Author Topic: I asked Trump a policy question. Then he called me ‘beautiful.’  (Read 1944 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/03/21/i-asked-trump-a-policy-question-then-he-called-me-beautiful/

I asked Trump a policy question. Then he called me ‘beautiful.’

By Karen Attiah March 21 at 7:02 PM 

Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner for the presidential nomination, met with The Washington Post’s editorial board Monday to answer questions ranging from his views on NATO and the American criminal justice system to the violence that has been plaguing his rallies. We hoped that we would get to peel back some of the layers of Trump. In our meeting, when asked whether he thought there were racial disparities in how laws are enforced, Trump said he had “no opinion.” As time was running out, I wanted to press him a little more on if he plans to run on and/or govern on a message of racial inclusion.

TRUMP: Well, first of all, if you look at some polls that have come out, I’m doing very well with African Americans. I’m doing, actually if you look at the polls, a lot of the polls that came out, in the, um, what do they call it? Exit polls, like from Nevada and other places, I’m doing very well with Hispanics.

ATTIAH: I think the some of the polls are saying you’re doing [in the] negatives.

TRUMP: We do, if it’s illegals, in other words, if it’s everybody, but people that are legally living here, I’m doing very well. In other words, people that are here, like Hispanics that are in the country, I’m doing very well. People that vote. Like people leaving voting booths and all, I’m doing very well with them. I want to be inclusive, but at the same time, people should come here legally, they should be here legally. And I think the reason I’m doing, that I will do well, especially once I get started, don’t forget I haven’t even focused on Hillary yet. And, and as you know, you know I’ve had polls that are against me, but I’ve had many polls that say I’d beat Hillary, but they’re not that, that, they don’t mean anything now because it’s too early. Because I haven’t hit her. I’ve only hit her once, and that was eight weeks ago, but, I haven’t started on Hillary yet, and when I do I think I’ll be able to make my points. I mean, you know, but, but I think that just to try and answer your question: Uh, I am the least racist person that you will ever meet. Okay. That I can tell you.

ATTIAH: But do you feel that your messages, your rhetoric, are dangerous and divisive for this country? How do you feel they’re . . .

TRUMP: I don’t think so. No, I don’t think so. With the Muslim thing I think it’s a serious problem. I’ve had Muslims call and tell me you’re right with the Muslim thing, I think it’s a serious problem. And it’s a problem that has to be addressed. I mean, there’s tremendous hatred. Even the, even the guy they caught in Paris. He was being hid out by other Muslims, and everybody is after him, and he’s living right next to where he grew up. There’s a serious, serious problem with the Muslims and it’s got to be addressed. It’s temporary, and it’s got to be addressed. And you know you may think of it as negative, many people think it’s very positive.

As the meeting ended and we were walking out of the room, I thanked Trump for taking my question. He turned to me and said, “I really hope I answered your question,” and added casually with a smile, “Beautiful.” I was stunned. I didn’t say thank you, and I don’t think I smiled. He then walked out to meet with my Post colleagues briefly before heading to the elevator. I stayed in the conference room for a few minutes as it sunk in that the potential GOP nominee for president thought it was okay to comment on my appearance. Did he just say that?

Planning out how to question Trump in a way that was illuminating was like planning for asymmetrical warfare against an opponent who doesn’t follow the same rules as you do. Who doesn’t believe in rules. Who thinks that rules won’t help make America great again. In Trump’s world, commenting on a woman’s appearance in a professional setting is fair game, as is predicting riots if he doesn’t get the nomination, threatening the speaker of the House, vowing to “open up” libel laws to go after “unfair” media, and helping to stoke the flames of violence at his rallies.

Perhaps he thought that calling me beautiful would make me ignore the fact that he brazenly lied about his polling numbers among Hispanic voters. Or make me believe that he wasn’t really a racist. Who knows? At least now I know, firsthand, that the sexism that Trump puts on display against Megyn Kelly under the lights of national TV is not that much different from how he is in real life toward female journalists.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: I asked Trump a policy question. Then he called me ‘beautiful.’
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 03:16:47 am »
The evidence just continues to pile up that Trump is a vulgar, sexist, xenophhobe who would only be enabled by an election to abuse and corrupt America. 

