Author Topic: Senator Mike Lee Endorses Cruz  (Read 235 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Senator Mike Lee Endorses Cruz
« on: March 11, 2016, 02:21:26 pm »
It's about time!! Finally!!  I'm really surprised he didn't endorse him much sooner.

Sen. Mike Lee Endorses Ted Cruz

Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz snared his first endorsement from a U.S. Senate colleague on Thursday when Senator Mike Lee of Utah backed him for the party's nomination.

“Ted Cruz has been a tireless defender of the Constitution and the founding principles that have made this the greatest country the world has ever known,” said Lee, who, like Cruz, is a former Supreme Court clerk. “Ted is a leader with a proven record of fighting for our conservative values and for the issues that matter most to Americans. He has shown time and again that he is willing to stand up to Washington. Ted is an authentic fighter who will ensure that poverty is temporary instead of tolerable, that hardworking families will have real opportunities to rise and he will put an end to the special perks and privileges for the wealthy and well-connected.  America deserves a president who is principled, positive and proven – I believe that describes Ted Cruz and why I am proud to endorse him for President of the United States.”

“I couldn’t be more humbled by Mike’s endorsement,” said Cruz. “He has been a tremendous friend and I am deeply honored by his support.  No one has fought harder to restore the rule of law, end cronyism, and level the playing field for millions of Americans.  Mike is a brilliant policy entrepreneur who has been a driving force in promoting conservative reforms to lift people out of poverty, make education more affordable, and fix our tax system. I am privileged to have his support and look forward to having his help coalescing conservatives around our campaign.”...

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/ted-cruz-mike-lee/2016/03/10/id/718509/?ns_mail_uid=5107558&ns_mail_job=1659139_03102016&s=al&dkt_nbr=udskarye

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.