Author Topic: Deport Melania Trump  (Read 3979 times)

Offline sinkspur

Deport Melania Trump
« on: March 11, 2016, 07:05:00 pm »
Deport Melania Trump

by KEVIN D. WILLIAMSON   

March 11, 2016 11:21 AM

She is, literally, the poster girl for his corrupt, H-1B-exploiting agency.

Donald Trump cannot quite decide what he thinks about the H-1B visa program, under which certain high-skilled foreign workers are permitted to work in the United States. Silicon Valley executives love it, and Silicon Valley worker bees hate it, charging that it is used to undercut domestic wages.

Because Donald Trump is a man who knows nothing about almost anything, his mind (as John B. Anderson once said of Jimmy Carter) is “like a seat cushion that bears the imprint of the last person who sat in it.” In the last debate, Trump decided, out of nowhere, that he was reversing his formerly restrictive view of the H-1B visa program, that our high-tech businesses needed those foreign workers, the domestic supply being insufficient. About five minutes later, having been informed that abruptly reversing himself on his key issue was bound to cost him a few votes — once suspects that Ann Coulter was on the verge of tears or worse — Trump announced that he was reversing his reversal.

It is natural that Trump is of two minds on the question. There is the third Mrs. Trump to consider.

Donald Trump, a man whose sexual insecurities are such that he feels the need to reassure the republic that his tiny little fingers are not proportional to his genitals — Lincoln versus Douglas this ain’t — and to boast in his memoirs about his sex life (“Oftentimes when I was sleeping with one of the top women in the world I would say to myself, thinking about me as a boy from Queens, ‘Can you believe what I am getting?’”), invested in beauty pageants and a modeling agency. If you are thinking that sounds like a pretty transparent ploy to put himself in the company of economically subordinate women, the fact is that his third/current wife is a former client of the Trump modeling agency, a Slovene by the name of Melanija Knavs, known to the world now as Melania Trump. The third/current Mrs. Trump came to these United States on an H-1B visa.

Being married to Donald Trump is, as it turns out, another temporary job Americans just won’t do.

Given Trump’s habitual disregard for the law and for basic decency in his business affairs, it will come as no surprise that there is evidence coming to light that Trump Model Management is a serial abuser of the H-1B visa program, that it lied to modeling recruits overseas about their earnings in the United States while raiding such wages as they did earn with undisclosed fees (the structural parallels with prostitution-trafficking rings are too obvious to belabor), and, more to the point as a criminal question, lied to U.S. immigration authorities about those wages, too.

The H-1B program is structured in such as way as to (theoretically, if not in practice) prevent firms from simply bringing in foreign help on the cheap to avoid paying prevailing U.S. wages. The idea is that when companies that need specialized, highly skilled workers, or those with unusual endowments, they should be able to bring them in relatively easily from abroad when they cannot locate the workers they need at home. One of the safeguards is the requirement that firms disclose the wages of their foreign workers, so that these can be compared with typical domestic wages in the field.

In the case of Alexia Palmer, a Jamaican model recruited by Trump and brought to the United States, the agency told her — and federal immigration authorities — that she would be paid $75,000 a year, a figure that seems to have been the agency’s go-to figure. Given that the “prevailing wage” was calculated at $45,000 a year, immigration authorities would not have any reason to believe that Palmer was simply being brought in to undercut domestic rivals financially.

But, in reality, she was paid about $10,000 a year on average.

Under federal law, the requirement that H-1B workers be paid what is claimed on their immigration paperwork falls either on an employer (in the case of a worker with a full-time commitment to one firm) or, as in the case of models such as Palmer, their agencies, in this case Trump Model Management. New York immigration lawyer Jeffrey Feinbloom tells CNN: “It seems pretty clear to me that there was a violation . . . and a pretty egregious violation.” That would not be surprising: The program has a long and sometimes shocking history of abuse.

