Author Topic: The Party of Reagan Is No More  (Read 11513 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: The Party of Reagan Is No More
« Reply #100 on: March 29, 2016, 06:55:09 am »
No, they aren't normal. A factory worker, a store clerk, truck driver, cop, bus driver, custodian, service worker, etc., etc., etc.  can't take 90-120 days off and expect to have a job when the session ends.

BWHAHAHA! You're deliberately limiting the list to make it so narrow that no one is normal.

A farmer isn't normal? An EMT isn't normal? A small business owner isn't normal? A teacher isn't normal? A sales rep isn't normal? A pastor isn't normal? There are actually law enforcement in the Iowa state legislature too.

What is normal in your world?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2016, 07:00:44 am »
Schedules have absolutely nothing to do with the synonyms listed in Mirriam -Webster and Thesaurus.

What they say is irrelevant because they are not authorities on the issue, no matter how much you'd like to make them so, because schedules is exactly what differentiates them. Like a Yugo and Lamborghini are both cars, but nothing alike. You're trying to use a false authority to lump things together that only have superficial similarities.

An individual who serves in capacity as a legislator is not the same as someone who serves as councilman. Feel free to remain in your word arranging ignorance though.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2016, 07:38:26 am »
BWHAHAHA! You're deliberately limiting the list to make it so narrow that no one is normal.

A farmer isn't normal? An EMT isn't normal? A small business owner isn't normal? A teacher isn't normal? A sales rep isn't normal? A pastor isn't normal? There are actually law enforcement in the Iowa state legislature too.

What is normal in your world?

People who are required to show up and work at least 40 hours a week, with two weeks vacation, if they are lucky, per year. A farmer is self-employed. If he has livestock, he has to hire help if he's going to be away from his farm. How does a teacher serve during the school year when most legislatures are in session?  How do EMTs, firefighters, miners, railroad engineers, conservation officers, etc., etc., take off work for 90-120 days or more and expect to have a job when they finish the session? How many companies will allow employees that option? You've lived in lala land too long. 

A-Lert

« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2016, 07:58:15 am »
What they say is irrelevant because they are not authorities on the issue, no matter how much you'd like to make them so, because schedules is exactly what differentiates them. Like a Yugo and Lamborghini are both cars, but nothing alike. You're trying to use a false authority to lump things together that only have superficial similarities.

An individual who serves in capacity as a legislator is not the same as someone who serves as councilman. Feel free to remain in your word arranging ignorance though.

Sorry, your arrogance won't allow you to see that you lack credibility compared to Merriam-Webster and Thesaurus. A Yugo and Lamborghini  both do similar things, they transport people and burn petroleum products. Legislatures and assemblies likewise do similar things,  pass and revoke laws and ordinances respectively. I'll bet your eyes are brown.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #104 on: March 29, 2016, 02:17:30 pm »
People who are required to show up and work at least 40 hours a week, with two weeks vacation, if they are lucky, per year. A farmer is self-employed. If he has livestock, he has to hire help if he's going to be away from his farm. How does a teacher serve during the school year when most legislatures are in session?  How do EMTs, firefighters, miners, railroad engineers, conservation officers, etc., etc., take off work for 90-120 days or more and expect to have a job when they finish the session? How many companies will allow employees that option? You've lived in lala land too long.

Because many employers can and do make accommodations for their employees so they can serve, much like they do for the military. Some really like to have their rep literally right next door.

Which if you weren't blowing it out your backside, you would know this.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #105 on: March 29, 2016, 02:21:18 pm »
Because many employers can and do make accommodations for their employees so they can serve, much like they do for the military. Some really like to have their rep literally right next door.

Which if you weren't blowing it out your backside, you would know this.

Aren't you a Moderator here?          :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #106 on: March 29, 2016, 02:22:30 pm »
Sorry, your arrogance won't allow you to see that you lack credibility compared to Merriam-Webster and Thesaurus. A Yugo and Lamborghini  both do similar things, they transport people and burn petroleum products. Legislatures and assemblies likewise do similar things,  pass and revoke laws and ordinances respectively. I'll bet your eyes are brown.

Right, well the owners manual to your car is technically correct on it's information, but I wouldn't use it to do an engine overhaul. Tractors and cars have four wheels, it doesn't make them  the same. Monkeys and humans have two legs, it doesn't make them the same. The sun and a bulb both give off light, but they aren't the same either.

Unless of course you're in lawyer spin mode trying to obfuscate with doublespeak and half-truth. Which seems to be your modus operandi. But if you want to make things with superficial similarities alike, then please show the world how shallow your thinking is.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2016, 02:27:35 pm »

I have to admit I don't know how else to approach someone who's blowing smoke in my face without calling it for what it is.
The Republic is lost.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2016, 02:39:22 pm »
I have to admit I don't know how else to approach someone who's blowing smoke in my face without calling it for what it is.

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2016, 03:51:51 pm »
Yep the Hate Trump Always squad demonstrate daily here that the GOP has now is a fully owned Bush Family subsidiary. They should just go ahead and change the party  name to the "Democrat Lite" party.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2016, 03:53:39 pm »

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2016, 03:57:24 pm »
Yep the Hate Trump Always squad demonstrate daily here that the GOP has now is a fully owned Bush Family subsidiary. They should just go ahead and change the party  name to the "Democrat Lite" party.

So my choices are the Bush Establishment, or the Nixon Establishment wings?

Sprite for me thanks.
The Republic is lost.

A-Lert

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2016, 05:53:46 pm »

You've got to be joking!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2016, 06:25:11 pm »

You have been placed in a position of power and authority to "moderate" the behavior of others, but cannot control your own behavior ?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2016, 06:31:55 pm »

And you are correct, I am listed moderator of the History/Archeology News and Cruz Caucus Group forums. So technically yes a moderator.
The Republic is lost.