madness has paved the way for Queen Hillary I.

William F Buckley predicted/warned of this, almost word for word, back in 2000.

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/UNTITLED-MAG-FEATURE_7081

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 02:54:58 pm »
Poor widdle Donny.  His face time could be further restricted due to several news outlest refusing to do his Famous Phone-in interviews. 

Bill Cipher

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 03:01:02 pm »
OK.  Who believes this wasn't a joke?  Who believes that she actually meant this??

I mean, seriously folks???

Welcome to the wild side of the looking glass.  The Cheshire Cat will be along shortly. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »

You're right that it's madness. But it's madness started and fueled by Donald Trump.

Trump jumped into the presidential race on a lark, a grasping for attention.  Even he didn't expect to get anywhere.  That's proven by the fact he never spent a dime, never hired any serious campaign staff, and had no policy positions to speak of but his boob bait wall. 

Then he realized there was a group who was buying his bullshit, and he doubled down on his nativist streak:  ban Muslim immigration, impose 45% tariffs on our largest trading partners, bring back waterboarding.  He capitalized on all the free media the nets and cable channels gave him and continued with the game. 

Did anybody think he was really serious?  I mean, look at the man.  He's an MLM scam artist, making money by sticking his name on buildings built and owned by other people.  THIS is a presidential figure, this crude, nasty, insulting vulgarian, an admitted adulterer and blatant misogynist?  He's tapped into anger, but, instead of diffusing it, he's harnessed it to appeal to the basest emotions of a 37% segment of the GOP.

Now that he's almost caught the car, the deer in the headlights look is about to take over.  He fumbled the delegate situation in Louisiana because he has no one to manage that process, his Iowa operation has shut down (this is unbelievable!), he's made a series of foreign policy gaffes (after naming a team of minor league characters to advise him and he's yet to consult them), and he drove up his unfavorables with women in a fit of personal pique over a pic that few people hadn't already seen.

Couple that with his poll numbers against either Democrat in the race, and Trump is suddenly in trouble. It's easy to see him losing Wisconsin, underperforming in California, not having the 1237 by July, and losing at the Convention. 

The GOP is coming to its senses, finally.   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:08:32 pm by sinkspur »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 03:13:13 pm »

To be quite honest it wasn't entertaining at all.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Relic

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2016, 03:14:51 pm »
You're right that it's madness. But it's madness started and fueled by Donald Trump.

Trump jumped into the presidential race on a lark, a grasping for attention.  Even he didn't expect to get anywhere.  That's proven by the fact he never spent a dime, never hired any serious campaign staff, and had no policy positions to speak of but his boob bait wall. 

Then he realized there was a group who was buying his bullshit, and he doubled down on his nativist streak:  ban Muslim immigration, impose 45% tariffs on our largest trading partners, bring back waterboarding.  He capitalized on all the free media the nets and cable channels gave him and continued with the game. 

Did anybody think he was really serious?  I mean, look at the man.  He's an MLM scam artist, making money by sticking his name on buildings built and owned by other people.  THIS is a presidential figure, this crude, nasty, insulting vulgarian, an admitted adulterer and blatant misogynist?  He's tapped into anger, but, instead of diffusing it, he's harnessed it to appeal to the basest emotions of a 37% segment of the GOP.

Now that he's almost caught the car, the deer in the headlights look is about to take over.  He fumbled the delegate situation in Louisiana because he has no one to manage that process, his Iowa operation has shut down (this is unbelievable!), he's made a series of foreign policy gaffes (after naming a team of minor league characters to advise him and he's yet to consult them), and he drove up his unfavorables with women in a fit of personal pique over a pic that few people hadn't already seen.

Couple that with his poll numbers against either Democrat in the race, and Trump is suddenly in trouble. It's easy to see him losing Wisconsin, underperforming in California, not having the 1237 by July, and losing at the Convention. 

The GOP is coming to its senses, finally.

That's crap. Just as Barack Obama is the symptom, not the illness, Donald Trump is a factor because of the feckless GOP. The GOP created the conditions for Donald Trump to rise and prosper.