Silently, voters will turn away from this clownish personage, horrified that they even considered him for the highest office in the land.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 03:18:29 am »
Well she is hot. I would hit it. The difference is that I am not running for President. Is Trump going to be Slick Willie on steroids in office?

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 03:21:07 am »
I guess he should have called her "gender neutral." 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 03:24:04 am »
Well she is hot. I would hit it. The difference is that I am not running for President. Is Trump going to be Slick Willie on steroids in office?

Trump's 70.  He can talk, but he likely can't deliver.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 03:38:49 am »
Trump's 70.  He can talk, but he likely can't deliver.

Yeah right. I know some rich old bastards that do more damage than I did back in my 20's. It is the the exciting combination of large stacks of disposable cash with a hint of pharmaceuticals...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 04:19:57 am »
Ivanka is going to be jealous.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 04:32:13 am »
Ivanka is going to be jealous.

Now that there is funny.

A-Lert

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 04:52:17 am »
What makes her believe Trump was referring to her appearance? He didn't say, You are beautiful. Evidently she thinks highly of herself.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 05:15:13 am »
Now that there is funny.
Glad to know I'm giving back some of the laughter you have given me.  I really enjoy your biting sarcasm.  I need more Frank Cannon posts.

A-Lert

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 06:03:28 am »
http://www.dangerandplay.com/2016/03/21/karen-attiah-hoaxes-her-way-to-stardom/

Karen Attiah Hoaxes Her Way to Stardom

March 21, 2016 By Mike Cernovich

Join the discussion…

temphero • 6 hours ago

What the hell? She got triggered by a compliment? This is the society we live in, where a compliment shuts you down mentally.

Pat Henry temphero • 5 hours ago

She probably knows he was lying to her.. LOL

Dave Smith • 6 hours ago

Woman gets called beautiful (if it really happened) and gets offended. It's an upside down world!

Whatever happened to "thank you"?

Rude Man • 5 hours ago

Beautiful. He was probably just excited that she was leaving. "This pain in the ass gal is finally leaving" (in his head). "Beautiful" (out loud).

Tehy • 4 hours ago

Second article I read and second time I comment: even if this were true, who cares? A man calls you beautiful say thank you. Hell, feel free to not enjoy it but don't go crying to social media, are you serious?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 06:13:42 am »
http://www.dangerandplay.com/2016/03/21/karen-attiah-hoaxes-her-way-to-stardom/

Karen Attiah Hoaxes Her Way to Stardom

March 21, 2016 By Mike Cernovich

Join the discussion…

temphero • 6 hours ago

What the hell? She got triggered by a compliment? This is the society we live in, where a compliment shuts you down mentally.

Pat Henry temphero • 5 hours ago

She probably knows he was lying to her.. LOL

Dave Smith • 6 hours ago

Woman gets called beautiful (if it really happened) and gets offended. It's an upside down world!

Whatever happened to "thank you"?

Rude Man • 5 hours ago

Beautiful. He was probably just excited that she was leaving. "This pain in the ass gal is finally leaving" (in his head). "Beautiful" (out loud).

Tehy • 4 hours ago

Second article I read and second time I comment: even if this were true, who cares? A man calls you beautiful say thank you. Hell, feel free to not enjoy it but don't go crying to social media, are you serious?

Of course this is the second article you read Cut-N-Paste. You just posted it oddly on a Kasich thread.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,199463.msg819157.html#msg819157

I just read a thread on a Kindle issues that this blog post would be perfect on. That way you could brag you read and commented on it 3 times.

A-Lert

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 06:20:40 am »
Of course this is the second article you read Cut-N-Paste. You just posted it oddly on a Kasich thread.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,199463.msg819157.html#msg819157

I just read a thread on a Kindle issues that this blog post would be perfect on. That way you could brag you read and commented on it 3 times.

It was posted on a Kasich thread to indicate that I do read and research. I then posted it on a thread where she assumed Trump called her, the "writer", beautiful. Try to keep up, Frank. I can explain things, but I can't make you understand.