Author Topic: Trump Is Gaslighting America: This is an intervention. America, you have a Trump problem.  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Nicole Hemmer
U.S. News & World Report
March 15, 2016

Dear America,

This is an intervention.

You have a problem.

Donald Trump.

He’s gaslighting you.

It’s a technique abusers use: Through manipulation and outright lies, they so disorient their target that the person (or in this case, the country) is left defenseless. He’s gaslighting you.

Trump is a toxic blend of Barnum and bully. If you’re a good mark, he’s your best friend. But if you catch on to the con, then he starts to gaslight. Ask him a question and he’ll lie without batting an eye. Call him a liar and he’ll declare himself “truthful to a fault.” Confront him with contradictory evidence and he’ll shrug and repeat the fib. Maybe he’ll change the subject. But he’ll never change the lie.
More

Wikipedia article on gaslighting

Offline GourmetDan

Oh... for a minute there I thought you were talking about Obama... Clintoon... Sanders... Schumer... Reid... Pelosi... etc... etc... etc...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.

Oh... for a minute there I thought you were talking about Obama... Clintoon... Sanders... Schumer... Reid... Pelosi... etc... etc... etc...

She could have been (I assume you meant Droopy Drawers and not Hilarious Rodent Clinton), but does that make
what she says any less true of The Donald?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
She could have been (I assume you meant Droopy Drawers and not Hilarious Rodent Clinton), but does that make
what she says any less true of The Donald?

Absolutely doesn't!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

A-Lert

The inept GOP congress is at fault. They've lied, deceived and broken promises for decades. The people are fed up and they are rejecting the aimless, listless, useless GOP. They are demanding change and the stupid party just doesn't get it.

Bill Cipher

The inept GOP congress is at fault. They've lied, deceived and broken promises for decades. The people are fed up and they are rejecting the aimless, listless, useless GOP. They are demanding change and the stupid party just doesn't get it.

So, because they're upset with the "stupid" party these same people throw a childish temper tantrum and support the one person who truly embodies both stupidity and the establishment.  Who needs the democrats when you have the Trumpettes. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

So, because they're upset with the "stupid" party these same people throw a childish temper tantrum and support the one person who truly embodies both stupidity and the establishment.  Who needs the democrats when you have the Trumpettes.

:boring:

Offline GAJohnnie

Infantile insults and fake strawmen arguments seem to be the sum total of the writing skills in the media these days.

Offline sinkspur

Morning JoeVerified account
‏@Morning_Joe

Who is @realDonaldTrump consulting on foreign policy?
Trump: I'm speaking with myself, I have a very good brain
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Bill Kristol ‏@BillKristol  33m33 minutes ago

Irony of History, part 75:

GOP near historic highs in Congress, Govs, state legs. May nominate presidential candidate with 67% disapproval.

Offline sinkspur

Michael Graham
‏@IAMMGraham

Trumpies today: In Nov. you'll all vote Trump
Conservs: No way
T: Yes you will!
11/4:DT loses
Trumpies: Hey, you bastards didn't vote Trump!

HonestJohn

Morning JoeVerified account
‏@Morning_Joe

Who is @realDonaldTrump consulting on foreign policy?
Trump: I'm speaking with myself, I have a very good brain

I know, I've seen it on Neil deGrasse Tyson's desk.  It's been soaking in formaldehyde in a jar since the mid-1980s.

:tongue2:

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!