Author Topic: GOP senator: Political class is 'losing control' - Hitting 'Panic Button'  (Read 831 times)

HAPPY2BME

Sen. David Perdue, R-Ga., says the political establishment in Washington has "hit the panic button" because they're afraid of losing their own political power.

While Perdue hasn't endorsed a Republican candidate, he said in an op-ed for the Daily Signal that the best course of action for Republicans is to listen to voters on the question of who should become the nominee. So far, most GOP voters seem to be choosing Donald Trump or Sen. Ted Cruz as their nominee, the two candidates most widely seen as outsiders who are threatening establishment Republicans.

"In state after state this year, voters have voiced support for presidential candidates who are not part of the political class," Perdue wrote.

"This is a growing movement, and it is bigger than any one candidate or election victory," he added. "Unless the political establishment is willing to learn from the anger felt by millions of Americans who feel left behind, this will not end in November.

Republicans have talked openly about ensuring that Trump doesn't become the nominee during the July convention, and argued that voters are making the wrong choice.

Perdue, in contrast, said that "political elites prefer tearing down individuals to understanding what created this movement." He said political elites on the GOP side have created "an entirely new breed of disenfranchised voters.

"A recent survey of likely Republican primary voters showed that 86 percent believe that 'people like me don't have any say about what the government does,'" he wrote. "Another recent exit poll in my home state of Georgia showed six in ten Republicans felt 'betrayed' by their political party."

Perdue concluded by saying Republicans need to closely examine how to regain the trust of American voters. "Let's start with simply listening to them," he wrote.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gop-senator-political-class-is-losing-control/article/2585744

HAPPY2BME

When most Americans look at the federal government, all they see are years of failed policies that have made life harder for them and their families, and a political class that is well connected and uninterested in giving them a say in how to right the ship.

People are still hurting, and they are weary of Washington’s penchant for business as usual. Georgians sent me—someone who had never run for elected office—to the United States Senate to try and do something about it and change the system. In state after state this year, voters have voiced support for presidential candidates who are not part of the political class.

http://dailysignal.com/2016/03/14/why-washingtons-political-class-is-losing-control/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:16:09 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline sinkspur

"A recent survey of likely Republican primary voters showed that 86 percent believe that 'people like me don't have any say about what the government does,'" he wrote.

Strange.  "People like me" get to vote every two years for their rep, every four for Prez and every six for Senate.   

So guess who the problem is when "people like me" continue to elect the people they want?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

Strange.  "People like me" get to vote every two years for their rep, every four for Prez and every six for Senate.   

So guess who the problem is when "people like me" continue to elect the people they want?

I thought you may have figured out by now that "people like me" are finally sick of voting for one thing being said to them by GOProg candidates, and then having the GOProgs go to DC and do another.  What you're seeing is a massive rejection of the system that you are a part of maintaining.

You seem pretty slow on the uptake, though, so I still hold out hope that at some point you'll understand what is happening around you this primary season. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

I thought you may have figured out by now that "people like me" are finally sick of voting for one thing being said to them by GOProg candidates, and then having the GOProgs go to DC and do another.  What you're seeing is a massive rejection of the system that you are a part of maintaining.

You seem pretty slow on the uptake, though, so I still hold out hope that at some point you'll understand what is happening around you this primary season.

The Trumpkins tell me that large numbers of Trump supporters are first time voters.  They have no grounds to bitch about anything if they've spent 50 years on the planet and have never voted.

Offline Carling

The Trumpkins tell me that large numbers of Trump supporters are first time voters.  They have no grounds to bitch about anything if they've spent 50 years on the planet and have never voted.

I wish I had never voted for either Romney nor McCain, but people like you had me convinced it was the right thing to do as a Republican.  Now that your GOProg candidates are being soundly rejected, you and others are lashing out like children at the same voters you guilted into voting for those dullards in 2008 and 2012.  Your behavior along with you gang and GOProg leadership really opened my eyes to the lies they have told us all.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:13:16 pm by Carling »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

They're not given a real choice. The opponents who run are almost always worse than the incumbents: all party stooges. Independents don't have the resources or name recognition to break through, and even they usually don't have a clue.

What we need is "none of the above" voting: require a candidate to gain a majority of votes cast, or the seat gets left empty until the next election.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sinkspur

I wish I had never voted for either Romney nor McCain, but people like you had me convinced it was the right thing to do as a Republican.  Now that your GOProg candidates are being soundly rejected, you and others are lashing out like children at the same voters you guilted into voting for those dullards in 2008 and 2012. Cite really opened my eyes to the lies your leaders told us all.

Poor little Carling.  Blaming me for holding a gun to your head and making you vote for Romney.

Do you know how ridiculous and uninformed you look?

Offline sinkspur

They're not given a real choice. The opponents who run are almost always worse than the incumbents: all party stooges. Independents don't have the resources or name recognition to break through, and even they usually don't have a clue.

What we need is "none of the above" voting: require a candidate to gain a majority of votes cast, or the seat gets left empty until the next election.

So voters vote for candidates they don't like, over and over and over.   Most incumbents win re-election.

Then, people who don't vote bitch about the representatives they allow other voters to elect.

A-Lert

How do you know their ages and eligibility status?

Offline Carling

Poor little Carling.  Blaming me for holding a gun to your head and making you vote for Romney.

Do you know how ridiculous and uninformed you look?

I'm not blaming you for my failure to see what I was voting for versus what I was being told.

As for ridiculous and uninformed you may want to look in a mirror.  When was your last substantive post?

Offline sinkspur

I'm not blaming you for my failure to see what I was voting for versus what I was being told.

As for ridiculous and uninformed you may want to look in a mirror.  When was your last substantive post?

I make about a dozen a day.  Including articles, that comes to 20 or more.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
So voters vote for candidates they don't like, over and over and over.   Most incumbents win re-election.

Then, people who don't vote bitch about the representatives they allow other voters to elect.

Most incumbents win re-election because "Our guy is mostly OK, it's the guys Kentucky voted for that are the problem."

You are all making the same classic mistake:

We here are NOT normal and NOT the base!

Normal is to think about the election as you park up to go vote. It's not ideal, but it is what it is.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
No, most of them don't vote at all, because there's no one to vote FOR. A blank vote does nothing, so they simply stay home, leaving those who benefit from the Status Quo to cast their votes in favor of the incumbents. Have you seen midterm turnouts?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:32:52 pm by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024