The GOP has chucked this election. Hillary will win in a cake walk, and that's just the reality of the situation. You can blame Trump all you want, but he didn't just appear. He took advantage of a huge number of voters, on both sides of the aisle, who feel no one is listening to them. And those voters are right.

Offline Relic

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2016, 03:15:45 pm »
To be quite honest it wasn't entertaining at all.

I enjoyed watching the political establishment squirming, and shaken.

Now, it's simply despair that I feel.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2016, 03:33:23 pm »
How is running an unflattering picture of your opponent's wife defending yours? Only in trashy tabloid trailer park land or an episode of Mob Wives would that be true.

The worst part is that Katrina doesn't even realize just how low rent it makes her candidate seem. Might as well sit in the corner of the bar, get drunk, yell obscenities, throw food and spit Skoal on people.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2016, 03:35:59 pm »
That's crap. Just as Barack Obama is the symptom, not the illness, Donald Trump is a factor because of the feckless GOP. The GOP created the conditions for Donald Trump to rise and prosper.

The GOP has chucked this election. Hillary will win in a cake walk, and that's just the reality of the situation. You can blame Trump all you want, but he didn't just appear. He took advantage of a huge number of voters, on both sides of the aisle, who feel no one is listening to them. And those voters are right.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the Trump act is wearing very thin on more and more people and, by convention time, he will be the least favored to win the nomination, no matter how many delegates he has. 

He has 37% of voters, on average, in the primaries. That's not huge.  In fact, it's pathetic.  He hasn't cracked 50% anywhere. 

He's playing those supporting him for chumps and they're willing to be chumps.

Offline Relic

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 03:42:48 pm »
Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the Trump act is wearing very thin on more and more people and, by convention time, he will be the least favored to win the nomination, no matter how many delegates he has. 

He has 37% of voters, on average, in the primaries. That's not huge.  In fact, it's pathetic.  He hasn't cracked 50% anywhere. 

He's playing those supporting him for chumps and they're willing to be chumps.

In my opinion, and that's the currency we deal in here, it doesn't matter who the nominee is at this point. If Trump's goal was to be a stalking horse for Hillary, his mission has been accomplished. The media is all in for Hillary. The Justus department has her back.

Meanwhile, the Republican clown car has been emptied, and the escapees are engaged in a food fight. The party is split, it's image is that of feckless obstructionists, and the remaining candidates are damaged and weak.

Short of her passing away before the election, I don't see a scenario where Hillary doesn't win easily.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2016, 03:45:22 pm »

She is remarkably good at doing just that.  Could be why she's the spokesperson.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2016, 03:48:13 pm »
William F Buckley predicted/warned of this, almost word for word, back in 2000.

George Washington in his Farewell Address warned of a separation once started that could never be united, when he warned us of things that could ultimately bring the Republic down. And we don't even have to look outside our own party to see that division. For some of us we don't have to look outside our own family.   What I think we are experiencing is a silent civil war, and everyone is picking sides.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2016, 03:49:07 pm »

The worst part is that Katrina doesn't even realize just how low rent it makes her candidate seem. Might as well sit in the corner of the bar, get drunk, yell obscenities, throw food and spit Skoal on people.

Can you still dip in bars in New York City?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2016, 03:52:12 pm »
George Washington in his Farewell Address warned of a separation once started that could never be united, when he warned us of things that could ultimately bring the Republic down. And we don't even have to look outside our own party to see that division. For some of us we don't have to look outside our own family.   What I think we are experiencing is a silent civil war, and everyone is picking sides.

:word:
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2016, 03:54:49 pm »

You are absolutely correct ... "Trump took advantage of a huge number of voters".  Yes indeed he did.  He brought focus to an extremely volatile issue, and has continued to say what the electorate wants to hear.  He never goes into detail of his plan, the only thing he spews continuously is how great he is and to trust him.  He has chosen to speak in a manner that degrades, insults and attacks various groups of people without giving consideration that he is igniting a fire under an angry electorate. I believe and fear that this just may backfire on the 'deleted' once the electorate realizes that Trump is a liar, fake and fraud, the wrath of "We the People" will not be restrained ... and the outcome with be the fault of Donald J. Trump and only Trump.

Mod - a very polite request to stop using the pejorative "orange baboon".
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 04:02:44 pm by Mod2 »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.