Author Topic: Republican Group Forms to Draft Paul Ryan for U.S. President  (Read 674 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republican Group Forms to Draft Paul Ryan for U.S. President
« on: March 04, 2016, 07:48:03 pm »
http://fortune.com/2016/03/04/draft-paul-ryan-president/

Republican Group Forms to Draft Paul Ryan for U.S. President

by  Reuters

March 4, 2016, 12:18 PM EST

But House Speaker has no interest.

With U.S. Republicans sharply split over a front-runner they cannot unite behind, a new group is trying to push the country’s top elected Republican, Paul Ryan, into the White House race.

The Committee to Draft Speaker Ryan filed papers as a Super PAC with the Federal Election Commission on Thursday, adding to the groups of mainstream Republican leaders and donors with a shared goal: stopping Trump.

Ryan, the House of Representatives speaker who spoke out against Trump for not quickly rejecting white supremacist support, did not appear ready to take on the role.

“He is flattered, but not interested,” Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong said in an email on Friday.

Politico first reported the formation of the draft-Ryan PAC.

Mitt Romney, the Republicans’ losing presidential candidate in 2012, also said he was not interested.

“There are no circumstances I can foresee where that would possibly happen,” Romney said on NBC’s “Today” show on Friday, a day after he excoriated Trump as a fraud ill-equipped for the White House.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline R4 TrumPence

Re: Republican Group Forms to Draft Paul Ryan for U.S. President
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 07:50:30 pm »
You mean the guy that couldn't even carry his own state in 2012?

:silly: :huh?:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 07:57:10 pm »
Ryan has less of a chance than anyone currently in the clown car.

What kind of debate has people showing their hands for dubious size reasons?!
Trump has done his job, he has virtually assured Hillary Clinton will be the next president. Let's take inventory shall we?

- A far left president will be elected, and get to choose a far left justice for the USSC.
- An evil, lying, power hungry woman will pander to everyone and anyone in order to secure her place in history as an agent of change. That's moving America further left.
- Congress facing the first woman president, will be just as stupefied as it has been with Obama the first half black president.

The only good I can see in all this, is the GOP may actually fold go the way of the Whig party. If so, that's a great thing, I'm tired of not having any representation. But, it's going to be a long 8 years. Do you like what you're getting with Obama? Hope so, because we're about to get more of the same.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 08:02:34 pm »
Seems a lot of bs flying through the airwaves these days.  This that or the other candidate is dropping out....or NOT.  Romney is entering the race..........or NOT.   Christie will be the veep, or NOT.
The only thing we know for sure is that tRump is happy with the size of his private part.
G-d help us if this madman is ever near the nuclear football.
He did back off from his plans to kill the families of terrorists but he might change his mind again in the next hour.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 08:09:09 pm »
These kind of things pop up all the time. They are vehicles to raise funds or move funds from taxable accounts to ones that potentially have lower taxes or none.  There are people in the beltway who have an entire career out of making these type of PACs solely to funnel money around.

I wouldn't think too much about one being started if it doesn't actually get traction.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 08:11:22 pm »
What?  Is Peter Pan too busy?

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 08:33:05 pm »
Congress right now has a 13% approval rating.

Offline Relic

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 08:58:09 pm »
Congress right now has a 13% approval rating.

I can't believe 13% approve. Someone is massaging the numbers.

Offline flowers

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 09:04:52 pm »
I can't believe 13% approve. Someone is massaging the numbers.
:laugh: