Author Topic: Conservative Purists Are Capitulating with Support of Trump  (Read 1949 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: Conservative Purists Are Capitulating with Support of Trump
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2016, 04:26:33 am »
Y
Trump  stated he would eliminate some government departments, send illegals back
and control the border. Make America great again. You disagree?

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

He has not named any government departments he would eliminate and he has a touchback amnesty program.

He'd send them to Mexico, then bring them all back.

That's amnesty. And would be ferociously expensive.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2016, 04:51:30 am »
Sink, you are wrong.  Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

But carry on.

He's reading minds again instead of reading policy papers.

Sink knows Trump better than Trump knows Trump. Just ask him.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2016, 04:55:10 am »

He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.

But, Rubio is the true conservative. I mean Ted Cruz is the true conservative, I mean Cruzio is the true conservative. Just ask him, him, thim.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2016, 05:19:47 am »
Sink, you are wrong.  Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

But carry on.

How's he wrong? You are either for Trumps big govt' solutions or you are not. I cannot understand why the Trump people keep avoiding that topic.

A-Lert

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2016, 05:29:20 am »
How's he wrong? You are either for Trumps big govt' solutions or you are not. I cannot understand why the Trump people keep avoiding that topic.

Cutting the EPA and Dept of Ed. is cutting "big government".

HonestJohn

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2016, 05:58:15 am »
Cutting the EPA and Dept of Ed. is cutting "big government".

Hiring enough government employees to round up 12 million people dwarfs that by several magnitudes.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2016, 06:03:20 am »

Well, as long as you put it that way...fabricated and fully unsubstantiated, may I interject my answer? But, before I do, answer a quick question. When did you stop beating your wife?

A-Lert

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2016, 07:08:48 am »
Hiring enough government employees to round up 12 million people dwarfs that by several magnitudes.

You know that is what Trump plans to do, or is it typical  anti-Trump speculation and assumption?

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2016, 08:48:09 am »
You know that is what Trump plans to do, or is it typical  anti-Trump speculation and assumption?

We know damned well that Trump has no plans to deport 12 Million illegal immigrants..undocumented 'workers'...whatever you want to call them.

But we know damned FULL well that illegal immigrant criminals and gang-bangers will be deported and STAY deported.

We know full well that ICE will be doing their intended jobs and not be doing the bidding of the LEFT.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2016, 11:55:56 am »

At every single rally, Trump mentions that he's going to build a wall, make Mexico pay for it, and deport *ALL* the illegal immigrants.

I take him at his word.

Far too often do people rationalize away statements made by politicians as a 'he didn't mean that' or 'he can't do that'.  I look at their pronouncements as what they will do if allowed.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2016, 11:58:31 am »
At every single rally, Trump mentions that he's going to build a wall, make Mexico pay for it, and deport *ALL* the illegal immigrants.

I take him at his word.

You do no such thing.   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HonestJohn

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2016, 12:09:06 pm »
You do no such thing.   :whistle:

I noticed you made no mention about the 'Drumpf doesn't say he's going to deport all the illegals'.

And the reason I actively despise Drumpf is because of his statements.  I don't want what he's selling and I think his statements are an anathema to Conservatism.

I do think he's statements on immigration are what he'll do if allowed.  Same with Muslims.  And on killing the families of terrorists, etc, etc, etc.

The same with his economic pronouncements.

---

While I think that he'll be opposed on those things and stopped... he will try his level best to make it happen.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2016, 12:37:52 pm »
I noticed you made no mention about the 'Drumpf doesn't say he's going to deport all the illegals'.

And the reason I actively despise Drumpf is because of his statements.  I don't want what he's selling and I think his statements are an anathema to Conservatism.

I do think he's statements on immigration are what he'll do if allowed.  Same with Muslims.  And on killing the families of terrorists, etc, etc, etc.

The same with his economic pronouncements.

---

While I think that he'll be opposed on those things and stopped... he will try his level best to make it happen.

Myself...I believe that he knows his PRIMARY goal is to bring unhappy Democrats into his fold on Election Day.   Nothing more and nothing less.

A lot of what he says is merely for effect.  For example, "Bush lied....".   

That by itself made many Democrats and Independents raise their heads.  And it worked.  And it will keep working.

"...any Republican that will say that, is worth a 2nd and 3rd look, etc., "

I think his statement on deportation, especially after the Kathryn Steinle murder in San Diego,enabled him to OWN the illegal immigrant issue.  And this mass murderer caught yesterday...an illegal immigrant, will prove beneficial for the upcoming Ohio and Florida primaries. 

