Author Topic: Gingrich: Trump right to skip CPAC  (Read 3661 times)

HAPPY2BME

Gingrich: Trump right to skip CPAC
« on: March 05, 2016, 02:47:41 am »

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) on Friday praised Donald Trump for his last-minute decision to skip the annual Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

Trump was right to skip CPAC. The votes are in Kansas not Washington. Why give the anti-trump activists a target
    — Newt Gingrich (@newtgingrich) March 4, 2016

CPAC organizers announced Friday that the GOP presidential front-runner had dropped out of his commitment to speak at the conference on Saturday morning.

Very disappointed @realDonaldTrump has decided at the last minute to drop out of #CPAC -- his choice sends a clear message to conservatives.
    — CPAC (@CPAC) March 4, 2016

The real estate mogul's campaign issued a statement shortly after saying he would instead be campaigning in Kansas and Florida.

“Because of this, he will not be able to speak at CPAC as he has done for many consecutive years,” the statement read. “Mr. Trump would like to thank Matt Schlapp and all of the executives at CPAC and looks forward to returning to next year, hopefully as President of the United States.”

Trump has been heavily criticized by many Republicans, and some speakers at the gathering took the opportunity take shots at the front-runner.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/271841-gingrich-trump-right-to-skip-cpac

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Gingrich: Trump right to skip CPAC
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 03:33:33 am »
I used attend CPAC regularly.  But after a few years it became obvious that it was a great place to meet people, hear some speeches, yawn through some panel discussions, enjoy a nice dinner event, buy a few books and have them autographed by the author.

But that's it---until the invitation and invoice for the next year's gathering.  I don't see why this event is deemed so important.   :shrug:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 03:37:22 am »
But that's it---until the invitation and invoice for the next year's gathering.  I don't see why this event is deemed so important.   :shrug:

======================

Its important for those who keep telling themselves 'Hey, this is important.  You're here, I'm here, it's gotta be important.'

Main topic:  "Donald Trump is a no-show, that BASTARD!"

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 04:17:44 am »
Thank God the guy who potty trained Bohner, Kasich and Paul Ryan is here to tell us what is true.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 04:21:14 am »
Thank God the guy who potty trained Bohner, Kasich and Paul Ryan is here to tell us what is true.

======================

Yeah, I know.  Didn't he lead a congress somewhere, sometime?

Let's rape Mike Huckabee too, while we're at it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 04:24:20 am »
======================

Yeah, I know.  Didn't he lead a congress somewhere, sometime?

Let's rape Mike Huckabee too, while we're at it.

Aren't his followers the most hated people on the planet today?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 04:26:01 am »
Aren't his followers the most hated people on the planet today?

==============================

It depends on what planet you are living on and how much love you have for living on it.

You are talking about Marco Rubio, right?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 04:33:05 am »
==============================

It depends on what planet you are living on and how much love you have for living on it.

You are talking about Marco Rubio, right?

I don't know if you are old enough to remember, but Kasich and Boehner were Gingrich's top men in the mid 90's. Cut from the same cloth. Now they are garbage. Newt is now pimping Drumpf. Seems suspect to me. How about a "Tear down the system" guy like you?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 04:35:46 am »
I don't know if you are old enough to remember, but Kasich and Boehner were Gingrich's top men in the mid 90's. Cut from the same cloth. Now they are garbage. Newt is now pimping Drumpf. Seems suspect to me. How about a "Tear down the system" guy like you?

Gingrich is nothing if not a hanger-on.  Remember how pissed he was when Clinton didn't invite him to sit in the front of Air Force One on a foreign trip/

Newt is old news.  But he's sure panting after Trump, hoping for some crumbs off the table.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

A-Lert

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 04:40:27 am »
Politics makes strange bedfellows.

Charles Dudley Warner

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charlesdud379741.html

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 04:42:39 am »

=============================

Would you dare utter such words just six months ago, while Boehner still held the gavel.

There is a reason he got ran out of town with tar and feathers hanging off his drunk ass.

Yes, Kasich and Boehner weened off the coattails of Newt in an entirely different America, when America was still something that could be called 'America.'

