Author Topic: 'Seriously?': Megyn Kelly hits out at Donald Trump after he retweets unflattering photo of Ted Cruz's wife Heidi next to his model wife Melania  (Read 10992 times)

Offline sinkspur

Funny, I've noticed that the two candidates with the highest unfavorables - Trump and Hillary - also are the two that get the most votes.  Maybe people are voting for who they think will win, rather than who they like.   :shrug:

Trump gets 37% of the vote; all the other candidates get 63%.  If this had been Trump against one other candidate, he'd have lost after Super Tuesday.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Trump gets 37% of the vote; all the other candidates get 63%.  If this had been Trump against one other candidate, he'd have lost after Super Tuesday.

Sink, that's not the way elections work.  The candidate that gets the most votes usually wins - unless it's a state that Bernie wins....and then Hillary gets the delegates. 

All the other candidates are not conjoined Siamese twins, all of their votes together doesn't count for a win - until they all drop out but one, and then, all of their supporters would have to vote for the remaining candidate.  It just doesn't happen that way. 

It's a clever ploy to give hope to those who support the losing candidates, I'll give it that. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline NavyCanDo

Then the anti-Trumps have nothing to worry about.  :laughingdog:

The hell We Don't   And I would be hard pressed to give Utah to Trump being he lost in a landslide there the other day.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:18:35 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Wingnut

If Trump is the Nom in November the "Schlonging" the GOP will receive will look like the presidential election of 1972.  Trump is our George McGovern but George had more class.

Offline aligncare

The two states Cruz won? That's an odd way to make an argument against Trump.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
The hell We Don't   And I would be hard pressed to give Utah to Trump being he lost in a landslide there the other day.

But Reagan! /s

Offline musiclady

The two states Cruz won? That's an odd way to make an argument against Trump.

THE two states?  Are you unaware that Cruz has won more than two states?

That's an odd way to make an argument against Cruz.........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

A-Lert

What are you worried about? According to the polls, Trump can't win the nomination. Don't you believe sinkspur and the polls?

Offline sinkspur

Sink, that's not the way elections work.  The candidate that gets the most votes usually wins - unless it's a state that Bernie wins....and then Hillary gets the delegates. 

All the other candidates are not conjoined Siamese twins, all of their votes together doesn't count for a win - until they all drop out but one, and then, all of their supporters would have to vote for the remaining candidate.  It just doesn't happen that way. 

It's a clever ploy to give hope to those who support the losing candidates, I'll give it that.

Trump's problem is, as candidates drop out, he doesn't pick up their voters.  He's come in at 35-37% for the entire primary season.

In other words, he has a ceiling and it seems to be in the high 30s. 

Offline NavyCanDo

What are you worried about? According to the polls, Trump can't win the nomination. Don't you believe sinkspur and the polls?

Trump most assuredly can win the nomination. THAT is what we worry about. Becase what he CANT do is win the General. That is the point of the map. Hillary wins 48 States. WHo gives a S@$& what 2 States are painted Red
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

A-Lert

Trump most assuredly can win the nomination. THAT is what we worry about. Becase what he CANT do is win the General. That is the point of the map. Hillary wins 48 States. WHo gives a S@$& what 2 States are painted Red

Read sinkspur's  post just before yours. How can Trump win the general if  he can't win the nomination. Do you anti-Trumpsters believe the polls you post or don't you?

Offline sinkspur

Mark levin says if Trump keeps saying "Lying Cruz" that Cruz should say "Bankrupt Trump."  LOL  I like it.

Senile Trump.  He's 70 and losing his marbles.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Then the anti-Trumps have nothing to worry about.  :laughingdog:

You're missing the flipping point.  The "anti-Trumps" indeed have little to worry about as concerns Trump becoming President.  He won't.   Too many patriots know damn well what a danger he represents.   

The point is that unless we deny him the nomination, the next President will be Hillary Clinton.   Trump supporters are effectively greasing the conditions for a Clinton landslide, the loss of the Senate, and the loss of the Supreme Court.   

That's why I contend that Trump supporters are fools.   The are cutting off their noses to spite their faces. 

I respect Cruz supporters,  but they're also supporting a candidate whose chances of ultimate success are very, very shaky.   Cruz has got to stop believing this fallacy that he can win only with the votes of conservatives.   Why should moderates and independents vote for him when he says he doesn't need them?   When his record in the Senate has emphasized obstruction (high-minded obstruction,  but obstruction just the same) and rejected comity?

I know I'm pissing in the wind,  but there's still one candidate standing who can empirically WIN the election and carry forward conservative ideas and conservative policy influence.   And not a soul here (or, seemingly, among the craven Washington elite) supports him. 

What's the use if we don't WIN?  I'm serious - what's the flippin' use?   What good do suicide bombers do?   Is that all we aspire to be?   Put up a madman who validates our anger, or an uncomprising purist who profiles to the right of Goldwater?   And enjoy the sleep of the just, I suppose, when our nominee goes down in predictable flames?

Sorry folks,  I want more than that. 

I'm backing the true outsider.  That's clear as day now that the Washington elite is flocking to Cruz,  who makes no attempt to hide his contempt for them.   The insiders are now with Cruz,  whores that they are,  and Kasich, the one candidate that can win, is being pressured to quit. 

I fear there's nothing good that is going to come of this election.   We were poised to have it all,  and we're going to throw it away for the transient pleasure of a political bender.       

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 01:11:45 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

A-Lert

Are the polls correct or aren't they?