He will play this up and get a huge bump next Tuesday.   We know he's not going to attempt to deport illegals, wholesale.  It's impossible.  It would literally turn entire zipcodes into ghost towns and ruin local economies.  But the gang-bangers and felons are going to be targeted.

Regarding the Muslims...you keep forgetting to add...".....until we know WTF is going on...who's here".

To me, HJ, that's common sense.

Regarding killing terrorists' families.....when a missile lands in Israel and kills civilians, the Israelis take out the block from which it was fired.

When Russia had a diplomat kidnapped and received a finger in the mail threatening more to follow...they sent the kidnappers ears...ears from their loved ones.

The kidnapping stopped immediately.

Nobody hijacks or shoots down Israeli airliners.   Gee.....wonder why   :whistle:

You hate Donald Trump.  I get it.  You're certainly not alone.

But to make sh*t up only diminishes your credibility and enhances your negatives here in our forum.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2016, 12:52:20 pm »

Hey, DC, Here's my Meshuga Mikey impression.

Everybody join in and sing!

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you:

[/url

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2016, 01:04:00 pm »
More vomitus from Trump:

In a town hall last night, Trump declared "Islam hates America." 

So, he's gone from excluding Muslims from the US to now stating the entire religion hates this country, which, I'm sure, is news to all the Muslim soldiers and moms and dads who live here.

He has no foreign policy advisors, so he pulls all this stuff out of his ass.  No one to tell him he's full of it because he listens to nobody outside of his family. 

More reason to oppose him. He'll continue to supply those reasons right up until election day.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2016, 01:30:29 pm »
o

The 2016 GOP Primary has brought to the for an old divide in Conservatism. There currently is a war being waged between the Dogmatics and the Realists. The Dogmatist care nothing about political realities, only the purity of the candidate political dogma matters to them. The Realist understands you have to be able to advance the political ball down the field to achieve the goals of the dogma. The Realist understands some times a flawed tool is going work better then the flawlessly poltical pure tool.

Reagan, who was a realist, wrote about it.

By Ronald Reagan in his autobiography An American Life

“When I began entering into the give and take of legislative bargaining in Sacramento, a lot of the most radical conservatives who had supported me during the election didn’t like it. “Compromise” was a dirty word to them and they wouldn’t face the fact that we couldn’t get all of what we wanted today. They wanted all or nothing and they wanted it all at once. If you don’t get it all, some said, don’t take anything. I’d learned while negotiating union contracts that you seldom got everything you asked for. And I agreed with FDR, who said in 1933: ‘I have no expectations of making a hit every time I come to bat. What I seek is the highest possible batting average.’ If you got seventy-five or eighty percent of what you were asking for, I say, you take it and fight for the rest later, and that’s what I told these radical conservatives who never got used to it.

Th Dogmatic at NR, Town Hall, Red State and the rest of the “Conservative” media sneer at the realist as being “nihlistic towards DC and the GOP”.

It is not Nihilism, it Realism. Since 1988 Conservatives have faithfully pledges their treasure and time to the GOP. Despite elections successes in 1988, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2010 and 2014 what have Conservative gotten from the GOP?

Prosperity? Nope worse economy since 1979.

Reduction in Government-nope as expense, corrupt, incompetent, intrusive and bigger then ever

Supreme Court? Nope as far left as it has ever been.

A Nation secure? Nope at risk in a dangerous world. Military broken, exhausted and overextended.

A respect for rule of law and the Constitution? Nope. Goveremnt, and society, is more lawless then it has ever been.

A healthy growing vibrant society? Nope stagnant or in decline everywhere in every way.

So, it not Nihilism, it Realism. It is a realistic assessment that doing the same thing again this year electorally is going to continue this decline and degradation from DC.You can only overcome inertia in any system with force. So we need to force DC out of it denigrate path onto a new path. So why Trump rather then Cruz?

I know this falls on deaf ears with 100%ers at NR, Red State and other “Conservative” media but the fact remains, we are a Constitutional Republic that rests on the notion that the people’s Representatives in Government know how to compromise and negotiate.

This feeling that Cruz will ride into DC and dictate the Conservative Media’s 100%er terms to everyone else there is simply wishful thinking. What is more probably is Cruz would be a GOP Carter.

Carter was the same sort of religious political puritan who went to DC and assumed he would dictate his political dogmas to everyone there. The record shows how badly that idea failed.

