Author Topic: Trump doubles down on Heidi Cruz attacks  (Read 11625 times)

Offline flowers

Re: Trump doubles down on Heidi Cruz attacks
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2016, 10:08:38 pm »
It would be a welcome change if the candidates -and all of us - laid off the personal attacks and, instead, focused on issues.
All of us????????   That is a gem coming from you, it really is. All of you attack us with insults and the owners/management  do nothing about it. They enable all of you. Us.......they ban, give time outs and now as of today made a wonderful man leave this site for good.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:10:28 pm by flowers »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2016, 10:11:08 pm »
All of us????????   That is a gem coming from you, it really is. All of you attack us with insults and the owners/management  do nothing about it. They enable all of you. Us........***crickets***  rant/off.

Are you aware that you're talking to mountaineer?? 

She's one of the fairest, most even-handed people on this forum, and puts most of the rest of us to shame.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #152 on: March 25, 2016, 10:12:50 pm »
Me too. And his VP Nixon, who preceded my mother by a few years, at Whittier College. I became politically aware since there was that connection. My mother had grown up in Whittier, and in my first few years my grandparents still lived there.

Later Nixon ran for President in 1960. And I continued to be politically aware. Fast forward to the time I returned from military service overseas, and Nixon had established his Western WH where my parents lived, in San Clemente.

My brother worked building a restaurant for the son of Robert Mardian, in Dana Point. It still stands, and he still owns it. 

I became a Watergate junkie for a time.

I wasn't very old, but remember being up in my room and crying the night Nixon lost to JFK.

I was a Watergate junkie for quite a while.  I watched a lot of the hearings on TV.  Fascinating times, IMO..........

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

« Reply #153 on: March 25, 2016, 10:18:20 pm »
Are you aware that you're talking to mountaineer?? 

She's one of the fairest, most even-handed people on this forum, and puts most of the rest of us to shame.   **nononono*
Yes I am......just as fair as you are.  :smokin:

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2016, 10:26:10 pm »
I still like IKE!  :patriot:

I pray we never forget his boldness, indeed his willingness to barter his soul, as Supreme Allied Commander.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2016, 10:34:25 pm »
I was watching when Cartah was elected. I was maybe 9 or so. As young as i was the first thing I thought was "Oh Shit"
That's coming from a 10 year old child.

Can you imagine how stupid the adults must have been?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #156 on: March 25, 2016, 11:20:30 pm »
Yes I am......just as fair as you are.  :smokin:

I think you are mistaken, flowers.

mountaineer is never personal.  She is never vengeful.  She tries to mediate and calm things down.

I know you have come to despise me because of my views on Trump (which you used to share, IIRC), but don't lump mountaineer in, even with me on this.

If you can't handle her, perhaps you need to stay on the caucus thread where no one says anything you don't like.....

Offline musiclady

« Reply #157 on: March 25, 2016, 11:21:35 pm »
I pray we never forget his boldness, indeed his willingness to barter his soul, as Supreme Allied Commander.

We wouldn't have the free world we now have if it weren't for Ike.

And we wouldn't have freeways either!  :patriot:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2016, 12:18:26 am »
All of us????????   That is a gem coming from you, it really is. All of you attack us with insults and the owners/management  do nothing about it. They enable all of you. Us.......they ban, give time outs and now as of today made a wonderful man leave this site for good.
Sorry you feel that way. It's my understanding that several "anti-Trumps" have received timeouts recently (even today), and no one has been forced to leave in a long, ling time.

Thanks for the kind words, ML.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2016, 12:34:05 am »

mountaineer, you are always the epitome of class in my book.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2016, 12:37:48 am »
I remember having a social studies teacher in Junior High who was obsessed with Watergate.  At least it seemed that way to me because he talked about it everyday.  Also in JH I had a History teacher who made a bulletin board that read "Let's Have  5 in '75."  We were to get some sort of reward if we could figure out what it meant.  None of us did.  She told us later that it was about the ERA -- Equal Rights Amendment.  It was a feminist thing.  She was a passionate Democrat and feminist.  We were kids and could not have cared less about any of it.