Calling Trump supporters names is fruitless and pointless. It makes all the anti-Trumps look immature and spiteful. That's been a problem for the GOP for years. They prove over and over again that they are incapable of unifying voters. I don't call you names and ridicule you, do I?

Unlike the media, I know that Kasich isn't the governor of Indiana. Would I vote for him if he were the nominee? Hell yes. But why isn't Kasich leading in the delegate count? Why isn't Cruz?

Calling Trump a madman is juvenile. It is another reason the GOP has earned the moniker, the Stupid Party.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

We were poised to have it all,  and we're going to throw it away for the transient pleasure of a political bender.     

Next morning: "I voted for who?'

Offline libertybele

Are the polls correct or aren't they?

Calling Trump supporters names is fruitless and pointless. It makes all the anti-Trumps look immature and spiteful. That's been a problem for the GOP for years. They prove over and over again that they are incapable of unifying voters. I don't call you names and ridicule you, do I?

Unlike the media, I know that Kasich isn't the governor of Indiana. Would I vote for him if he were the nominee? Hell yes. But why isn't Kasich leading in the delegate count? Why isn't Cruz?

Calling Trump a madman is juvenile. It is another reason the GOP has earned the moniker, the Stupid Party.

Things are critical.  I think we have to take a look at and consider two things; who is the most prepared to be Commander in Chief and who can beat Hillary Clinton.  If we honestly answer these two questions, in reality Trump is neither prepared to be Commander in Chief nor can he cannot beat Hillary.  If we take a look at Kasich, with his past experience(s) he is prepared to be Commander in Chief; I am concerned that he cannot beat Hillary. Kasich would be no match for her in a debate; his debating skills are limited to outlining what he's done as a governor and I don't see him going after her record or being able to expose her when she spews her lies.  With Cruz's experience as Solicitor General/Supreme court and Senator, and Constitutional knowledge, he is prepared to be Commander in Chief. One on one, his debating skills are second to none, and  I have no doubt that he can debate Hillary and win hands down and expose her for the criminal she is.  He can defeat Hillary in the general.

I know I've been a long time Cruz supporter and perhaps somewhat biased ... but out of the three .. Cruz would make the better nominee and has a better chance of defeating Hillary.  If we go to convention; I'm afraid it will hand the White House to Hillary.  Let's face it, the GOPe has struck out the last two times and  Trump supporters will be ticked and Trump will likely run 3rd party and Hillary will be our next president.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 02:46:00 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

A-Lert

Things are critical.  I think we have to take a look at and consider two things; who is the most prepared to be Commander in Chief and who can beat Hillary Clinton.  If we honestly answer these two questions, in reality Trump is neither prepared to be Commander in Chief nor can he cannot beat Hillary.  If we take a look at Kasich, with his past experience(s) he is prepared to be Commander in Chief; I am concerned that he cannot beat Hillary. Kasich would be no match for her in a debate; his debating skills are limited to outlining what he's done as a governor and I don't see him going after her record or being able to expose her when she spews her lies.  With Cruz's experience as Solicitor General/Supreme court and Senator, and Constitutional knowledge, he is prepared to be Commander in Chief. One on one, his debating skills are second to none, and  I have no doubt that he can debate Hillary and win hands down and expose her for the criminal she is.  He can defeat Hillary in the general.

I know I've been a long time Cruz supporter and perhaps somewhat biased ... but out of the three .. Cruz would make the better nominee and has a better chance of defeating Hillary.  If we go to convention; I'm afraid it will hand the White House to Hillary.  Let's face it, the GOPe has struck out the last two times and  Trump supporters will be ticked and Trump will likely run 3rd party and Hillary will be our next president.

First; I don't believe Trump will run 3rd party if he doesn't get the nomination.

Second; If he does get the nomination, I think it is more than likely that the sore loser GOPers will not support the Trump ticket.

Why would any woman vote for a sexual predator enabler? It totally baffles me how any sane human being could possibly support that vile, evil  witch.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Senile Trump.  He's 70 and losing his marbles.

Or, just paraphrase the late Ann Richards: Poor Donald. He can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sinkspur

First; I don't believe Trump will run 3rd party if he doesn't get the nomination.

Second; If he does get the nomination, I think it is more than likely that the sore loser GOPers will not support the Trump ticket.

Why would any woman vote for a sexual predator enabler? It totally baffles me how any sane human being could possibly support that vile, evil  witch.

Hillary's not a misogynist.  Trump is.

I hate them both.  But Trump is driving women away with these goofy tweet spats he's starting.

Offline libertybele

Ok ... I'll give you the first point.  On the second point, I don't think it's a matter of GOPers being sore losers as much as GOPers realizing that Trump will be equally as disastrous as Hillary.

No woman would vote for a sexual predator enabler, but neither would any woman vote for a male chauvinist who demoralizes and degrades women. 

Trump v. Clinton --- I can't think of a more devestating election.  I can't help but look back six months ago at how positive things looked for the GOP when we had 17 candidates to chose from; including outsiders, and young and new candidates. Any way you cut it, Trump chiseled away at them one by one, while virtually leaving Hillary alone.  The writing on the wall has never been so obvious.  Trump's objective was to take down the GOP and pave the way for Hillary.   
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 03:08:50 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Or, just paraphrase the late Ann Richards: Poor Donald. He can't help it. He was born with a silver foot in his mouth.

Finally found a good use for Ann Richards' wit.

A-Lert

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Trump is not a misogynist.
Trump loves women.  He has purchased, used, and discarded many.