“Conservative” politicians talk a good game and then go to DC and accomplish nothing. After 30 years of fail, it is time to try another solution. The winning candidate is, brace yourseelf.... going to have to cut DEALS! And some times those deals require..compromise!!!

Another fail point for the “Principled Conservatives” is they think only as far as the election. Then once they win their purity candidates go to DC and fail against the inertia of the DC/Media political machine. 1988-1994-1998-2000-2002-2004-2010-2014 are all example of where this “Next election” mindset has failed.

Trump is merely the 1st wave of a multi wave assault. Cruz might do for a follow up wave, he is not a 1st wave candidate. Without Trump to lead the way, the Cruz boat would of either been ignored because it was irrelevant, or been shelled into oblivion by the $10s of millions of GOPE attack ads.

The 1st wave job in any assault is to shatter the defenses and open the road for the follow up waves. No matter how flawed you think the vessel is, Trump is the best 1st wave political assault team we have had to hand in my lifetime.

We need to use Trump for all he is worth to shatter the corrupt, “my party right or wrong” mindset that grips vast swaths of the electorate. Break that inertia, get the people thinking outside the party label box and real change is possible. Do not an we slide into a stagnate European style decline that will not end in my lifetime. Cruz shares that agenda point but is not as well equipped by background and media following to achieve that break through as Trump

We either win this now or we have little chance of ever doing it again politically. Once we win we must relentlessly stay on the attack election wave after election wave until we are dead.

I am really not willing to leave this fight to my kids and grand-kids. We have let the ship of state drift since Reagan in the hands of the “smart people”. We failed and most redeem that failure.

This is our generation’s “go” time

Bill Cipher

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2016, 01:47:58 pm »
Hey, DC, Here's my Meshuga Mikey impression.

Everybody join in and sing!

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right. Here I am, stuck in the middle with you:

[/url

It's only good if you did it yourself. If you didn't then you're just a copycat. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2016, 01:48:34 pm »
Oh please.  What have purists done to convert voters to conservatism in the 28 years since Reagan left office?

It's hard to convert voters to conservatism when the Party keeps insisting on running anti-conservative DNC-Lite candidates for national office.

Bush,Bush,McLunatic,Romney,Lady Lindsey,Bob Dolt,etc,etc,etc? Are you freaking kidding me?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2016, 01:50:22 pm »
The ones who were decrying Obama's increase in the size of the government, right up until Trump seduced them.

It's always odd how it's "different" when it's YOUR guy doing it,isn't it?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2016, 01:56:07 pm »
We know damned well that Trump has no plans to deport 12 Million illegal immigrants..undocumented 'workers'...whatever you want to call them.

Why would that be different from any other issue,when he has no actual plans to accomplish anything he claims to be opposed to,other than
"hire good managers"{.

Well,guess what,Buckwheat! We,the people,THINK that's what we are doing when we elected politicians to represent us.

Bill Cipher

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2016, 01:58:01 pm »
o

The 2016 GOP Primary has brought to the for an old divide in Conservatism. There currently is a war being waged between the Dogmatics and the Realists. The Dogmatist care nothing about political realities, only the purity of the candidate political dogma matters to them. The Realist understands you have to be able to advance the political ball down the field to achieve the goals of the dogma. The Realist understands some times a flawed tool is going work better then the flawlessly poltical pure tool.

Reagan, who was a realist, wrote about it.

By Ronald Reagan in his autobiography An American Life

“When I began entering into the give and take of legislative bargaining in Sacramento, a lot of the most radical conservatives who had supported me during the election didn’t like it. “Compromise” was a dirty word to them and they wouldn’t face the fact that we couldn’t get all of what we wanted today. They wanted all or nothing and they wanted it all at once. If you don’t get it all, some said, don’t take anything. I’d learned while negotiating union contracts that you seldom got everything you asked for. And I agreed with FDR, who said in 1933: ‘I have no expectations of making a hit every time I come to bat. What I seek is the highest possible batting average.’ If you got seventy-five or eighty percent of what you were asking for, I say, you take it and fight for the rest later, and that’s what I told these radical conservatives who never got used to it.

Th Dogmatic at NR, Town Hall, Red State and the rest of the “Conservative” media sneer at the realist as being “nihlistic towards DC and the GOP”.

It is not Nihilism, it Realism. Since 1988 Conservatives have faithfully pledges their treasure and time to the GOP. Despite elections successes in 1988, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2010 and 2014 what have Conservative gotten from the GOP?