Trump likes to proclaim that our inability to enforce our immigration law is an existential threat, like terrorism: “Either we have a country or we don’t,” he says. When it comes to such threats, Trump’s tough-guy posturing encompasses all sorts of things: leaning on private companies and using the law to penalize them if they will not toe his line on immigration, violating the rights of U.S. citizens, and, famously, his pledging to treat the families of terrorism suspects like terrorists themselves, to be “very hard on the families.” Trump has publicly stated that — his words here — “a young and beautiful piece of ass” is a shield against all criticism. But the third/current Mrs. Trump is literally the poster girl for a modeling agency that is credibly accused of systematically abusing the very immigration laws whose robust enforcement is the purported raison d’être of his presidential campaign. If immigration abuse is an existential threat and getting tough on the families is our new national ethos, there’s only one conclusion.

Deport Melania Trump

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432679/donald-trump-melania-trump-immigration-h1b-visa
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Deport Melania Trump
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 05:15:10 am »

Deport Melania Trump

She is, literally, the poster girl for his corrupt, H-1B-exploiting agency.

In the case of Alexia Palmer, a Jamaican model recruited by Trump and brought to the United States, the agency told her — and federal immigration authorities — that she would be paid $75,000 a year, a figure that seems to have been the agency’s go-to figure. Given that the “prevailing wage” was calculated at $45,000 a year, immigration authorities would not have any reason to believe that Palmer was simply being brought in to undercut domestic rivals financially. But, in reality, she was paid about $10,000 a year on average.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432679/donald-trump-melania-trump-immigration-h1b-visa

Yet another example of how Trump is do as I say not as I do.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Deport Melania Trump
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 05:41:54 am »
Hilarious

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 06:03:37 am »
NRO HAS DECIDED TO TWIST AND LIE, ANYTHING TO BRING TRUMP DOWN!
Here are some actual facts:
Wow!
Talk about playing loose with facts ie lies!
Palmer was discovered by a Jamaican agency’s Caribbean Model Search and became the first Jamaican model to appear in Vogue magazine without being signed by a global fashion label. Palmer moved to New York in 2011.
[/b]

Read more: http://jamaicans.com/jamaican-model-alexia-palmer-sues-trump-owned-talent-agency/#ixzz42l874ayr

Melania,
After studying design and architecture at the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia,[10] Knauss worked as a model for major fashion houses in Milan and Paris before relocating to New York City in 1996.[10] Working with photographers including Helmut Newton, Patrick Demarchelier, and Mario Testino,[10][6] Knauss subsequently appeared on the covers of Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Ocean Drive, In Style, New York Magazine, Avenue, Allure, Vanity Fair, Self, Glamour, GQ, Elle, FHM, and was featured as a bikini model in the 2000 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue.[12][13][14] As a model, she was associated with several well-known modeling agencies, including Donald Trump's Trump Model Management.[11]
She got her green card, applied for citizenship, waited like everyone else, and became a citizen.
She met Trump at a party in 1998!
Trump modeling was started in 1999. **nononono*

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

A-Lert

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2016, 07:53:36 am »
When did National Review become a democrat party bitch?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2016, 11:46:23 am »
She got her green card, applied for citizenship, waited like everyone else, and became a citizen.
Trump modeling was started in 1999.
Facts matter. I have no problem criticizing Trump's resume because much of it is relevant to his character and whether he's an appropriate choice for the presidency -  but there's no reason to make stuff up, as National Review appears to be doing. NRO need not resort to fabrications to bash him. Just tell the truth.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 12:10:41 pm »

When? That would be the day Donald Trump entered the race.

Let's face it. We're watching the self immolation of the conservative movement, as it rejects voters attracted to the Republican Party by Donald Trump's welcoming message of American national interest and security, and the focus on growing American jobs and lifting American middle income wages out of the doldrums.

Ooh, does that sound nativist? Nationalistic? Tough noogies.

AMERICA FIRST! DONALD TRUMP 2016!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2016, 12:26:18 pm »
We're watching the self immolation of the conservative movement, as it rejects voters attracted to the Republican Party by Donald Trump's welcoming message of American national interest and security, and the focus on growing American jobs and lifting American middle income wages out of the doldrums.

It sounds LIBERAL.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 12:32:34 pm »
It sounds LIBERAL.

Sorry you feel that way. In my opinion, liberals would disagree with you.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 12:40:00 pm »
When? That would be the day Donald Trump entered the race.

Let's face it. We're watching the self immolation of the conservative movement, as it rejects voters attracted to the Republican Party by Donald Trump's welcoming message of American national interest and security, and the focus on growing American jobs and lifting American middle income wages out of the doldrums.