Are you saying it is impossible for Newt, who is absolutely complicit with mentoring both Kasich and Boehner to refute not just himself, but all three?

As for him pimping Trump, it is your definition that counts in your own mind.

Trump has never held office, New, Kasich, and Boehner have.  I do think Kasich is a solid man, though, and that his experience is very valuable.  He would be a great choice over Rubio, and is more winnable than Cruz, across the board.

Back to Trump.  He's never held a public office. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2016, 04:43:18 am »
Gingrich is nothing if not a hanger-on.  Remember how pissed he was when Clinton didn't invite him to sit in the front of Air Force One on a foreign trip/

Newt is old news.  But he's sure panting after Trump, hoping for some crumbs off the table.

Impossible. Trump supporters don't have time for that. Only outside the outside outsiders. Gingrich embodies all of that in spades. Just look at his history and the people he hung with. The man is as revolutionary as Adelai Stevenson.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2016, 04:44:46 am »

Preemptive maneuver. Smart.
Politics makes strange bedfellows.

Charles Dudley Warner

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charlesdud379741.html

Politics is loaded with ironies.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2016, 04:50:29 am »
=============================

Are you saying it is impossible for Newt, who is absolutely complicit with mentoring both Kasich and Boehner to refute not just himself, but all three?

=========

Back to Trump.  He's never held a public office.

Can you point to where Newt refutes anything? The only thing he has to point to for relevance is the Contract. As for not holding office as a prerequisite, Kim Kardashian hasn't held office either and she has one hell of a money making operation going. No bankruptcy issues or lawsuits too.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 04:55:58 am »

He's an accomplished and clever man, though. He's had his moments of great achievement, including some successes as speaker, and that moment in a primary debate in '12 when he brought the house down by ripping into the debate moderator's biased, gotcha question. He knows his way around words. Very few are better.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2016, 05:02:20 am »

Look around. Boehner's gone. Fail.

What did he accomplish? Nothing that reduced government in any way,

What did Newt Gingrich accomplish? Really big things --If a balanced budget is your thing.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2016, 05:20:20 am »
Can you point to where Newt refutes anything? The only thing he has to point to for relevance is the Contract. As for not holding office as a prerequisite, Kim Kardashian hasn't held office either and she has one hell of a money making operation going. No bankruptcy issues or lawsuits too.

I can't believe this.

I doubt you'll find a large or small U.S. company today that hasn't been named in a lawsuit. What do you think 1.22 million United States lawyers do all day?

Did you know Apple had companies in bankruptcy? Any large successful corporation has had failures. What do you think Mitt Romney did at Bain Capital all day?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2016, 07:22:07 am »

===========================

Pretty sure neither Donald or I would vote for Kim.

Plus, she's not running for anything.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:22:28 am by HAPPY2BME »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 01:19:40 pm »
===========================

Pretty sure neither Donald or I would vote for Kim.

The Donald reminds me of Kim - Kim Jong-un.
 :seeya:

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Longiron

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2016, 01:24:08 pm »
======================

Its important for those who keep telling themselves 'Hey, this is important.  You're here, I'm here, it's gotta be important.'

Main topic:  "Donald Trump is a no-show, that BASTARD!"

BECK as a feature speaker is all one has to know? It is a talk radio hosts FAUX conservative meeting of POLITICANS who are all TALK and do nothing except what their donors tell them to do !!! keep doing the same thing over and over and expect a different result!!!!!CPAC at its finest!! :beer:

HAPPY2BME

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2016, 02:47:15 pm »

How so?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 02:47:25 pm »
 :seeya:

Calm down. Go see a movie. You can see The Patriot on Netflix. That could put things back in to perspective for you. Have a nice day.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 03:20:26 pm »
It does not matter what Gingrich thinks about it.  It probably will not matter a lot to today's voters.  But to conservatives paying attention, it is one of many red flags.

Sorry you don't get to say that. That lame claim (I love alliteration) you foolishly make is refuted by the actual vote count.

Conservatives – roughly half of them – including social conservatives, fiscal conservative, national defense conservatives, all voted for Donald Trump.

Get over it and get used to it. You don't own the conservative mantle.