Prosperity? Nope worse economy since 1979.

Reduction in Government-nope as expense, corrupt, incompetent, intrusive and bigger then ever

Supreme Court? Nope as far left as it has ever been.

A Nation secure? Nope at risk in a dangerous world. Military broken, exhausted and overextended.

A respect for rule of law and the Constitution? Nope. Goveremnt, and society, is more lawless then it has ever been.

A healthy growing vibrant society? Nope stagnant or in decline everywhere in every way.

So, it not Nihilism, it Realism. It is a realistic assessment that doing the same thing again this year electorally is going to continue this decline and degradation from DC.You can only overcome inertia in any system with force. So we need to force DC out of it denigrate path onto a new path. So why Trump rather then Cruz?

I know this falls on deaf ears with 100%ers at NR, Red State and other “Conservative” media but the fact remains, we are a Constitutional Republic that rests on the notion that the people’s Representatives in Government know how to compromise and negotiate.

This feeling that Cruz will ride into DC and dictate the Conservative Media’s 100%er terms to everyone else there is simply wishful thinking. What is more probably is Cruz would be a GOP Carter.

Carter was the same sort of religious political puritan who went to DC and assumed he would dictate his political dogmas to everyone there. The record shows how badly that idea failed.

“Conservative” politicians talk a good game and then go to DC and accomplish nothing. After 30 years of fail, it is time to try another solution. The winning candidate is, brace yourseelf.... going to have to cut DEALS! And some times those deals require..compromise!!!

Another fail point for the “Principled Conservatives” is they think only as far as the election. Then once they win their purity candidates go to DC and fail against the inertia of the DC/Media political machine. 1988-1994-1998-2000-2002-2004-2010-2014 are all example of where this “Next election” mindset has failed.

Trump is merely the 1st wave of a multi wave assault. Cruz might do for a follow up wave, he is not a 1st wave candidate. Without Trump to lead the way, the Cruz boat would of either been ignored because it was irrelevant, or been shelled into oblivion by the $10s of millions of GOPE attack ads.

The 1st wave job in any assault is to shatter the defenses and open the road for the follow up waves. No matter how flawed you think the vessel is, Trump is the best 1st wave political assault team we have had to hand in my lifetime.

We need to use Trump for all he is worth to shatter the corrupt, “my party right or wrong” mindset that grips vast swaths of the electorate. Break that inertia, get the people thinking outside the party label box and real change is possible. Do not an we slide into a stagnate European style decline that will not end in my lifetime. Cruz shares that agenda point but is not as well equipped by background and media following to achieve that break through as Trump

We either win this now or we have little chance of ever doing it again politically. Once we win we must relentlessly stay on the attack election wave after election wave until we are dead.

I am really not willing to leave this fight to my kids and grand-kids. We have let the ship of state drift since Reagan in the hands of the “smart people”. We failed and most redeem that failure.

This is our generation’s “go” time

Anyone who thinks Trump is a realist who will advance the ball down the field is a fool.  Trump defines himself by what and who he hates and whom he wants to exclude.  That's a recipe for painting yourself into a corner, not for building the broad base you'll need to win the general.  It's no surprise to those who think that the one GOP candidate who almost always loses to Clinton in polls is Trump.

And comparing Trump to Reagan is worse than fatuous.  Reagan was an intellectual in disguise.  Trump openly despises intellectualism.  Reagan spent years of study and reflection coming to the views he ran on in 1980. For all we can see, Trump plucked his from a box of crackerjack last year.  Finally, Reagan focused on bringing the uncommitted to him; he didn't pander but he didn't exclude.  Trump panders to his base and excludes a substantial portion of the American electorate.  He's excluded Hispanics, he's excluded women, he's excluded Muslims, and his base is doing a fine job of excluding everyone else.  Do you really think we're going to forget about slurs like GOProg when he loses?  Or even if he wins?  Trumps negativity and his followers' cultish exclusivity is going to leave a permanent mark long after this election is over. 

A-Lert

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2016, 06:25:02 pm »

I take him at his word.

Far too often do people rationalize away statements made by politicians as a 'he didn't mean that' or 'he can't do that'.  I look at their pronouncements as what they will do if allowed.

Do you take every candidate's word? He spent more than 21 straight hours railing against any government funding for Obamacare. Then Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas joined the other 99 senators from both parties in voting Wednesday to move ahead on a spending plan expected to do just that.