AMERICA FIRST! DONALD TRUMP 2016!

Yeah.  I hate muslims, I hate mexicans, real welcoming message - to whiny old men whose concept of the future ended in the 1980s.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 04:13:56 pm »
Sorry you feel that way. In my opinion, liberals would disagree with you.
Until they see the price tag.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 09:41:07 pm »

The day Donald Trump drew his first crowd of 20,000 people.  :whistle:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 09:42:36 pm »

Melania,She got her green card, applied for citizenship, waited like everyone else, and became a citizen.

Just wanted to make sure no one missed the truth.     :smokin:

Bill Cipher

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 09:45:44 pm »

:boring:

In other news, the Sun will rise in the East again, tomorrow.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 09:52:51 pm »

Great point. Let's get the truth out there on what a liar and all around stupid person Donny is on immigration....

“I’m changing. I’m changing. We need highly skilled people in this country, and if we can’t do it, we’ll get them in. But, and we do need in Silicon Valley, we absolutely have to have,” “I’m changing it, and I’m softening the position because we have to have talented people in this country,”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2016, 09:54:20 pm »
NRO HAS DECIDED TO TWIST AND LIE, ANYTHING TO BRING TRUMP DOWN!
Here are some actual facts:
Wow!
Talk about playing loose with facts ie lies![/b]

Read more: http://jamaicans.com/jamaican-model-alexia-palmer-sues-trump-owned-talent-agency/#ixzz42l874ayr

Melania,She got her green card, applied for citizenship, waited like everyone else, and became a citizen.

True as to the founding of the modeling agency.  But:

Melania Trump (born Melanija Knavs,[1][2] April 26, 1970; Germanized to Melania Knauss) is a Slovene jewelry and watch designer and former model.[3] She is married to American billionaire real estate developer and 2016 U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump.[4] Born in Yugoslavia (now Slovenia), she became a permanent resident of the United States in 2001 and acquired citizenship in 2006.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melania_Trump

So, she was not a permanent resident until 2001 and was in the country  on an H-1B visa.  So nothing Williamson said is contradicted by this.

As for Palmer, she did work for Trump and she IS suing him for not paying her prevailing wages, contrary to H1-B rules.

One must ask, why did he found a modeling agency which dealt in H1-B visas when Melania was not a permanent resident?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 09:55:18 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 10:07:21 pm »
Wonder what country his next wife will be from?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 11:49:39 pm »
aligncare wrote above:
"Let's face it. We're watching the self immolation of the conservative movement".

I think a more accurate statement (with 3 letters added) would be:
"Let's face it. We're watching the self immolation of the NEOconservative movement".

The paleo-conservatives remain and have always been here.
They also remain, as aligncare mentioned, "nativist and nationalistic".

The old line conservatives may view Trump as an ally, not as an opponent.
Not specifically "one of them", but a man who walks a congruent path towards the same goals.

That the neoconservatives are having fits about Mr. Trump, indicates to me that their "goals" are distinctly different from those of the old conservatives...

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 11:52:05 pm »
"Let's face it. We're watching the self immolation of the NEOconservative movement".

Glad to see them go! 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2016, 03:17:33 am »
aligncare wrote above:
"Let's face it. We're watching the self immolation of the conservative movement".

The paleo-conservatives remain and have always been here.
They also remain, as aligncare mentioned, "nativist and nationalistic".

The old line conservatives may view Trump as an ally, not as an opponent.
Not specifically "one of them", but a man who walks a congruent path towards the same goals.

That the neoconservatives are having fits about Mr. Trump, indicates to me that their "goals" are distinctly different from those of the old conservatives...
Paleocons are also staunchly fiscally responsible and anti-war, neither of which describe Mr. Trump or most of his base.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2016, 04:11:04 am »
Paleocons are also staunchly fiscally responsible and anti-war, neither of which describe Mr. Trump or most of his base.

Trump wants to eliminate fraud and waste - that is fiscally responsible.  He wants to obliterate ISIS and get out - he is not for prolonged slow burn war like neo-cons are.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

A-Lert

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 04:42:19 am »

Who is responsible for the $18 trillion national debt and US military stationed throughout the world? Not Donald Trump.