I became immersed in the hearings. I marveled how Howard Baker handled himself. I mean it. I wanted to emulate his depth of thought, his articulation of his points. That part is a fond memory.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2016, 12:38:21 am »
I remember having a social studies teacher in Junior High who was obsessed with Watergate.  At least it seemed that way to me because he talked about it everyday.  Also in JH I had a History teacher who made a bulletin board that read "Let's Have  5 in '75."  We were to get some sort of reward if we could figure out what it meant.  None of us did.  She told us later that it was about the ERA -- Equal Rights Amendment.  It was a feminist thing.  She was a passionate Democrat and feminist.  We were kids and could not have cared less about any of it.
Funny. A friend of mine who attended Catholic school on Long Island said one of the nun teachers was obsessed with the Masons and blamed everything from the attack on  Pearl Harbor to dyspepsia on them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2016, 02:35:45 am »
Sorry you feel that way. It's my understanding that several "anti-Trumps" have received timeouts recently (even today), and no one has been forced to leave in a long, ling time.

Not a problem, mountaineer.

I just calls em as I sees em....    :beer:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2016, 02:39:54 am »

Hmmm........ I can tell from your story that I am MUCH older than you are!  I had graduated from college, was teaching, and watched the hearings during the summer.

I also remember, Lando, that Howard Baker was a gentleman, and admired the way he handled himself.

Different days, eh?  Can you imagine if anyone was as awful as our 'front runner' back in those days?  Never would have happened.

It's a shame how far we've fallen........

A-Lert

« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2016, 02:46:56 am »
Hmmm........ I can tell from your story that I am MUCH older than you are!  I had graduated from college, was teaching, and watched the hearings during the summer.

I also remember, Lando, that Howard Baker was a gentleman, and admired the way he handled himself.

Different days, eh?  Can you imagine if anyone was as awful as our 'front runner' back in those days?  Never would have happened.

It's a shame how far we've fallen........

Different days because the media protected politicians. There was no internet. No 24 hour cable or satellite TV.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2016, 02:48:36 am »
Funny. A friend of mine who attended Catholic school on Long Island said one of the nun teachers was obsessed with the Masons and blamed everything from the attack on  Pearl Harbor to dyspepsia on them.

What???  The Masons didn't attack us on Pearl Harbor???   Who knew???

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2016, 02:51:41 am »

Silly nuns. Everyone knows we attack from the East where the sun rises. ;)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2016, 02:58:12 am »
Silly nuns. Everyone knows we attack from the East where the sun rises. ;)

hehe..................

Offline musiclady

« Reply #168 on: March 26, 2016, 02:58:48 am »
As my twin brother said it, we turned double nickles this year.

Yup. **nononono*

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #169 on: March 26, 2016, 03:23:28 am »

C'mon people, everyone knows PH was the Illuminati. They always get the the high profile stuff, while the Masons get the dirty back alley work.
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

« Reply #170 on: March 26, 2016, 03:41:40 am »
C'mon people, everyone knows PH was the Illuminati. They always get the the high profile stuff, while the Masons get the dirty back alley work.

I thought it was the Nazi-dinosaurs from the center of the earth.  I saw a movie preview about them, so it must be true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPwtDjzJMI
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:41:56 am by HonestJohn »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #171 on: March 26, 2016, 05:19:12 am »
Even though it was about scandal, don't you think everyone acted more like adults than the politicians of today?  I mean, there were still dirty tricks on both sides, obviously.  But the school yard bully nonsense is not something I remember.

I agree. There was a gravity to it. Serious. There was still a statesmanship that trumped partisan politics. Not always, but it was there.
John Steinbeck

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #172 on: March 26, 2016, 08:11:57 am »

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #173 on: March 26, 2016, 02:43:13 pm »
Eisenhower was the master of the 'pocket veto'.   He promoted true infrastructure and for the rest he simply let America be America with NO government involvement.  Oh how the msm hated the man.

I well remember the msm bashing Truman's wife and daughter.   He threatened to punch a reporter in the nose for criticizing his daughter's piano playing.   As for Mrs. Truman, the msm constantly ridiculed her 'housedresses'.
No fashion model this lovely woman.

These are things I remember.  I was born before the 2nd. World War began.  Times were tough we were patriots.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #174 on: March 26, 2016, 03:03:19 pm »

I'll second those accurate words by MusicLady.

And, as for the "anti-Trumps" that seems to be roughly two groups of people; one who is anti-Trump first and foremost, and the rest of us who prefer another, better option than Trump.  Our comments do occasionally coincide, but to lump us into one group of "Trump haters" is a mistake and not honest.