Author Topic: Trump Says Mexican Auto Industry to Blame for Detroit's Economic Hardship - Trump leads Michigan polls  (Read 5704 times)

HAPPY2BME

Are you upset about American job losses, profit margins for domestic vehicles or what foreigners make as a daily wage?

===============================

Hey, I am Frank.  I'm mad as hell about it.

We'll necessarily mention is was the greedy UNIONS that drove Ford, Chrysler (now owned by Fiat), and GM offshore.

What's on your mind, bud?

HAPPY2BME

My wife and I used to go to Paul Masson for jazz under the stars wine tasting, some big names, too ...man.

Again my apologies for interrupting the conversation

==============================

What a treat.  My wife and I can remember most of what happened on the Skunk Train.  We sat and talked for a good hour with the band leader from 'Dancing With The Stars.'  What a dude.  He used to play with Frank Zappa.  Not exactly my tune, but it was fascinating to hear him talk about it.

I'll be glad when this god-forsaken fiasco of a butchered hack job election is over.

HAPPY2BME

bumping just cuz I don't like '666' views.

Offline Frank Cannon

===============================

Hey, I am Frank.  I'm mad as hell about it.

We'll necessarily mention is was the greedy UNIONS that drove Ford, Chrysler (now owned by Fiat), and GM offshore.

What's on your mind, bud?

If we are upset about the Mexicans building cars and huge tariffs need to be placed on them the same should go for the Canadian counterparts....but Trump doesn't call for that. It is intentional and deliberate that Mexico is cited and not the other border buddy.

HAPPY2BME

If we are upset about the Mexicans building cars and huge tariffs need to be placed on them the same should go for the Canadian counterparts....but Trump doesn't call for that. It is intentional and deliberate that Mexico is cited and not the other border buddy.

=================================

While that is a valid observation, it does not yet address the fact of the 2-sided sword: namely Export/Import deficits -and- illegal immigration.

If you can see this, we can talk.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Norcal also has great recreational spots: streams, reservoirs, lakes, Sacramento River, Whiskeytown, Shasta lake, Clear lake...ahh, Tahoe.

I miss California.

Sorry about the interruption...carry on.

You left out the camping along the north coast. The mountains at your back, the ocean
down below you. Best of both worlds!

And until or unless the next president and Congress get real about competitive corporate
and even smaller business taxation, and stop using it as part and parcel of crony capitalism
as has been done for what seems eons, the jobs won't even think about coming back. From
wherever they went.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Frank Cannon

=================================

While that is a valid observation, it does not yet address the fact of the 2-sided sword: namely Export/Import deficits -and- illegal immigration.

If you can see this, we can talk.

I've said my piece on this topic. Don't really care if you accept it or not. What really gets me angry is that I was my usual cheap self and got the manual tailgate window on that Canadian Montego. That thing was the biggest pain in the ass I ever owned. It took two hands to open it. The subsequent electric rear window wagons I baught were spectacular.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:57:51 am by Frank Cannon »

HAPPY2BME

China is buying up American companies fast, and it's freaking people out

There is General Electric's sale of its appliance business to Qingdao-based Haier, Zoomlion's bid for the heavy-lifting-equipment maker Terex Corp., and ChemChina's record-breaking deal for the Swiss seeds and pesticides group Syngenta, valued at $48 billion.

Most recently, a unit of the Chinese conglomerate HNA Group said it would buy the technology distributor Ingram Micro for $6 billion.

And the most contentious deal so far might be the Chinese-led investor group Chongqing Casin Enterprise's bid for the Chicago Stock Exchange.
A deal spree

To date, there have been 102 Chinese outbound mergers-and-acquisitions deals announced this year, amounting to $81.6 billion in value, according to Dealogic. That's up from 72 deals worth $11 billion in the same period last year.

Offline aligncare

China is buying up American companies fast, and it's freaking people out

There is General Electric's sale of its appliance business to Qingdao-based Haier, Zoomlion's bid for the heavy-lifting-equipment maker Terex Corp., and ChemChina's record-breaking deal for the Swiss seeds and pesticides group Syngenta, valued at $48 billion.

Most recently, a unit of the Chinese conglomerate HNA Group said it would buy the technology distributor Ingram Micro for $6 billion.

And the most contentious deal so far might be the Chinese-led investor group Chongqing Casin Enterprise's bid for the Chicago Stock Exchange.
A deal spree

To date, there have been 102 Chinese outbound mergers-and-acquisitions deals announced this year, amounting to $81.6 billion in value, according to Dealogic. That's up from 72 deals worth $11 billion in the same period last year.

Donald Trump speaks to the reality of our fears about China's aggressive nationalism. A nationalism we must counter by strong self interested nationalism on our own part.

The Harvard trained lawyers Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, don't have a clue how to deal with the economic realities facing the American middle-class. Donald Trump does. How do I know this? Because his message resonates with the middle-class, and they are showing their support for Donald Trump in every national poll.

Ted Cruz with 15% national support will lose to Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders in a loss of biblical proportions.

Go Trump! Standing up for America and Americans. Ted Cruz – and his connected wife – standing up for Wall Street and Goldman Sachs!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I am quite certain that a billionaire knows all about the worry of meeting the mortgage.  :whistle:

Hell, if you want someone who understands the plight of the middle class, you should be all in for Rubio. He's the broke one.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sinkspur

Donald Trump speaks to the reality of our fears about China's aggressive nationalism. A nationalism we must counter by strong self interested nationalism on our own part.

The Harvard trained lawyers Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, don't have a clue how to deal with the economic realities facing the American middle-class. Donald Trump does. How do I know this? Because his message resonates with the middle-class, and they are showing their support for Donald Trump in every national poll.

Ted Cruz with 15% national support will lose to Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders in a loss of biblical proportions.

Go Trump! Standing up for America and Americans. Ted Cruz – and his connected wife – standing up for Wall Street and Goldman Sachs!

What's Trump's national standing?  He's the only one who loses to Hillary in RCP polling.

And don't make us laugh. Trump knows nothing about the middle class.  All his projects cater to the upper crust, and, when given a chance to employ some everyday Americans, he goes to Romania and hires cheap foreign labor.

The momentum is shifting in Cruz's favor. I agree, Cruz can't win either, which means the GOP is on a kamikaze mission  Handing the nomination to one of the two men with the highest unfavorables in the Republican Party.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.