Author Topic: Trump: There are ‘two Donald Trumps’ (then says there is only one)  (Read 293 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/272666-trump-there-are-two-donald-trumps

Donald Trump wavered Friday over whether there are two Donald Trumps — a public persona and a private side.

Trump initially agreed with the assessment that there are two Donald Trumps after Ben Carson, in his endorsement of the GOP frontrunner, noted that there are “two different Donald Trumps." Carson said there is the Trump that the public sees “on the stage” and another who is very “cerebral.”

Trump, asked about Carson's remarks, stated: “There are two Donald Trumps, there is the public version [which is] probably different from the personal Donald Trump.”
But when asked by reporters a few minutes later to expand on that idea and about whether he made a distinct choice to create two different characters, the reality television star changed his tune.

“I don’t think there are two Donald Trumps, there’s one Donald Trump,” he said.

“You have somebody who sits and reads and thinks. I have been a thinker, perhaps people don’t see me that way.”

The comments could be used by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) and other opponents of Trump, who argue he doesn’t mean half of what he says and cannot be trusted.

Trump: Michael Scott from the Office

Offline sinkspur

“You have somebody who sits andreads and thinks tweets .I have been a thinker I am on twitter constantly perhaps people don’t see me that way.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.